**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Its not a negative narrative, its a understanding how the modern NFL works and knowing how to better allocate resources narrative.

What is going on here isn't ignore, no matter how many times you add me to your list, take a screenshot and then unignore. This isn't effective ignoring.

The bold feels very selective. I don't understand how their situation all of a sudden called for trading for Claypool at the deadline or paying big money to LB right now. It was a major multi-year rebuild either way and he left a ton of value and flexibility on the table with that dumb trade. I think he had the capability to front load a OL and i dont want to hear anyone disagree after seeing months of people just assuming thats what would happen.

But we can agree that if he cant draft, none of it matters, that is obvious. I've just had issue with how he's prioritized building this team. It has come at the expense of his QB and with the big players off the board, i dont feel good about how much this OL can be improved through the draft considering i fully expect them to go big on DL.

Let's agree to disagree on the top part - that's just going to suck us back up into the same shit, and I'm here to talk football.

The rest, I get your perspective. Honestly I agree with a lot of it, and really want the Bears to land a tackle somewhere between FA, trade and the draft for me to really feel good about the offensive line, and I think with QB being the most important position in football, that the offensive line is the second most important, since you need to protect that investment, and none on the line more important than LT to protect your QB's blind side.

I think where I fall is that I think its too early for people to get histrionic over it, but I acknowledge the legitimate concern.

For the draft, I think they are targeting that kid from Northwestern to be their 3 tech, thinking that he will be an early to mid second rounder. My hope is that they trade down, add a pick in that range, and then pick up that tackle they really need in round 1, and that 3 tech in round 2. Then they likely go HAM on Edge rushers, also picking up a RB and a center somewhere in there as well.

Based on what Poles said, I think the interior is set unless it was a smoke screen - It's going to be a combo of Jenkins, the new guy they signed, and whomever wins in the battle between Whitehair and Patrick.

As far as the linebackers go, I think they made the move for 2 reasons - the first is he is still young and could end up being a core piece if he pans out, and 2, the Bears have to spend a cap minimum going into next season as well, which is why I think the contract was heavily front-loaded. They were so far under, they need to overspend a little to hit that minimum, especially since Poles doesn't want to lock into any long term, boat anchor contracts.

So, sure, it was high, but this is a bit of a weird year, so I am looking the other way on that one, otherwise, I'd agree with you.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who knows........................Poles/Flus may still have a plan for Leatherwood at RT.

Jenkins is doing great at guard but should Bears give up on him at RT?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again, injuries are part of the game. I would take a lot more than just two of those guys at 9. I do talk about Bijan as a potential great, because I see that he could be one. He mirrors Ladanian the most, like a hybrid of him and Faulk.

So, though I do see why people are all on board the positional value train, I also know the damage of a Fields, B. Robinson, Moore, Money, Tongyan, Kmet, and Claypool O would bring. I'd really like to see a set where DJ is on the outside, Bijan in the slot, Claypool or Mooney in the Tail, and the D have to figure out how to actually play that, much like the 49ers do with CMC. I know, should Bijan hit like I think he would, we win an easy 4 more games with him than without him.

Yeah it is fine if you wish to take the risk. I wouldn't and not only because of positional value. I don't view him as highly as you do as his college tape and production doesn't blow me away. I mean LDT had over 2k yards from scrimmage 2 years running when he was drafted.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jenkins is doing great at guard but should Bears give up on him at RT?

It depends. If they don't like his ability to go lateral, then yes.

I think Jenkin's value is that at guard he's like an alligator snapping turtle - a monsterous behemoth who once he latches on to you, he doesn't let go.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If he is doing great at RG why mess with a good thing?? Sometimes the simplest answers are the ones right in front of you.

If Bears see a future of Jenkins at RT then it'll give Bears a lot more freedom in the draft.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Was it Brown that started the Wildcat craze again?

Outside of Ware, Rodgers is the bonafide star. Smith finally caught on after being in the league 6-7 years. Pac Jones was good...when he wasn't in trouble with the law. Just a weird year.

LOL, yeah, the Dolphins with the duo of Ronnie Brown and Sticky Ricky Williams