**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think people assume JJ will be re-signed but he is not really a ball hawk so could see Poles moving him.
Idk about that. JJ seems to fit the model of a Cover-2 type CB.

Also this can’t just keep starting over at every position. The team needs to get ahead of the sticks with quality players, not keep losing them.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Also this can’t just keep starting over at every position. The team needs to get ahead of the sticks with quality players, not keep losing them.

They traded away Quan because he didnt cause enough turnovers. Johnson has 1 Int and 2 FF in 39 games

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

They had doubts with him in training camp similar to Jenkins. They just signed Jenkins replacement maybe they draft jj replacement

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your logic just gets dumber and dumber.

Is it truly your argument that multiple teams bidding on a player means they are good?

Seriously stop being stupid. Multiple teams bid on free agents that bust all the time.
Ryan Poles, picks up the phone, "Remy, what is your opionion of player X"?
Remy replies, "Well Ryan, his PFF scores say he is not any better than Larry Borom".
Ryan Poles: " So, stop the bidding at 15 mil a year"?
Remy: "sounds about right, BTW, did you know our O-line was actually not that bad last year"?
Ryan Poles: "But we had 45 sacks"?
Remy "PFF never lies".

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Remy replies, "Well Ryan, his PFF scores say he is not any better than Larry Borom".
Remy: "sounds about right, BTW, did you know our O-line was actually not that bad last year"?
Remy "PFF never lies".
68835DC5-8E76-40CD-89D0-17058C363177.png

I found this funny

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
They traded away Quan because he didnt cause enough turnovers. Johnson has 1 Int and 2 FF in 39 games
They offered RS huge money. They traded him because he wanted to reset the ILB market and is short and fat. They litteraly just signed a guy for $18M/yr to replace him that has 5 ints vs RS's 8 in the same # of seasons.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
I also think the Bears traded Quan because they weren't all that into him, and it was more than just on the field production

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy "PFF never lies".

What doest this have to do with the fact Free Agents bust all the time so your argument is stupid?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They offered RS huge money. They traded him because he wanted to reset the ILB market and is short and fat. They litteraly just signed a guy for $18M/yr to replace him that has 5 ints vs RS's 8 in the same # of seasons.

Poles and Flus made it clear they didnt value him at 20m a year because of ball production. More than likely they valued him similarly to the 18m they offered Edmunds because neither has great ball production but are otherwise good LBs.

Just as I am sure there is a price at which they wont mind bringing back JJ but that price is probably south of 15m a year whereas he may want more than that.

Given Jamel Dean got 13m a year, I would not offer more than that to sign an arguably lesser CB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You’re so full of shit sometimes. They just signed a FA LB to a huge deal with less turnovers than Roquan.

Go ahead and change your argument to something else like you do.

“We always base things on numbers and production, and we covet ball production in that position,” Eberflus said. “So that right there is a very important thing that the [weak-side] linebacker needs to do. We loved Roquan. We made him an offer, and they couldn’t find common ground.”

“Yeah, the length, the speed, the coverage ability in terms of just the space that he covers and Matt and his group think they can take him over the edge with some of the ball production," general manager Ryan Poles said Thursday at Halas Hall.

You guys are funny. Poles and Flus made this clear. They didnt want Quan at 20m a year because of his limited ball production. They are willing to take a chance on Edmunds because they are paying him less and because they think his length, coverage and speed are such that they can coach more ball production out of him. If Quan was willing to accept 18m then he is probably a Bear. He wanted more than that and Poles and Flus did not think his ball production warranted more.

They literally said this quite clearly so if anyone is full of shit, it is them not me. I am telling you what they actually said. SMH!

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So apparently you hold all the knowledge and are the true evaluator of skill and performance.

You clearly see that mcglinchey is not a good player and poles is fooled, like all other GM’s, by mcglinchey’s round 1 draft profile.

You are the arbitrator. You can discern the PFF stats better than Steve palazzolo himself. You are the qualified one.

You legitimately have a complex

You still panicking?

ffs man

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I also think the Bears traded Quan because they weren't all that into him, and it was more than just on the field production
Nah. They traded him because they could receive value in return, and spent less to replace him in the next FA period with someone who is also an exciting player at the top of his game.

There's no need to read emotion into the situation. The bears were trying to sell off value to get draft resources. Now they're pouring new foundation.