**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
kinda funny:

"Battista: Sounds like Rodgers was ready to retire until he heard Packers were shopping him"

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah, I was just joking. But still, high schools nowadays have stuff that can accommodate something as basic as a 40 dash.

USC UGA would be a good matchup, btw.
I can think of a high school in the south suburbs that sunk a ton of money into their athletic facilities that is probably on par with D3 schools.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Everyone this is overlooking Moore is missing the crux of the trade

He is better than every other WR that can be had. He is young. He is on a reasonable deal.

Most importantly, he will contribute immediately, unlike an incoming rookie.

2025 is TWO seasons away. TWO seasons in which Moore will be playing.

It's fucking insane how ppl are overlooking the importance of adding a proven WR after watching this past season. Insane.
Totally true.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m asking for context.

Steve said to go by the grade yes, but he also added that when it comes to Orlando brown and the chiefs offense in general it should be considered that they pass a lot (some of the most attempts in the league). Just like how OBJ was not a candidate for this offense, scheme does indeed matter.

Scheme and play all selection needs to be considered when looking at the PFF scores. We can’t just cite scores mindlessly like you love to do.

The bears were literally unable to run a traditional pass offense for a plethora of reasons as mentioned before. This has to be considered when discussing Boroms PFF pass block grade.

But again that has been taken into account when looking at pass block efficiency as that adjusts for the fact the Chiefs pass so much. The only allowance I made for Jones was that I looked at the last 10 weeks on the assumption that as a eookie he took some time to acclimate.

Ok but you are assuming a guy like McGlinchey was better. Borom's pass blocking in true pass sets was 57.6. McGlinchey's was 56.3. The reality is most guys grades fall in true pass sets and again McGlinchey is not a significantly better pass blocker than Borom.

Now if I actually watched a ton of All 22 then I would temper my reliance on PFF but I am not going to pretend that I watched 10 of McGlinchey's games on the All 22 so PFF is the best info I have.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who does more research, you, or the teams that were bidding on McGlinchey?
So you are saying they would have paid Borom that much too?
No?
So much for PFF....................

The Lions did a lot of research and still drafted Jeff Okudah. So not sure your point. We can both chery pick examples when NFL teams got it terribly wrong. So that is an incredibly faulty argument. Nice try though.

And again McGlinchey is a vastly superior run blocker to Borom so part of his comp is tied to his run blocking but we have no real evidence he has ever been an exceptional pass blocker. He has never had a pass block grade in true pass sets above 60.1 and for the most part grades in the 50s.

Last edited:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Did not consider this actually, but did figure CB could be in play since Poles said he wants to draft premium positions.

People talk about drafting BPA, but what they really mean is BPA at a position of need. CB definitely isn't the need that OL or DL is right now. But if there's a guy there you feel is head and shoulders above the other prospects and can be a true #1 corner, it's not like we couldn't use that type of guy on this team. I'd rather have a super stud corner over a decent defensive end.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Most people are aware that your takes are shitty.

The draft not being a focal point of every team's offseason is just another example. See the Chiefs are prime example of the importance of the draft. While having few picks
And that dipshit said the Chiefs are headed for a SB hangover this season. Ya know, that Chiefs team that’s been to five straight AFC Championship games, been to three SB’s and won two of them in the last five years and have the best QB and HC in the league. One of the stupidest things I’ve heard EVER on here, and that says a lot!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People talk about drafting BPA, but what they really mean is BPA at a position of need. CB definitely isn't the need that OL or DL is right now. But if there's a guy there you feel is head and shoulders above the other prospects and can be a true #1 corner, it's not like we couldn't use that type of guy on this team. I'd rather have a super stud corner over a decent defensive end.

I think people assume JJ will be re-signed but he is not really a ball hawk so could see Poles moving him.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Lions did a lot of research and still drafted Jeff Okudah. So not sure your point. We can both chery pick examples when NFL teams got it terribly wrong. So that is an incredibly faulty argument. Nice try though.

And again McGlinchey is a vastly superior run blocker to Borom so part of his comp is tied to his run blocking but we have no real evidence he has ever been an exceptional pass blocker. He has never had a pass block grade in true pass sets above 60.1 and for the most part grades in the 50s.
You're comparing a College draft prospect to an NFL pass prospect.....fail number 1
Okudah's lack of development are directly tied to his injures....fail number two (see Kevin white)
Multiple teams were bidding on McGlinchey, they all had scouting departments to do evals.......fail number 3
Boron is hot trash...................................fail number 4

My post stands, your rebutal was typical Remy weak sauce.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I can go up or down 5 pounds in a few days easily and I’m not a DT. The weight change is meaningless IMO. Its the not finishing drills when you know this is coming that bothers me.
That’s really not that big of a deal. My weight consistently fluctuates 6-7 lbs a week. When you are that big of a human, it isn’t noticeable.
no way Carter is doing yo-yo diet. You figure they'll make sure he's doing well so he'll get drafted high enough.

Its the not finishing drills when you know this is coming that bothers me.
this and the fact we all know his motor.

OT:
Food the root of all Evil.
Ever heard of red40? Kids be threatening their parents for kood-aid. No joke.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think people assume JJ will be re-signed but he is not really a ball hawk so could see Poles moving him.
Yeah, I feel like the Bears will take CB pretty high this year, maybe even at 9 if Gonzalez or Witherspoon is BPA. If not, I definitely see CB with one of the picks between 53-64. And I think unless Johnson has a big contract season this year, he's probably walking after '23. Not that he's bad, but he just seems like a guy that will value himself more highly than Poles will value him, especially without the ball production and with the occasional games like the Detroit game where he's committing penalties and got beat by no-name WRs and a TE down the stretch.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're comparing a College draft prospect to an NFL pass prospect.....fail number 1
Okudah's lack of development are directly tied to his injures....fail number two (see Kevin white)
Multiple teams were bidding on McGlinchey, they all had scouting departments to do evals.......fail number 3
Boron is hot trash...................................fail number 4

My post stands, your rebutal was typical Remy weak sauce.

Your logic just gets dumber and dumber.

Is it truly your argument that multiple teams bidding on a player means they are good?

Seriously stop being stupid. Multiple teams bid on free agents that bust all the time.