Nowhere To Go For Rodgers

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
"Jun. 23—It was a gallant effort by Aaron Rodgers.

Trying to scream and kick his way out of Green Bay.

There is only one problem. There is no place to go. Thus, he's going nowhere."

Rodgers all ramped up, still in place

In the NBA, players run the league, and can force themselves in or out anywhere, anytime. Contracts notwithstanding.

The NFL is quite different. Contracts matter, and thus, Aaron Rodgers will play for Green Bay next season, or not at all.

So, buckle up.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I was kind of hoping Rodgers would get traded. But at a minimum, the amount of noise has to affect the Packers in some way this season.

And regardless, its the beginning of the end for Rodgers in Green Bay.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I was kind of hoping Rodgers would get traded. But at a minimum, the amount of noise has to affect the Packers in some way this season.

He won't get traded this year, but he could easily still sit out of Murphy keeps poking the bear. Thatd be even better because it would hurt his trade value somewhat next year and hold GB captive all season while not improving another team this year

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He should throw 3 picks a game until traded.
tenor.gif

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Article said Denver's defense is "Not Good." Lol

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He should retire. But he won’t. And this will be much ado about nothing

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Not sure if the best case scenario for the NFC North is he retires with GB getting no compensation but recouping cap space, or him coming in disgruntled and being a team cancer while eating up cap space, leaving Love to languish on the bench.

I might pay money to see him pull a QB version of Brandon refusing to catch balls and punting balls, by him dirting passes at WR feet or throwing them 10ft over guys heads into the TC crowd.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
He should retire. But he won’t. And this will be much ado about nothing
I dont think he'll retire. I think he's stubborn and spiteful enough to hold out throughout the year until he has to show up to accrue a year of service, like leveon did. Thatd hang over the whole team all year

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

Not sure this means anything. but it was reported Rodgers just renewed his golf club membership in Green Bay for another year.

It sounds like he isn't planning on moving anytime soon.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He'll show up to camp late and pissed off. I would love to see him traded out of the division or just retire but I think there is too much money on the table for him to just walk. As one of the talking heads say on NFL radio, father time and money are undefeated. Rodgers is fighting time which will eventually win.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He'll show up to camp late and pissed off. I would love to see him traded out of the division or just retire but I think there is too much money on the table for him to just walk. As one of the talking heads say on NFL radio, father time and money are undefeated. Rodgers is fighting time which will eventually win.
Well Brady might be the first NFL player to beat father time.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
What about sitting out until week 10 or whatever week he has to be in? He'd still get paid a good chunk and he'd royally screw gb which he likely would love. It would undoubtedly force GB to move him next season too. While potentially giving him half a season to be a hero for gb fans one last time after watching his successor fail. Checks all the boxes for Rodgers

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Well, it was totally worth it to see packers fans squirm and try to bend over backwards to convince themselves that Love could keep that team on top of the NFCN. Wasn't that hilarious, guys?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Why are they being so stubborn about trading him? They'll get a haul

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:

Kind of how I feel. Even if he cowers back to the team, he's basically turned himself into a locker room cancer for the year, as he very likely gets traded next offseason, and every teammate is gonna have to talk about that nonsense in every interview this year.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Not sure this means anything. but it was reported Rodgers just renewed his golf club membership in Green Bay for another year.

It sounds like he isn't planning on moving anytime soon.
Probably on auto renew. He do much golfing in the winter?