**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They did the same with pace. “He drafts so many late round gems” “it’s totally normal and all teams have jacked cap he’s doing the right thing” every excuse in the book. It’s ok to call out the bad with the good
Nothing really matters unless you can consistently hit on first/second rounders. Pace never really did besides Roquan and his positional value was not enough to really impact a team. I think it's too early to judge Poles. He's playing the long game because he has time and already has a QB. One thing I do think Poles understands is positional value in the draft (or so he says). He's not taking an off the ball LB top 10. Or a RB - sorry Bijan fans. This is why I think he didn't end up signing a tackle and DL help in FA - feels like there is better value in the draft for those positions and my assumption is he takes them early. We'll see what happens.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
So I put on my dumpster diving outfit looking for some pre-draft RT help and came up with:

Billy Turner

Had 43 starts in Green Bay from 2019-2021 at RG and RT. So he knows Getsy and the system. Spent last year in Denver.
I think a couple DEs that still make sense are Dawuane Smoot and Khaseen Green. Smoot in particular is a pretty good player. I'd also like to see them grab a CB. There's still good CB's available

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
49ers traded 3 firsts to move up and not take their guy ?
This level of disastrous move would doom a normal franchise, but the 49ers were rolling until Mr. Irrelevant got hurt, and now they raked in seven compensatory draft picks this year. They're operating at another level.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Stein is an Angelo guy, right? Is that Craig Cabriel is always praising him?

Cliff Stein is obviously an invaluable piece of the FO, but let's not pretend he's the one grinding the tape.
Actually he was kind of pushed to the side into a different role when Ryan Pace arrived. That was part of Pace's misstep.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So I put on my dumpster diving outfit looking for some pre-draft RT help and came up with:

Billy Turner

Had 43 starts in Green Bay from 2019-2021 at RG and RT. So he knows Getsy and the system. Spent last year in Denver.
It’s looking more likely we move Jenkins over there

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Actually he was kind of pushed to the side into a different role when Ryan Pace arrived. That was part of Pace's misstep.
I remember that. Pace brought in Joey Lane?

I just can't remember when Stein came in. For all I remember, he could have come in with Emery.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
CCS shiny object crew's view of the world:

Chicago Bears walks into it's doctors office:
Doctor: Bears, you are in bad shape. You need kidney, liver, and heart replacement.

Bears: I've got the money doc, set me up.

Doctor: I've got a great kidney and liver available.

Bears: Here's the cash, hell maybe even a little extra for you doc.

Doctor: The heart may be a bit harder, I have one but it isn't a match, is from an obese smoker, and likely gets rejected and fails. Or you can wait, I am expecting a new shipment in about a month with some really young athletic hearts available.

Bears: I will take the slow heart that isn't a blood match, here is a lot of money, you make it work.

Doctor: That's not how this works Bears, more money doesn't make it match.

Bears: Huh? Sorry, I stopped listening. What do you have in the way of corneas?

Doctor: You don't need a corneal transpla... oh fuck it.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think a couple DEs that still make sense are Dawuane Smoot and Khaseen Green. Smoot in particular is a pretty good player. I'd also like to see them grab a CB. There's still good CB's available
Smoot unfortunately tore his Achilles toward the end of the season. Probably why he hasn't been signed.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
This level of disastrous move would doom a normal franchise, but the 49ers were rolling until Mr. Irrelevant got hurt, and now they raked in seven compensatory draft picks this year. They're operating at another level.
Well the only thing that team needs is a QB that is only marginally better than Jimmy G. Normal franchises arent usually in that position.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Really? Did you really say that NOBODY thinks he is the best. Check that. Please do.

He and Anderson are the consensus top 2, with many scouts stating it’s Bijan.

So, excuse me for calling out weak ass group think that would rather have the second or third best of something and claim value when they could have the elite best of a thing.
If Poles think Bijan is the best player in the draft and is there at 9, he will take him. I agree with you there.

But I would be surprised if he thought he was a better overall player than Wilson or Murphy for example. Or even Paris Johnson. Robinson didn't blow me away at the combine to warrant a top 10 pick. I am just being honest with you.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
First off lets all acknowledge that you just replied to me and that I'm not on ignore(never was).

There is no way it's supposed to be done. If GMs draft well and hires good coaches then everything falls into place. To act like this guy is doing things the right way because he's not giving a lot of money to premium position players is just you trying to rationalize it all and convince yourself to feel like the Bears finally got it right.

Bears fans are so shell shook from Ryan Pace that they think a GM cant overspend on a player. Wait until people realize every GM does it. Better yet, wait until everyone realizes Poles already did with Edmunds(money) and Claypool(draft pick). They would have been much better off overpaying for lineman than a LB. I think a lot of people here know it and wont admit it. You want to talk about the floor of a team? Starting level lineman get you there, not LBs.

It's always the same cycle with Bears fans. Loves everything the new GM says and does and conveniently forgets that its a lot of the same shit the guy before him said and did. Every move is right. Every non-move is right. You want to optimistic and regurgitate what DBB tells you, fine, its a free country but please don't act like Poles is of GM Mandalore and there's "a way". Sorry but when you badly need OL and DL and you give 50M to a LB, you have not played an off-season to perfection.

I mean, first off, if I need to post recepits, that's fine:

1679060082296.png

1679060062868.png

It's not hard to see what's being ignored if I have an interest in seeing it. But its at my discretion, and a refresh cleans it all up. Forum tools are a beautiful thing.

That out of the way, when I did that, I saw you actually just talking football and had a solid point too. I'm not the grudge-holding type, so responding to you was me agreeing you had a solid point (and still do, based on the response).

One caveat though - while you rightly point out they overspent on Edmunds and Claypool, they are also in a position to do it right now. I think people need to understand that smart GMs know when they can take that risk and when not to. And even Edmunds is on a front-loaded, team-friendly deal if I am not mistaken.

But you are correct - there is no reinventing of the wheel here. It's literally the same gameplan Ryan Pace had when he got here - I think what has people shocked thus far is the superior execution of it to this point.

Of course, none of it matters if Poles can't land the talent in the draft....