**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
5'11" Poona Ford and 6'2" Ngakoue?

I could see Poles taking a look at Ngakoue as his production warrants deviating from the prototype, but Poles has been pretty disciplined in his mandate for speed, length, and value, much to CCS's chagrin.

Not sure how many times this has to happen before CCS stops chasing the shiny object.

View attachment 27392
Two sides to this…..Very short memories in the NFL (not for long league). We have seen the spend and short term improvement Bears over the last few decades…never lasts very long and our drafting and development has been SHIT..not sure anyone can deny this though on ccs you never know.

Would like some sustained success rather than 1 year blip after overspending on FA. Would like continuity with coaches and development and retention of our own players.

Poles’ record thus far in the draft and in fa has been mixed, but he deserves a chance to implement his strategy. No one here knows the values the front office has placed on players, no one knows what their evaluation of these players are, and no here really knows how interested or uninterested they have been in the players they’ve been tied to. Maybe FA has gone perfectly for Poles, but more than likely it’s been mixed with him getting some targets and missing on others.

As Bear fans we have been subjected to 3/5 year cycles of mostly crap. Poles and co. better get this shit right. Lol

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
This was your claim.

I just showed him getting bull rushed like a rag doll. Goalposts moving.

Sewell - 77 overall, 84.5 run blocking, 69.4 pass blocking. Top 10 draft pick

Jones - 75.4 overall, 79.4 run blocking, 70.5 pass blocking. 5th round rookie
wow embarrassiiiingg

I tell you what, @nc0gnet0 can take a humiliating beating as well as Chris Rock can take a slap in the face in front of the world to see, it's impressive.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yeah he had a FG blocked against the Pack which was not his fault and he missed a 56 yarder against the Falcons. That is it.

Not sure what you mean by you miss Gould and Butler as neither had a FG% as high as Santos' 91.3% last year or his 93.8% in 2020 while with the Bears. Even his 86.3% in 2021 exceeds every year of Butler's career. Butler was actually all that great a kicker as his career FG% is 73.4%

Have no problem with competition for him.

In terms of overall performance i.e. Scoring as a kicker Gould &Butler were better than Santos.
Yes.....We can agree on competition for Santos. I'll close it out there.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
spend a late pick on Moody, would love to have Gould back, but not sure he wants to come back

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In terms of overall performance i.e. Scoring as a kicker Gould &Butler were better than Santos.
Yes.....We can agree on competition for Santos. I'll close it out there.
The kicker is not the reason they're in position to score in the first place though

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From Week 5 onward, Billings is the 12th-highest graded DT in the NFL at 80.8. His run defense grade sits at 10th-highest among defensive tackles who have logged at least 100 snaps in this timeframe, while his pass rushing mark ranks 18th-highest under the same stipulation.

Via PFF’s “true” pass rushing, a formula used to more accurately judge consistencies in pass rushing by tossing out plays such as screens and three-man rushes, Billings’ 90.4 grade ranks fourth among defensive tackles between Weeks 5-12.

The 311lb defender also has the second-highest win rate vs. blockers at his position during this time frame (min. 10 pass-rushing snaps), beating his opposition 31.0% of the time.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Im not super high on braxton, but he showed more than any rookie tackle in the NFL last year as a 5th round rookie.

He's in the first round in pretty much every expert re-draft.

His main issue is anchor strength, which is easily fixable. His feet and hands according to people who actually played in the NFL are very good.

Penis Sewage came from Oregon, which has a very good strength training program. Braxton came from Utah State, which I didn't even know had a football program.

Also, nc0gneto, you started this all by making fun of braxton jones for not being able to handle a bullrush. We all know thats his weakness.

Also, nc0gnet0, you can't blame justin fields for sucking and taking sacks and holding onto the ball then saying that Braxton would give up more sacks if it weren't for fields.

It sounds like you are just being defensive about a 5th round rookie potentially outperforming a top 10 pick.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Im not super high on braxton, but he showed more than any rookie tackle in the NFL last year as a 5th round rookie.

He's in the first round in pretty much every expert re-draft.

His main issue is anchor strength, which is easily fixable. His feet and hands according to people who actually played in the NFL are very good.

Penis Sewage came from Oregon, which has a very good strength training program. Braxton came from Utah State, which I didn't even know had a football program.

Also, nc0gneto, you started this all by making fun of braxton jones for not being able to handle a bullrush. We all know thats his weakness.

Also, nc0gnet0, you can't blame justin fields for sucking and taking sacks and holding onto the ball then saying that Braxton would give up more sacks if it weren't for fields.

It sounds like you are just being defensive about a 5th round rookie potentially outperforming a top 10 pick.
Jones came from Southern Utah. Utah St has a decent D1 program. Southern Utah isn't even D1.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
IIRC Billings got hurt before the draft and dropped but was considered an R2 pick by alot of people. Not sure what happened to him, I think it was injuries.