Observations From the Couch 10/31

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Mike Dunleavy had a brain cramp tonight, sure Sebastian Telfair and others led the Clippers back against the Mavs, but you don't leave Baron Davis and Marcus Camby on the bench for almost the whole 4th quarter...senseless.

Saw the Pistons game against the Bucks...the key to the game was Jennings outplaying the Pistons backcourt in the second half and Warrick outplaying the Pistons frontcourt in the second half...

Pistons need a real point guard...

Houston has a lot of wing players better than Pargo...

Rockets are very well coached...Adelman may be able to convince Ariza that he is a franchise scorer...he got 33 points tonight.

Lakers will miss Ariza...he may turn out to be the bargain of this past summer's free agency acquisitions.

I still don't like the way Cleveland looks, they have to really grow into playing with Shaq.

Maybe the Bucks actually lost Charlie V. and upgraded with Warrick who is cheaper and brings more to the table.

I like the other Gordon's progress...Eric Gordon might be a pretty good player after all.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
After watching rest of teams in the East the 9-15 teams are horrible. Bobcats are one of the worst teams this decade. There barely be able to win 12 games. 76ers are really going to miss Miller. Knicks whole offense is let Ganillo and Harrington chuck while only Lee gets rebound. Nets are just bad as for the Pacers. Pistons no frontcourt and too many guys looking for their shoot. As for Bucks really good coached team, but lack talent. Jennings can put up some stud games though every so often

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Mike Dunleavy had a brain cramp tonight, sure Sebastian Telfair and others led the Clippers back against the Mavs, but you don't leave Baron Davis and Marcus Camby on the bench for almost the whole 4th quarter...senseless.

Saw the Pistons game against the Bucks...the key to the game was Jennings outplaying the Pistons backcourt in the second half and Warrick outplaying the Pistons frontcourt in the second half...

Pistons need a real point guard...

Houston has a lot of wing players better than Pargo...

Rockets are very well coached...Adelman may be able to convince Ariza that he is a franchise scorer...he got 33 points tonight.

Lakers will miss Ariza...he may turn out to be the bargain of this past summer's free agency acquisitions.

I still don't like the way Cleveland looks, they have to really grow into playing with Shaq.

Maybe the Bucks actually lost Charlie V. and upgraded with Warrick who is cheaper and brings more to the table.

I like the other Gordon's progress...Eric Gordon might be a pretty good player after all.
Stuckey was hot garbage in the second half. I don't watch the pistons much but I don't rmember him being this bad. Can't believe they got rid of billups to get him pt. Billups and Bg, there is a good back court.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Lee was -38 tonight, that's got to be close to some kind of record for a guy playing less than 24 minutes in a game that was close enough to go to overtime.

The East does look pretty bad after the top 3 teams, if we end up getting 41 wins again it might be good enough for 6th seed this year.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Rodney Stuckey was actually really good in the first half. Stuckey just needs to realize that Ben Gordon is a lot better than him, and to defer to Ben when the game is on the line.

Pistons just don't have much firepower outside of Ben, Stuckey, Rip, and a lil Prince. None of their big men can score, and that really hurts them.

Ben Gordon has been playing at an allstar level through three games though.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Charlie V has stunk so far, but last year he scored more points/36 than anyone else on the team, so I wouldn't write them off as having no scoring capable bigs just yet.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Gordon may have put himself in a quagmire with that team. They have players like Charlie V. who are so inept on one side of the court that it can handicap the team. Gordon has improved his fundamentals defensively, but the best guard on that team is on the bench hurt...that was their problem against Milwaukee.

You cannot expect too much from their frontcourt, we knew that going in...but their backcourt has no room for mistakes, its going to be a tight fit trying to get them to the playoffs. No room for error from the backcourt...

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
no ben gordon was on the floor. the best guard on the team was just fine. oh you mean rip hamilton? yeah . he's amazing.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
in what way is the current incarnation of rip hamilton better than ben gordon?

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
shooting guard isn't a position for older players. i'll take bg over old rip hamilton and an old ray allen any day

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Right now...I wouldn't...Today...I wouldn't

Ray Allen right now is better than Ben Gordon and so is Rip who plays better defense and is also a good scorer as Gordon is...neither of the three makes the Bulls "much better" by the way...

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
are you saying rip ray an ben are not better than john salmons at the 2? what's his shooting % again? oh you mean they arent shooting better than kirk hinrich? cause the bulls are playing amazingly offensively? right? that's what keeping them in games. it's their offense. we don't need a dependable offensive player right now.

in the playoffs, ben gordon raped ray allen. bg eventually got injured, but bg played rather well against ray. you know i havent watched rip hamilton recently, but i rember that series against the calvs last year. yeah rip was the man. he had some monsterous defensive games against that 6'3 guard from the calvs. Who was that back up player that outshone him last year? Aaron affallo? yeup. that happened to ben all the time. those back up players that out played ben all the time. yeah. ben was never the best player on the bulls last season. he also sucked during the 4th quarter.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
are you saying rip ray an ben are not better than john salmons at the 2? what's his shooting % again? oh you mean they arent shooting better than kirk hinrich? cause the bulls are playing amazingly offensively? right? that's what keeping them in games. it's their offense. we don't need a dependable offensive player right now.

????

in the playoffs, ben gordon raped ray allen. bg eventually got injured, but bg played rather well against ray. you know i havent watched rip hamilton recently, but i rember that series against the calvs last year. yeah rip was the man. he had some monsterous defensive games against that 6'3 guard from the calvs. Who was that back up player that outshone him last year? Aaron affallo? yeup. that happened to ben all the time. those back up players that out played ben all the time. yeah. ben was never the best player on the bulls last season. he also sucked during the 4th quarter.

????

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i kind of agree with you. ben gordon had his limitations. i agree with you, but to say right now we dont need ben gordon is insane. we need a shooter right now. we need a threat from behind the arch right now. we need a dependable offensive player. yes ben has his limtations defensively, but we do need some1 who can score. Derrick rose is a pg. he needs people around him who can make a shot. you dont want your pg shooting all the shots.

people who say derrick rose is our future forget that derrick needs some1 to pass to.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I will say it...we don't need Ben Gordon...perfectly sane. We need Salmons to play better...but I would rather have a true shooting guard personally. One that can score and defend his position. That is just me. I don't miss Ben Gordon. Any players that are pouting over that should be slapped...and then traded. Its time to move on...and no, none of them makes us much better. What does that mean anyway? If we had Ben this year we would be one of the best teams in the East? I don't think so...tell him to go beat the Bucks and OKC then holla back at me...

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

????

????
you said right now we dont need them. none of these players make our team significantly better.

are you saying we have a good 2 guard on our roster? maybe i misinterpreted you, but if those players dont make our team significantly better, doesnt that imply we have a comparable substitution.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
trading one player doesnt make us the best team in the east. that doesnt mean we wont be better.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The statement was "much better"...I asked what does that mean? If we had Ben Gordon we would be as good as Atlanta? Miami? they are better...but much better? We would be better than them easily and then what? I disagree with that.

Here is the point...if we had Ben Gordon we would be mediocre, which we are now...with the same goals we have now. We would not be contenders, not even fringe contenders. That is what matters...can we contend? The answer with or without those players and their big contracts is hell no!

So you wait, to get a REAL difference maker, who could change the future of your franchise. Losing BG is worth that risk and then some...

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i dont disagree. My point is that by your logic all moves that dont transform your team to a powerhouse are futile. We would be a better team with gordon. We'd be a better team with rip hamilton. We'd be better is my point. Both teams have contracts that would make our 2010 prospects rather dismal. (they arent too bright right now either. Is Salmons opting out? At the year 2 guard he isn't going to wow many GM's. he'll play well, but not well enough to get significant cash. why turn down guranteed money? )

if we got ben gordon, and got a decent pf, we would be be a good team. It doesnt have to be ben gordon either. if we got a decent shooter, and a pf, we'd be a good team.
if we traded luol deng we'd be a better team. i'm on the trade luol bandwagon. he is a good player, but he is a rashard lewis type player. In that i mean he's a player who will (book it ) NEVER EVER live up to his contract.