**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Some cricket fan in a Madras sweatshop watches two third place teams in a week fourteen game while also re-booking someone's American Airlines flight and people treat is as gospel. Even the way they grade players is fundamentally flawed, its on some bullshit per-play point system where Devin Hester's punt return against the Vikings can be cancelled out by two dropped passes in a zero leverage situation.
Sir this is a Wendy’s

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Some cricket fan in a Madras sweatshop watches two third place teams in a week fourteen game while also re-booking someone's American Airlines flight and people treat is as gospel. Even the way they grade players is fundamentally flawed, its on some bullshit per-play point system where Devin Hester's punt return against the Vikings can be cancelled out by two dropped passes in a zero leverage situation.

Better than listening to a dumbass alleged Bears fan who doesnt watch tape and watched the game while getting wasted in his mom's basement while chatting with his incell friends on 4chan about how much they hate women.

Come again?

He is crying that I trust PFF grades more than his dumbass opinions on players.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Better than listening to a dumbass alleged Bears fan who doesnt watch tape and watched the game while getting wasted in his mom's basement while chatting with his incell friends on 4chan about how much they hate women.

He is crying that I trust PFF grades more than his dumbass opinions on players.

HOLY CHIT!

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Come again?
He's saying he dont trust PFF grades because he assumes they farm out the grading to India. I dont htink thats accurate for PFF but it would explain a lot about ESPNs Pass block win rate stat if thats what ESPN decided to do.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
The only thing that makes me believe it could be true is that (having never been there) I imagine it's a pretty tight fit on that campus.
I suppose, but still…pretty unbelievable. They may start losing kids to JuCo schools-better facilities apparently.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
OK. Henry Melton. Played RB and DE in college and ended up at 3 tech in NFL.

I mean cmon. College guys get moved all the time. There’s tons of examples. You know this. AA screams 3 tech regardless of what he did in college.

Not saying take him at 9 or anything. Just pointing out guys with all time athleticism like that usually end up in round one somewhere.
See your point and that is why I am currently looking at Keeanu Benton. I know he is a hell of a NT, but i don't want to just pigeonhole him there. Benton seems to have a lot more quickness and athleticism than most are giving him credit for, but is it enough to play 3T in the pros.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I suppose, but still…pretty unbelievable. They may start losing kids to JuCo schools-better facilities apparently.
Yeah that’s not happening at USC. Who just might meet up with UGA in the CFP

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Again you are confused. I am not claiming any knowledge. I am simply relaying data that suggests they arent as good as you guys are hyping.

You said Palazzolo said to look at the PFF grade but then when I say McGlinchey's PFF grade isnt better than Borom's you then no longer want to look at PFF grades.

So which is it? How are you deciding when PFF grades are relevant and when they are not beyond judging based on what fits your narrative?
I’m asking for context.

Steve said to go by the grade yes, but he also added that when it comes to Orlando brown and the chiefs offense in general it should be considered that they pass a lot (some of the most attempts in the league). Just like how OBJ was not a candidate for this offense, scheme does indeed matter.

Scheme and play all selection needs to be considered when looking at the PFF scores. We can’t just cite scores mindlessly like you love to do.

The bears were literally unable to run a traditional pass offense for a plethora of reasons as mentioned before. This has to be considered when discussing Boroms PFF pass block grade.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“At one point, Poles thought he’d trade down to the second pick with Houston, then down again to the ninth pick with Carolina. The problem was that negotiations with the Texans were dragging—doubt crept in that it’d go where Poles wanted it to, and the Panthers were acting with urgency.

We will never know what the Texans might have done. What we do know is what the Panthers were willing to do. There’s really no point in discussing this further. Poles had a great offer ON THE FUCKING TABLE…. Not a possible one…. An actual one. I have zero issues with him doing the deal at hand. It was an absolutely great deal.

And DJ Moore is a #1 WR.

Everyone this is overlooking Moore is missing the crux of the trade

He is better than every other WR that can be had. He is young. He is on a reasonable deal.

Most importantly, he will contribute immediately, unlike an incoming rookie.

2025 is TWO seasons away. TWO seasons in which Moore will be playing.

It's fucking insane how ppl are overlooking the importance of adding a proven WR after watching this past season. Insane.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Everyone this is overlooking Moore is missing the crux of the trade

He is better than every other WR that can be had. He is young. He is on a reasonable deal.

Most importantly, he will contribute immediately, unlike an incoming rookie.

2025 is TWO seasons away. TWO seasons in which Moore will be playing.

It's fucking insane how ppl are overlooking the importance of adding a proven WR after watching this past season. Insane.
He had between 3 and 7 drops last season.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
HOLY CHIT!
He’s just mad he’s had more strong opinions than any human or super ai computer can count, yet he probably had the absolute fewest #calledit ‘s of anyone on this board. It’s shocking

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Yeah that’s not happening at USC. Who just might meet up with UGA in the CFP
Yeah, I was just joking. But still, high schools nowadays have stuff that can accommodate something as basic as a 40 dash.

USC UGA would be a good matchup, btw.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again you are confused. I am not claiming any knowledge. I am simply relaying data that suggests they arent as good as you guys are hyping.

You said Palazzolo said to look at the PFF grade but then when I say McGlinchey's PFF grade isnt better than Borom's you then no longer want to look at PFF grades.

So which is it? How are you deciding when PFF grades are relevant and when they are not beyond judging based on what fits your narrative?
Who does more research, you, or the teams that were bidding on McGlinchey?
So you are saying they would have paid Borom that much too?
No?
So much for PFF....................