Now that the coping period has concluded(for most)

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
you do understand how ERA's are calculated, right?

like the bullpen could of been amazing from the 4th or 5th inning thru the 8th inning and then come the 9th inning give up a run or two for a loss and yet the bullpen ERA would still look solid.

its WHEN they gave up the runs that hurt the team down the stretch. I would venture blown saves were higher than usual at the end of the season, for example.
Don't waste your time....very little that he comes up ever transpires anyway. He should just play OOTP instead of following the real thing. The guy's a number freak.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The cubs pen blew seven saves in the last few weeks. If they blew “only” five they’d have been in the playoffs instead of Arizona.

Regardless of what Bellinger did or did not do.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
you do understand how ERA's are calculated, right?

like the bullpen could of been amazing from the 4th or 5th inning thru the 8th inning and then come the 9th inning give up a run or two for a loss and yet the bullpen ERA would still look solid.

its WHEN they gave up the runs that hurt the team down the stretch. I would venture blown saves were higher than usual at the end of the season, for example.

Show your homework on how the pen was not efficient then. Saying it means nothing.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Don't waste your time....very little that he comes up ever transpires anyway. He should just play OOTP instead of following the real thing. The guy's a number freak.

At least I try to find proof vs pulling words out of my ass like you guys then say numbers freak because math is hard. loser

CSF77

Liked Posts:
now you guys can go back to your circle jerk. Make sure to clean up the mess. Safety hazard.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
now you guys can go back to your circle jerk. Make sure to clean up the mess. Safety hazard.
Awww, the numbers freak is upset......try watching a game for a change.....idiot. You might learn something.

"There's no crying in baseball"

LOLOLOL

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Show your homework on how the pen was not efficient then. Saying it means nothing.
The cubs pen blew seven saves in the last few weeks. If they blew “only” five they’d have been in the playoffs instead of Arizona.

i like to cheat on my homework... @TL1961 wasnt covering up his answers

CSF77

Liked Posts:
#Dodgers must be dumb also. At least this is the 'clueless' Opin here

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Awww, the numbers freak is upset......try watching a game for a change.....idiot. You might learn something.

"There's no crying in baseball"

LOLOLOL
You realize that the game is a stat based game and it drives the front offices to make their decisions.

When you become a scout and have a professional opinion vs a asshat remark center then you might understand the business.

But I guess I can't be mad. I can't blame you for not getting past your toes when counting. Genetics are a bitch.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You realize that the game is a stat based game and it drives the front offices to make their decisions.

When you become a scout and have a professional opinion vs a asshat remark center then you might understand the business.

But I guess I can't be mad. I can't blame you for not getting past your toes when counting. Genetics are a bitch.
What a complete boob. It's not a stat based game.. it's a people based game. OOTP is a stats based game, dufus. Fans don't play big bucks to go see stats with uniforms on(although you probably would)...it's the players that make the game. Of course, your OCD has your nose buried up Bill James ass so far that you can't see a game. Too bad, idiot...you don't know what you are missing.

I'm a college educated retired man with no debt, my home is paid for.....not even a car payment. Not overly wealthy....but I don't have to be. Im comfortable.

You? You're a fucking mailman....LOL. You can thank your parents for the genetics to walk....that's probably your best trait. Also a penchant for obsessive mental disorders.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yep, they would have. Getting their ass kicked again because of their shit bullpen. LOL

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yep, they would have. Getting their ass kicked again because of their shit bullpen. LOL

You have to have the lead to get a blown save. With out Belli they would never have had a lead to blow.

Regardless, looking over the current team I am seeing 62 wins. Belli pushes it up to 70-80.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm looking forward to bellingers 18 WAR season. Incredible
Little more to do with a line up that no stability. The term WAR rarely translates to actual wins. Ohtani and Trout would have been on play off teams every year if that was the case

Right now:

Hoerner
Tauchman
Suzuki
Happ
Swanson
Morel
Mervis
Gomes
Madgral

That is your opening day team. That is a 62 win team and might get 5 more if the pitching and D is solid

Bellinger moves Tauchman to 4th OF or Mervis to the bench or AAA.

That adds stability. Thus creating better line up match ups

Most feel the same that Bellinger was vital to last years success.

To be honest they underperformed at the end and was most likely due to David not rotating players and burning them up

They over performed preseason projections due to Bellinger, Steele and Alzolay all 3 performing over expectations. It had little to do with David waving a magic wand.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
My view point for the line up to be successful as is. And that is relative to talent.

Morel has to be utilized on the field to create at DH field off day

He has played all 3 OF spots. CF, SS,3B, 2B and SS. 1B he has been getting work in

Basically he would be a 6th man getting the starters a DH day

Now this doesn't change the team weaknesses. It just curbs injury and burn out or putting a hack in that kills the O.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
soooo Counsell is totally taking this team to the playoffs this year, right?! since hes sooooo much better than Ross, how could he not, right?!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
soooo Counsell is totally taking this team to the playoffs this year, right?! since hes sooooo much better than Ross, how could he not, right?!
Yes, just as soon as last year’s starting CF loses his job and is pushed to the bench in what we call “stability”.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes, just as soon as last year’s starting CF loses his job and is pushed to the bench in what we call “stability”.
So if they bring Belli back, the bar is set at playoffs and anything less will be a disappointment greater than this years miss?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So if they bring Belli back, the bar is set at playoffs and anything less will be a disappointment greater than this years miss?
Even that's a stretch....Counsell won't be looking down to the Brewer pen this year, it's the Cub pen which is currently stocked with a bunch of rejects from other teams. And I don't want to hear the "tired, overuse bullshit"....you're a professional ML pitcher, you damn sure better be able to give your team a zero inning in a playoff race or you don't belong. Counsell is gonna find out soon enough how Hoyer works.

When the Cubs flew out of Atlanta last year.....everyone in the organization should've had a finger pointed at their inept GM.