**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
And I’m talking about using the 3rd pick and some mid rounders to trade up to 2 to take Mitch.

Would’ve been better off staying at 3 and taking Adams. Not that I wanted Adams at 3. I wanted Mitch at 3 lol…. I was so wrong.
They were going offense that year regardless. They just picked the wrong QB

I think Adam was still taken a little high @6 that year. But they were smart enough to fool the Seahawks to trading for him after a few really good years. I guess it could be who retires first...Mitch or Adams...LOL

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
The risks with Carter too much at 9. Understand the appeal with bijan at 9, but it's too rich. I would rather have dline or ot. I think the reason why we haven't signed anyone for rt is because we are going to draft someone for it.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
All the pre-draft hype on Adams made me think he was going to be a 12 year leader on the backend.

I simply did not believe Pace would have drafted a QB in the first round. I actually mentioned drafting Nathan Peterman in the 2nd round.

So 2017 was an all around bad year for me.
I think that year, or basically any since 2006 Bears fans have missed Mike Brown. So I could see how a lot would be on that train.

I really was thinking he was getting a QB from the git-go. Just not Trubisky...when he started shooting up the draft boards...I was thinking...ooof.

I was liking Watson...prior to the creepiness factor

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Welcome to the unlucky club that gets dick pics from @run and shoot
giphy.gif

On the main theme. I haven't given up on Carter at 9 but a lot of things need to go right from him to make that happen. Maybe he could pow wow with Teven.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All the pre-draft hype on Adams made me think he was going to be a 12 year leader on the backend.

I simply did not believe Pace would have drafted a QB in the first round. I actually mentioned drafting Nathan Peterman in the 2nd round.

So 2017 was an all around bad year for me.
I think that caught us all by surprise. I was hoping to trade down to around 10 and grab one. I remember driving home when pick 2 came down and the trade was announced and you could see the question mark on my forehead. As it sunk in, I figured it was Mitch but...
I always take a wait and see and if Cleveland was planning to move and Mitch worked out, nobody would be blaming him now but what a waste.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I remember that. Pace brought in Joey Lane?

I just can't remember when Stein came in. For all I remember, he could have come in with Emery.
I don't know when, but I seem to remember Stein having all of his rookies signed before anyone else. That was WAY before Emery.

Edit: He has been working with the Bears since 2002.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think that year, or basically any since 2006 Bears fans have missed Mike Brown. So I could see how a lot would be on that train.

I really was thinking he was getting a QB from the git-go. Just not Trubisky...when he started shooting up the draft boards...I was thinking...ooof.

I was liking Watson...prior to the creepiness factor
I missed John tait allot more

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jets got 2 first round picks for adams. But pace would have given him a record contract cause he was an idiot
Seattle traded 2 1sts for a fucking SS that wasn’t a ballhawk. One of the worst common sense trades of all time.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The risks with Carter too much at 9. Understand the appeal with bijan at 9, but it's too rich. I would rather have dline or ot. I think the reason why we haven't signed anyone for rt is because we are going to draft someone for it.
Bijan to me would be like pounding an entire cake or jug of ice cream. Im going to enjoy it and be excited about it.. but deep down know this isnt the wisest decision or best for me. It sucks but yeah.. a lineman would be the smartest decision. sigh.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Insanity was hoping some moron would give one first for smith. Hey why can’t bears get that lucky once

Or a first for the most obvious outlier season in NFL history (Quinn)

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He traded for a very good receiver, He's signed a quality guard, two good defensive lineman and two very good linebackers. I'm not sure why you just dismiss linebacker(I guess it doesn't fit with your negative narrative?) but the Bears linebacker play was atrocious last year. Now it's a strength. Draft a stud edge rusher at 9 and suddenly your front seven is looking very good.

The o-line obviously had plenty of issues last year, but right now they have four solid o-lineman. Jones got better and better as the year went on. He has all the tools needed to be a good LT. They really just need a Right Tackle. I don't think things are as dire as you think. If that makes me crazy or stupid in your mind, so be it, but I would point out that what you seem to think is some kind of group denial is generally refered to as being a fan. If anything, you're the one insisting there is a " right way" because you have decided what Poles is doing isn't the right way. None of us will know until the games are played.
Its not a negative narrative, its a understanding how the modern NFL works and knowing how to better allocate resources narrative.
I mean, first off, if I need to post recepits, that's fine:

View attachment 27427

View attachment 27426

It's not hard to see what's being ignored if I have an interest in seeing it. But its at my discretion, and a refresh cleans it all up. Forum tools are a beautiful thing.

That out of the way, when I did that, I saw you actually just talking football and had a solid point too. I'm not the grudge-holding type, so responding to you was me agreeing you had a solid point (and still do, based on the response).

One caveat though - while you rightly point out they overspent on Edmunds and Claypool, they are also in a position to do it right now. I think people need to understand that smart GMs know when they can take that risk and when not to. And even Edmunds is on a front-loaded, team-friendly deal if I am not mistaken.

But you are correct - there is no reinventing of the wheel here. It's literally the same gameplan Ryan Pace had when he got here - I think what has people shocked thus far is the superior execution of it to this point.

Of course, none of it matters if Poles can't land the talent in the draft....
What is going on here isn't ignore, no matter how many times you add me to your list, take a screenshot and then unignore. This isn't effective ignoring.

The bold feels very selective. I don't understand how their situation all of a sudden called for trading for Claypool at the deadline or paying big money to LB right now. It was a major multi-year rebuild either way and he left a ton of value and flexibility on the table with that dumb trade. I think he had the capability to front load a OL and i dont want to hear anyone disagree after seeing months of people just assuming thats what would happen.

But we can agree that if he cant draft, none of it matters, that is obvious. I've just had issue with how he's prioritized building this team. It has come at the expense of his QB and with the big players off the board, i dont feel good about how much this OL can be improved through the draft considering i fully expect them to go big on DL.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
IMHO There is no way Carter is falling that far. I'd be surprised if he's out of the top ten, and absolutely shocked if he falls out of the first round altogether.
And I would still take him at #9 if he fell that far. Off his total college career, he is still the best defensive talent in this draft.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m sorry are you seriously saying a guy like Hargrave is a ‘lower rank’ player at a position of ‘perceived need’ lmao I can’t even with is. Wow.

No I am saying Hargrave was one of the few top players available but he went for 21m a year to a bona-fide SB contender. And I do not think we should have spent say 23m a year to outbid them as he almost certainly would want more money to play with us given he is 30 and likely chasing a ring. If he were 26 like Payne then I probably still make that deal but he likely only has a couple of productive years left if that and Bears aren't on the cusp of SB contention yet IMO.

Are you saying we absolutely should have spent 23m a year for him? If not then who exactly are you crying about that we missed out on that was actually exceptional. Give me actual names.

Last edited: