**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I’m always a bit skeptical of USC WRs
Not sure why. The last few they've produced have been solid. Amon Ra St. Brown looks like a true stud. Michael Pittman is solid. Drake London had a promising rookie year with QB issues. Juju and Robert Woods are from USC as well, both have had good careers to this point.

Also, he's only been there 1 year. He won the Biletnikoff Award at Pitt.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Not sure why. The last few they've produced have been solid. Amon Ra St. Brown looks like a true stud. Michael Pittman is solid. Drake London had a promising rookie year with QB issues. Juju and Robert Woods are from USC as well, both have had good careers to this point.

Also, he's only been there 1 year. He won the Biletnikoff Award at Pitt.
Yeah not sure but they seem like solid players, nothing special, not really 1st rounders. Maybe i associate then USC QBs who use to be pretty overrated.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yeah not sure but they seem like solid players, nothing special, not really 1st rounders. Maybe i associate then USC QBs who use to be pretty overrated.
London was the only one that was a 1st round pick. Amon Ra looks pretty special though, he had 100 catches and nearly 1200 yards this year.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
There's only 1 Tyreke Hill, but you can see some of the same level speed from Hyatt. I have wondered about his route running, but I think it's better than I gave him credit for. He's going to need to prove he can manipulate defender's leverage in his routes. Tyreke excels at getting defenders on their heels or threatening their inside/outside leverage and then breaking off of that without losing speed. I've seen some of that from Hyatt, but obviously, most of the DBs he does it against aren't going to be NFL DBs.

The issue I have with the Bears taking him is that he probably isn't going to be able to be a huge factor in Year 1. I can see a 1-dimensional deep/screen threat. But I don't know if he gives the Bears the production they need right now. And if the Bears pick another Tennessee WR who doesn't provide much as a rookie, Bears fans will be unsufferable.
Few counterpoints:
Many of the DB's he has gone against in the SEC will be in the NFL.
Yr1 impact should never be a factor. If he is the best prospect you take him.
Insufferable CCS is like Thanos...inevitable.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Few counterpoints:
Many of the DB's he has gone against in the SEC will be in the NFL.
Yr1 impact should never be a factor. If he is the best prospect you take him.
Insufferable CCS is like Thanos...inevitable.
Agree completely on the last 2 points. And the SEC is great, but even teams like Bama and Georgia don't have the elite DB (especially safety) talent that they had the last few years.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He'll go in 1 but I'd look elsewhere as well.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good for us
I think it is but that’s because I think when it’s all said and done I think Stroud ends up going #1. Young is so small. Nate Tice on Haugh & Jahns said that Young will be the lightest QB drafted in the first round since Jim McMahon.

Stroud has plenty of size, athleticism, and and arm. The biggest knock I’ve heard on Stroud is he’s not great going off-script.

I could be way off here but it’s just a gut feeling. I kinda of see this draft like the Goff/Wentz/Mariotta draft, where there is no consensus top QB, so whoever ends up with the 1st pick will determine who goes there based on their preference.