Nowhere To Go For Rodgers

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
Not sure this means anything. but it was reported Rodgers just renewed his golf club membership in Green Bay for another year.

It sounds like he isn't planning on moving anytime soon.
What else is he supposed to do during training camp?

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Kind of how I feel. Even if he cowers back to the team, he's basically turned himself into a locker room cancer for the year, as he very likely gets traded next offseason, and every teammate is gonna have to talk about that nonsense in every interview this year.
Oh yeah, the guy who literally makes them a championship calibur team is the cancer. Sorry but I don't buy it.

Were I in that locker room, I'm siding with Rodgers. I don't like the guy but I place the blame for this shit show on management.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Oh yeah, the guy who literally makes them a championship calibur team is the cancer. Sorry but I don't buy it.

Were I in that locker room, I'm siding with Rodgers. I don't like the guy but I place the blame for this shit show on management.
Explain again what management did

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What else is he supposed to do during training camp?
Because you know, he is there every day. I wonder if he renewed any other country club memberships other than that one?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Why are they being so stubborn about trading him? They'll get a haul
Kinda hard to give away your team knowing the guy you get is going start complaining the minute he steals into your locker if it isn’t the way he wants it …..his way or the Highway.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I think the issue is what management didn't do. I think most organizations are involving their franchise qbs at least somewhat in decision making. They may not have final say, but they have input and are aware of decisions before they are made. The issue isn't so much drafting love, although it was stupid, but not even mentioning the possibility to Rodgers. Also things like releasing Janus days after Rodgers discussed how much he likes him and not keeping Nelson. It has likely been an accumulation of disrespect over the years.

Hell Watson is doing the same thing for the same reasons in Houston and he has much less of a reputation built to demand that much say in decisions.

I think professional sports organizations need to be cognizant of this and at least try to have their superstars feel involved and respected.

Even since this has all been going on Murphy continues to handle the Rodgers situation poorly

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Kinda hard to give away your team knowing the guy you get is going start complaining the minute he steals into your locker if it isn’t the way he wants it …..his way or the Highway.
You realistically believe there aren't multiple teams that would give up a huge haul right now?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You realistically believe there aren't multiple teams that would give up a huge haul right now?
I don’t think there are as many as you would believe. I’m sure there are teams that would trade for him at a price to their liking rather than just give away everything but those teams would not be teams that Rodgers would be happy at anyways. If they don’t have a better roster than the one he is currently on….one that went 13-3 the last 2 seasons why would Rodgers be happy there? What team or teams do you think would fit Rodgers picture of a better roster than the one he is currently a member of?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I don’t think there are as many as you would believe. I’m sure there are teams that would trade for him at a price to their liking rather than just give away everything but those teams would not be teams that Rodgers would be happy at anyways. If they don’t have a better roster than the one he is currently on….one that went 13-3 the last 2 seasons why would Rodgers be happy there? What team or teams do you think would fit Rodgers picture of a better roster than the one he is currently a member of?
I think Denver wants him and I think he wants to go there

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think the issue is what management didn't do. I think most organizations are involving their franchise qbs at least somewhat in decision making. They may not have final say, but they have input and are aware of decisions before they are made. The issue isn't so much drafting love, although it was stupid, but not even mentioning the possibility to Rodgers. Also things like releasing Janus days after Rodgers discussed how much he likes him and not keeping Nelson. It has likely been an accumulation of disrespect over the years.

Hell Watson is doing the same thing for the same reasons in Houston and he has much less of a reputation built to demand that much say in decisions.

I think professional sports organizations need to be cognizant of this and at least try to have their superstars feel involved and respected.

Even since this has all been going on Murphy continues to handle the Rodgers situation poorly
So what do you think would have been different if they told Rodgers they were drafting a quarterback in the first round? Would he had started this pouting sooner or would he have been kool with it? I think there were some different circumstances in Houston with Watson.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think Denver wants him and I think he wants to go there
But is Denver’s offense as it stands now, minus the qb of course, better than what Rodgers has in GB? If it’s really just that they didn’t tell him about a draft pick, I think that he is in the wrong to do what he is doing. He could of had a closed door meeting with the front office and cleared the air 2 years ago.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Just ONE article I found after a quick search:

Simply put, Gutekunst blew the 2020 NFL draft for the Packers. This isn’t a case of hindsight. He was ripped by many after his first-round pick. Then he did it again with the second-round pick. If the Packers were rebuilding, Gutekunst may have had the right idea. They, however, were one game removed from the Super Bowl, yet the GM elected to build for 2024.

Drafting Jordan Love in the first round was foolish. Trading up to snag him was ludicrous. Even then, it wasn’t about Rodgers. It was about the Packers. In Round 2, the Packers selected running back A.J. Dillon. No knock on Dillon, but Green Bay already had the multi-talented Aaron Jones. Had it been a given Jones would be gone after the 2020 season, there might be a reason to take a running back that high. Gutekunst re-signed Jones in the offseason.

The first two picks were wasted on players who weren’t likely to see the field. Had they drafted a cornerback who could provide immediate help, maybe Kevin King doesn’t get burned for a touchdown right before the half of the NFC title game. Maybe if they drafted a wide receiver, they might’ve capitalized on just one of the three Tom Brady interceptions in the second half of that game with a touchdown.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Any team that Rodgers goes to becomes an instant Super Bowl contender. He’s that good. Yes, I believe there are teams that would give up a haul.
I think there are a couple teams that would not be contenders, Jets and Jaguars, this season. Of course there are teams that would give up a haul for him, no one has said there isn’t?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
But is Denver’s offense as it stands now, minus the qb of course, better than what Rodgers has in GB? If it’s really just that they didn’t tell him about a draft pick, I think that he is in the wrong to do what he is doing. He could of had a closed door meeting with the front office and cleared the air 2 years ago.
Denvers offense is probably on par with GB's. They are better overall at WR. They have a really good TE. A good RB. OL is okay. RT is a question mark, but I believe RT is a ? in GB too. Denvers defense is also better.

Also you keep referencing the love pick, but I mentioned it was likely a cumulative issue that built up over years of ignoring his opinions on personnel

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Just ONE article I found after a quick search:

Simply put, Gutekunst blew the 2020 NFL draft for the Packers. This isn’t a case of hindsight. He was ripped by many after his first-round pick. Then he did it again with the second-round pick. If the Packers were rebuilding, Gutekunst may have had the right idea. They, however, were one game removed from the Super Bowl, yet the GM elected to build for 2024.

Drafting Jordan Love in the first round was foolish. Trading up to snag him was ludicrous. Even then, it wasn’t about Rodgers. It was about the Packers. In Round 2, the Packers selected running back A.J. Dillon. No knock on Dillon, but Green Bay already had the multi-talented Aaron Jones. Had it been a given Jones would be gone after the 2020 season, there might be a reason to take a running back that high. Gutekunst re-signed Jones in the offseason.

The first two picks were wasted on players who weren’t likely to see the field. Had they drafted a cornerback who could provide immediate help, maybe Kevin King doesn’t get burned for a touchdown right before the half of the NFC title game. Maybe if they drafted a wide receiver, they might’ve capitalized on just one of the three Tom Brady interceptions in the second half of that game with a touchdown.
I think most people found drafting Love in the first rd was foolish. Trading up for him was extremely foolish. Assuming they would have drafted the right receiver is a tough sell. They had a pretty good receiving group and with Rodgers it makes them even better. That championship game ain’t lost just because they drafted Love and not a receiver.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Denvers offense is probably on par with GB's. They are better overall at WR. They have a really good TE. A good RB. OL is okay. RT is a question mark, but I believe RT is a ? in GB too. Denvers defense is also better.

Also you keep referencing the love pick, but I mentioned it was likely a cumulative issue that built up over years of ignoring his opinions on personnel
I’ll disagree with your assessment of their offense. Their defense was 25th and Green Bay’s was 13th in points and 21st and 9 in yards. I really don’t think it’s a bad thing to not tell your quarterback every move you are going to make. At least if there is a problem it could be handled better than he did…..in my opinion.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I’ll disagree with your assessment of their offense. Their defense was 25th and Green Bay’s was 13th in points and 21st and 9 in yards. I really don’t think it’s a bad thing to not tell your quarterback every move you are going to make. At least if there is a problem it could be handled better than he did…..in my opinion.
I dont think hes handled it well but I don't think the FO has either.

Denvers defensive rankings last year don't mean much. Von Miller was out all year. I believe Chubb missed a lot of the season as well. They overhauled the secondary and have a really impressive group back there now as well. They developed a couple nice DT's last year and this group if healthy has potential to be the best in football

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Packers don't want to move him now as anything they would get would be future draft picks, maybe a decent player or two. That doesn't help them this year....they think they are SB contenders and with Rodgers, they prpbably are.