**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Tulane RB Spears is that guy. Ton of prospects but this guy has moves and some very good speed. One of my favorites.
Ultra productive one cut Tulane RB that runs high and wears #22. Just draft him already.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Most people (outside of the CCS bubble) understand that Roquan Smith is a better player than Edmunds. So it's doubtful that the linbacker group is that much better.
The O line was terrible. It remains to be seen what will happen in the draft. Hopefully an OT with #9 and a promising interior lineman/center with one of the low picks in the second round. If that happens, there will be good reason for optimism re the O line--although the new players will have to show up and perform. It would be nice to see Fields not have to run for his life on every play.

So it's too early to say Poles is a failure or success. His ability to evaluate talent in the draft will be key. At this point it's an unknown.

Except we signed Edmunds and Edwards so the LB core is better as Edmunds and Edwards are better than Quan and Morrow collectively.

Not to mention it is really Edmunds, a 2nd and a 5th vs Quan as we got draft comp for Quan.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Why would a scout who got fired by the bears tweet an opinion publicly about someone he himself admitted he didn’t scout, hmmmmm?

There’s a difference between a forum post and a fired bears scout’s public tweet.

Get bent, Greg
Since you didn't know, Greg Gabriel loves the Bills (his home team), the Giants and the Bears (he was a scout for both).

He is personally interested in what these three teams do.

As a fan of the Bears, once he heard the Bears got Foreman, he watched some tape of him to see what he saw of him, as a scout. That is scouting. Perhaps, not hours and hours as a scout would do if he were being paid to do it, but enough to give a somewhat informed opinion of him.

I don't see why you are so hot and bothered with Gabriel. If he shat on you on twitter, I am sorry, he can be an ass on twitter when anyone questions him.

As for what he said about Foreman, good runner and meh as a receiver is not some damning comment that has not been mentioned before.

I will wish you a happy Friday and advice you to just pass the Greg Gabriel tweets if he angers you so. He is not worth it.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Has to be an edge rusher in my opinion. Myles Murphy and Tyree Wilson seem to fit what the Bears want. You don't need to spend a top 10 pick to get a right tackle. Unless Carter falls and the Bears think he's worth the risk. But it seems like he's got a lot of question marks. The biggest need is without question DE.
Do you think the current DEs have any hope or do the Bears need to draft 2 DEs, minimum?

Will 2023 be like 2022 with a ton of late round defensive linemen drafted, instead of offensive linemen?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Reading people talking themselves out of free agency is just hilarious. Orlando Brown Jr should be a Bear, fuck the “scheme”. That contract makes me sick. He was the best tackle available and that is what Fields needs, real oline talent.

No other non move really upsets me, and Poles has made some good value signings. Would I have liked to see one of those centers and a DT yes but they aren’t anything to care about long term.
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2f3i7zenReaUuI0%2fgiphy.gif
tenor.gif

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if Carter falls to 64 or 61 do you guys want him or do you steer clear?

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone want Carter at 61 or 64 or is he just a a leper now

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Ideally your OL should play as if it is a single player. Strength in numbers will always be better than individual ability. This is why scheme fit is stressed so much by Poles. The Spartan phalanx is a perfect example of this strategy. Orlando Brown is basically the hunchback dude in the movie 300.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If football were one on one, I would take adetomiwa adebawore over Robinson.

He is bigger (6'2" to 6'), heavier (280 to 220) but a tick slower (4.46 to 4.49) and would eventually injure Robinson as Robinson tried to tackle him.

The thing is (and the point) that football is not a one-on-one sport. It takes teamwork and the 3rd or 4th defensive lineman might be an extremely good player if that year's draft is strong at the top for defensive linemen, the top 3 LTs in this are legitimate 1st rounders and an injury to a RB can end his career, no, the exceptional part of his career, and it has a much better chance of happening if some weak link OT lets a defender through and the defender destroys the special part of the runner, his legs (achilles, MCL, ACL and other Ls).

Now, Poles has just shown that exceptional talent at a less valuable position is still valuable and he is willing to get that exceptional player.

So there is hope for him drafting Robinson, if he sees him like you do.
Dude, it’s football. Injuries are part of the game. I hope we get Adebewore in the 2nd. It may happen, though is increasingly unlikely, but not with 9.

BPA at 9 is Bijan. The issue is positional value vs BPA.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So if Carter falls to 64 or 61 do you guys want him or do you steer clear?
There is a point when it is worth the risk.

If Carter is drafted at 9 and fails miserably, it is really bad. If he fails at 64, it is bad, but no so bad and worth the risk.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Dude, it’s football. Injuries are part of the game. I hope we get Adebewore in the 2nd. It may happen, though is increasingly unlikely, but not with 9.

BPA at 9 is Bijan. The issue is positional value vs BPA.
I was just using Adebewore as an example of one-on-one, not that I want to draft him at 9.

Like I said before, I would not go kicking and screaming if the Bears drafted Robinson nor would I kick and scream if they didn't.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
People are trying so fucking hard to pretend like we're being introduced into next gen general managing.
They did the same with pace. “He drafts so many late round gems” “it’s totally normal and all teams have jacked cap he’s doing the right thing” every excuse in the book. It’s ok to call out the bad with the good