**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
There's only 1 Tyreke Hill, but you can see some of the same level speed from Hyatt. I have wondered about his route running, but I think it's better than I gave him credit for. He's going to need to prove he can manipulate defender's leverage in his routes. Tyreke excels at getting defenders on their heels or threatening their inside/outside leverage and then breaking off of that without losing speed. I've seen some of that from Hyatt, but obviously, most of the DBs he does it against aren't going to be NFL DBs.

The issue I have with the Bears taking him is that he probably isn't going to be able to be a huge factor in Year 1. I can see a 1-dimensional deep/screen threat. But I don't know if he gives the Bears the production they need right now. And if the Bears pick another Tennessee WR who doesn't provide much as a rookie, Bears fans will be unsufferable.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Avoid players who shoot up the draft board late. That's how you get Shea Mclalalialaaaln nan
Every year there are plenty of late risers. Some work out and some don’t. It doesn’t mean the prospect will bust or boom.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
There's only 1 Tyreke Hill, but you can see some of the same level speed from Hyatt. I have wondered about his route running, but I think it's better than I gave him credit for. He's going to need to prove he can manipulate defender's leverage in his routes. Tyreke excels at getting defenders on their heels or threatening their inside/outside leverage and then breaking off of that without losing speed. I've seen some of that from Hyatt, but obviously, most of the DBs he does it against aren't going to be NFL DBs.

The issue I have with the Bears taking him is that he probably isn't going to be able to be a huge factor in Year 1. I can see a 1-dimensional deep/screen threat. But I don't know if he gives the Bears the production they need right now. And if the Bears pick another Tennessee WR who doesn't provide much as a rookie, Bears fans will be unsufferable.
This is why I prefer another Tennessee WR named Cedric Tillman. He’s a guy that can come in and be a significant year 1 contributor.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Bears fans are insufferable

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has anyone checked the Vikings board? Just wondering if anyone is home or if they are all in jail after drunkenly battering their spouses, as is Minnesota tradition after a playoff loss.

Edit: actually they sound fairly sane! Here is a choice sample:

"We're all hating life right now. But we're going to hate it even more if the Bears and their tanking strategy has them on the road to being a consistently good team ends up being the right one. I'm an optimist when it comes to the Vikings. I thought, "OK, give KOC a chance and see what he can do running it back with this roster." And for 13 weeks of the season, it looked amazing. But regular-season wins, while fun, aren't the end goal. Now we're looking at a dire cap situation and only one pick in the top 100 in this year's draft. Meanwhile the Bears have their guy at QB, they're picking first, and they have nearly $100 million in cap space. I hate the Bears with almost as much ferocity as I hate the Packers. But if I had to guess, I'd say their future looks brighter than ours."

Another Vikings board has a superbowl countdown clock and an "end of Cousins era" countdown clock on the main page.:) Feels good to be a Bears fan, finally.

Last edited: