**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wasn't Urlacher a great college player and a top 10 pick?

OK. Henry Melton. Played RB and DE in college and ended up at 3 tech in NFL.

I mean cmon. College guys get moved all the time. There’s tons of examples. You know this. AA screams 3 tech regardless of what he did in college.

Not saying take him at 9 or anything. Just pointing out guys with all time athleticism like that usually end up in round one somewhere.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

I mean cmon. College guys get moved all the time. There’s tons of examples. You know this. AA screams 3 tech regardless of what he did in college.

Not saying take him at 9 or anything. Just pointing out guys with all time athleticism like that usually end up in round one somewhere.
There are tons of elite athletes who don't go in round 1. Lots who don't go on day 2 either.

To me, combine athleticism can maybe move someone up a round at most depending on what you see on tape. This guy's tape is probably early day 3. jmo of course.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Melton started at DE, then moved him inside in year 2 for a few years. But I see what you're saying. If AA falls I could see the Bears taking him

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

I don't even dislike AA. I'm just saying there is safer and better players in round 1 and 2.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Hard pass on him anywhere in the 1st round. He's very boom or bust and being hyped partially because of incredible workout numbers.
He was a bit misused at DE at Northwestern from what I understand. Performed extremely well at DT when he played there. I’m far from a scout, but his tape at DT is impressive. He will easily go 1st round. He’s getting more hype because of his workout numbers, but it’s not like he had poor production…..couple of FF and 5 sacks each of the last 2 seasons. He projects very well at DT

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears fans meatballs, 49ers fans and jags fans experts. Lmao ?

Edit: are you also insinuating that poles somehow knows things yet other GM’s are mindlessly basing a players value off of his draft position rather than actual play? You have had some absolutely awful takes but this seriously might be the worst one yet!

No you are confused. I am saying all fans have a tendency to turn on certain of their team's players and then pine for players on other teams who arent actually much better. You can go to Chiefs sites and many are acting like Taylor is a significant upgrade to Brown.

And no Poles offered McGlinchey a contract for a decent chunk of money as well so he is not immune to this effect either. GMs fuck up all the time and occassionally they get things right. We dont know which bucket Poles will fall in for the most part as it is too early to presume the sky is falling.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
No you are confused. I am saying all fans have a tendency to turn on certain of their team's players and then pine for players on other teams who arent actually much better. You can go to Chiefs sites and many are acting like Taylor is a significant upgrade to Brown.

And no Poles offered McGlinchey a contract for a decent chunk of money as well so he is not immune to this effect either. GMs fuck up all the time and occassionally they get things right. We dont know which bucket Poles will fall in for the most part as it is too early to presume the sky is falling.
So apparently you hold all the knowledge and are the true evaluator of skill and performance.

You clearly see that mcglinchey is not a good player and poles is fooled, like all other GM’s, by mcglinchey’s round 1 draft profile.

You are the arbitrator. You can discern the PFF stats better than Steve palazzolo himself. You are the qualified one.

You legitimately have a complex

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He was a bit misused at DE at Northwestern from what I understand. Performed extremely well at DT when he played there. I’m far from a scout, but his tape at DT is impressive. He will easily go 1st round. He’s getting more hype because of his workout numbers, but it’s not like he had poor production…..couple of FF and 5 sacks each of the last 2 seasons. He projects very well at DT
He probably was. Fitz can only recruit so much.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So apparently you hold all the knowledge and are the true evaluator of skill and performance.

You clearly see that mcglinchey is not a good player and poles is fooled, like all other GM’s, by mcglinchey’s round 1 draft profile.

You are the arbitrator. You can discern the PFF stats better than Steve palazzolo himself. You are the qualified one.

You legitimately have a complex

Again you are confused. I am not claiming any knowledge. I am simply relaying data that suggests they arent as good as you guys are hyping.

You said Palazzolo said to look at the PFF grade but then when I say McGlinchey's PFF grade isnt better than Borom's you then no longer want to look at PFF grades.

So which is it? How are you deciding when PFF grades are relevant and when they are not beyond judging based on what fits your narrative?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Some cricket fan in a Madras sweatshop watches two third place teams in a week fourteen game while also re-booking someone's American Airlines flight and people treat is as gospel. Even the way they grade players is fundamentally flawed, its on some bullshit per-play point system where Devin Hester's punt return against the Vikings can be cancelled out by two dropped passes in a zero leverage situation.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Some cricket fan in a Madras sweatshop watches two third place teams in a week fourteen game while also re-booking someone's American Airlines flight and people treat is as gospel. Even the way they grade players is fundamentally flawed, its on some bullshit per-play point system where Devin Hester's punt return against the Vikings can be cancelled out by two dropped passes in a zero leverage situation.
Come again?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You’d think a school that pulls in millions could have an indoor facility that could accommodate a 40 run.
The only thing that makes me believe it could be true is that (having never been there) I imagine it's a pretty tight fit on that campus.