**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since you want to go down memory lane... Sounds like Sewell knows he doesn't have what it takes to play the toughest position.

PENEI SEWELL
The Detroit Lions expected there would be growing pains for rookie offensive lineman Penei Sewell.
"I hold him to high standards, too," Lions head coach Dan Campbell said, following the Lions' loss to the Ravens. "I hold that whole group to high standards. So, I expect more. There's some things that got on the edge a little bit, but he'll be better for it."
Unfortunately, his performance against the Chicago Bears was not that much better.
In fact, it was worse.
Detroit's No. 7 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft was badly beaten by the Bears' Robert Quinn, resulting in a strip-sack inside the red zone.
On the afternoon, Sewell gave up a total of two sacks and seven pressures.
According to MLive, "It’s been rough, those inside moves are hammering him, and Sewell has plummeted out of the top 50 players at the position entirely according to PFF. In fact, he’s been worse than fill-in right tackle Matt Nelson."
While the timing of Taylor Decker's return is uncertain at this point, one thing has become clear: Sewell will be returning to play right tackle when the veteran does end up returning.
"I want him back. Whatever that looks like, and I think that’ll be him being on the left and me back on the right," Sewell told reporters last week. "And it’ll just make our line so much more better. He’s already a big name in this league. He’s already established himself, and I’ve got to do the same."
So Sewel got beat a few times by an elite Edge, whereas Jones got rag-dolled by a 6th round rookie

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This was your claim.

Sewel never got bull rushed like a ragdoll.

I just showed him getting bull rushed like a rag doll. Goalposts moving.

Sewell - 77 overall, 84.5 run blocking, 69.4 pass blocking. Top 10 draft pick

Jones - 75.4 overall, 79.4 run blocking, 70.5 pass blocking. 5th round rookie

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
This was your claim.

Sewel- RT (Because he’s a bitch and can’t play LT)
Jones - LT
Neither- FA RT

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Your QB got sacked more than any other QB in the league last year. That is an undeniable fact. Don't care what you say, protecting JF should have been priority #1, #2, and #3 heading into the offseason.

Spare me the arguments about overpaying etc etc. FA is about overpaying. Bears are making the same mistakes time and time and time again,
Yes and a lot of the sacks were not on Braxton Jones. Sam Mustipher anyone? Let's also remember that a good amount of sacks were on the scheme the first half of the year where they tried Fields as a pocket QB. And he himself was part of the problem holding onto the ball too long. Obviously he still has to improve on that.

They signed one interior OLine man already. And we still have the draft and the remainder of free agency. So let's stop with the narrative that they have to overpay with a guy that arguably was not a fit with the Bears scheme.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This was your claim.

One is a RT and doesn’t have to face the best edge rusher