Observations From the Couch 10/31

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
The statement was "much better"...I asked what does that mean? If we had Ben Gordon we would be as good as Atlanta? Miami? they are better...but much better? We would be better than them easily and then what? I disagree with that.

Here is the point...if we had Ben Gordon we would be mediocre, which we are now...with the same goals we have now. We would not be contenders, not even fringe contenders. That is what matters...can we contend? The answer with or without those players and their big contracts is hell no!

So you wait, to get a REAL difference maker, who could change the future of your franchise. Losing BG is worth that risk and then some...

I think with just adding BG, we are right up there with Atlanta and Miami. I think we are better with the hustle Deng, TT, taj and Noah have shown to this point. If we just added BG to this roster I think we could finish better than miami and Atalanta.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think with just adding BG, we are right up there with Atlanta and Miami. I think we are better with the hustle Deng, TT, taj and Noah have shown to this point. If we just added BG to this roster I think we could finish better than miami and Atalanta.

you don't go over the lux tax to be better than atl or miami. You go over the lux tax to beat Lebron and Howard...

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
wouldn't be going over the luxury tax for JUST one season?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

you don't go over the lux tax to be better than atl or miami. You go over the lux tax to beat Lebron and Howard...

Why wouldn't you go over the LT to be a 4 seed. Miami did it this year. 6 out of the 8 playoff teams last year in the west are over it this year. The exceptions being Denver(dollars under it) and Portland, where all of their best players are still on rookie deals and they had cap space. In the east half the playoff teams spent to the LT that made up 4 out of the top 5 teams. There is a clear correlation between winning and spending.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
If they didn't go over for Gasol, they are not going over for Gordon. That is a no brainer. This stuff has already been addressed. I don't think we are better than Atl because we have Gordon, Atlanta has a nice team...

I think we have good enough players to win 44-45 games, what we would have done with Gordon, you don't go over the lux to be mediocre, that is bad business, I don't care what other teams are doing...

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
If they didn't go over for Gasol, they are not going over for Gordon. That is a no brainer. This stuff has already been addressed. I don't think we are better than Atl because we have Gordon, Atlanta has a nice team...

I think we have good enough players to win 44-45 games, what we would have done with Gordon, you don't go over the lux to be mediocre, that is bad business, I don't care what other teams are doing...

Why is it bad business? The bulls would still be top3 in profits with paying the LT for BG. Its not like they will be struggling for porfits. They just won't be leading the league in profits like they have been for the past 10 years.

Atlanta is a nice team but the bulls were on pace to win 50 games after the trade. Considering Atlanta didn't improve and we would be adding a healthy Deng, Salmons, JJ and Taj. We would be pretty close to that 50 win team. But we will see as the season unfolds, I don't think we will be a 45 win team. I think we will be a 38-40 win team on the bubble for the 8th seed.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i think i'd be down for rebuilding around noah and rose. i guess i'm abandoning hope for 2010.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Atlanta is a nice team but the bulls were on pace to win 50 games after the trade. Considering Atlanta didn't improve and we would be adding a healthy Deng, Salmons, JJ and Taj. We would be pretty close to that 50 win team. But we will see as the season unfolds, I don't think we will be a 45 win team. I think we will be a 38-40 win team on the bubble for the 8th seed.

Don't know if that makes much of a difference in the big picture...I am happy with things as they are. Believe me if they kept BG, who I am indifferent to, I would not be harping on his possibly leaving because we are 1-1 when many would have predicted (with or without BG) that we would be 0-2 at this time. I am happy...

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
yeup. didnt need a clutch performer tonight.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
you would be surprised at how many I ignore. This does not anger me, which is why I don't call people names or resort to foul behavior. Saying GET OVER IT is just fun for me, its true and its fun. I am sorry if I don't take these things as personal as you guys, I am passionate, but never personal in my arguments, unless pushed to that level. If I am right or wrong, the art of debate is a beautiful thing, and I have no problem with it.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
i think i'd be down for rebuilding around noah and rose. i guess i'm abandoning hope for 2010.

A little early don't ya think?

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

Don't know if that makes much of a difference in the big picture...I am happy with things as they are. Believe me if they kept BG, who I am indifferent to, I would not be harping on his possibly leaving because we are 1-1 when many would have predicted (with or without BG) that we would be 0-2 at this time. I am happy...

You're not indifferent to BG, just admit it, you don't like him. Most of us on here can see that. And how would BG not make this team better, if not just slightly better? A healthy Deng, Salmons & Miller all year, & the same team with an improved Rose. Noah, & Thomas would be better. I don't get how you can honestly say having a 20ppg clutch scorer on your team wouldn't be an improvement. I fail to see the logic in your arguments the majority of the time.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:

Sadly, I actually kinda agree with him. We'll get a FA, but I highly doubt its a Wade, LeBron, Amare, or Bosh. Hope everyone will be happy with a 30yr old Joe Johnson cuz that's who I see us getting.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I don't dislike BG, I just have proper perspective in my mind of him and everyone else on this team relative to the league they played in. I have stated many times before, I rooted for BG to hit every shot he took as a Bull. I never thought of him any different than I do now. I am not pissed about his leaving or any Bull leaving for that matter besides Rose. I have stated that consistently since day one...I have even given Gordon credit when warranted, like I have everyone else, just look at things the way I look at them...

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:

i think i might have misspoke. i'm not talking about how our season is going to end. we might do well. i simply meant that we might want to start thinking about building the traditional way, through the draft rather than free agency. Also i'm basing my conclusions speaking strictly in terms of the cap. it's never to early to speculate about the cap.

we've all assumed that salmons would want to opt out of his contract. giving us far more room for 2010.

everything has to go just perfectly. we either have to rid ourselves of hinrich, deng, or salmons. with so man teams in contention for expiring contracts, i dont see us moving one of them. Any really would we hand to trade either hinrich or deng for nothing? ?Unless salmons opts out, we're not going to have more than 5-6 million under the cap. If the nba cap is going to go down significantly, 7 million dollars doesnt sound like something too bad. I guess it all depends on the kinda of year salmons has. If he does well 16-20 ppg, we should opt out and rake in a decent contract. If he has a marginal season, he might want to wait a year.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Usually in the NBA though you build via trade and free agency. Its unlike an NFL and MLB where theres alot of talent in tons of rounds. You only get one guy who can contribute from the draft class and unless its rich draft class its usually rare that anyone outside top 10 will be franchise player in the league

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
mlewinth wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:

Sadly, I actually kinda agree with him. We'll get a FA, but I highly doubt its a Wade, LeBron, Amare, or Bosh. Hope everyone will be happy with a 30yr old Joe Johnson cuz that's who I see us getting.

I kinda agree too, if you are going to dump BG who was our best player last year, why include high cost role players like kirk and Deng. I'd definitely be game for building around Rose and Noah. Keeping Deng to me is about complete indecision and financial reasons. Its an excuse to be medicore. It screams we will lose Salmons and replace him for JJ and be forever financially strapped as a first or second round loser.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:
mlewinth wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:

I kinda agree too, if you are going to dump BG who was our best player last year, why include high cost role players like kirk and Deng. I'd definitely be game for building around Rose and Noah. Keeping Deng to me is about complete indecision and financial reasons. Its an excuse to be medicore. It screams we will lose Salmons and replace him for JJ and be forever financially strapped as a first or second round loser.

Rebuilding around Rose/Noah is going to really suck if BG ends up being the best player out of the three (which is a very real possibility. I think undoubtedly he'll end up having a better career than Noah, and Rose hasn't shown me much to believe that he'll be better than BG).

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:
mlewinth wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:

Rebuilding around Rose/Noah is going to really suck if BG ends up being the best player out of the three (which is a very real possibility. I think undoubtedly he'll end up having a better career than Noah, and Rose hasn't shown me much to believe that he'll be better than BG).
Rose will be better than BG...mark my words.