**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Simple. Track record and 1st round pedigree. Humans are still human and don't necessarily make decisions solely based on data. While McGlinchey has not been an uber impressive pass blocker, he has at times been a very good run blocker and has played in the outside zone his entire career. A career that has 5 years of performance compared to just 2 for Borom.

By contrast Borom is a comparable pass blocker but a poor run blocker at this stage. Hence why I made the comparison to Taylor. Whether Borom remains a swing T/G or develops into something more is dependent on whether he can improve on his pass blocking in a similar manner to Taylor. The point wasn't that Borom was worth what these guys are worth now. The point is you blindly fawn over guys whose pass blocking was at one point trashed by the fan bases of their teams.

To this day, Niners fans still shit on McGlinchey's pass blocking and many were happy to see him go. Early on in his career, Jags fans were worried Taylor looked like a bust. You just don't know any of this because you don't follow those teams. I don't use PFF because I think they are infallible. I use PFF because in the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king. PFF is clearly flawed but much better than relying on meatball Bears fans who haven't watched nearly enough All 22 of OL and DL to be making the grandiose claims they do about who we should sign. Or are you going to tell me you have watched enough All 22 of McGlinchey or Taylor and tracked their careers since they were rookies to make an informed decision?

So the problem here is you guys just mindlessly cite your own biased and woefully uninformed opinion to justify your position. If you actually showed real data or watched hundreds of hours of film on these guys and gave an informed opinion then I would happily consider it. But all this crying is really because Poles didn't sign someone you wanted him too. You can't really articulate why that person would be better but you just feel they are because that is what you want to believe in your heart of hearts. I at least know my own limitations in that I don't watch enough of these guys hence why I look to data to form an opinion until such time that I do watch enough of them to form an opinion independent of the data.
Bears fans meatballs, 49ers fans and jags fans experts. Lmao ?

Edit: are you also insinuating that poles somehow knows things yet other GM’s are mindlessly basing a players value off of his draft position rather than actual play? You have had some absolutely awful takes but this seriously might be the worst one yet!

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah dude, the defensive line has less talent than a good college team and the offensive line is barely better than that but calm down everyone. Ryan Poles is going to fix all of this with second and third wave free agents. Oh, and one top fifty draft pick.
Or he'll finish fixing it next offseason which i've been saying for many months now that it'll take at least 2 offseason to fix this roster and Poles even said it himself in his own words.

Reactions: chi

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Hard pass on him anywhere in the 1st round. He's very boom or bust and being hyped partially because of incredible workout numbers.
see I would love if Poles drafted him with any second rounder in his set, but the first round is too rich. You have to prioritize players that are more likely to have a fifth year option exercised.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
see I would love if Poles drafted him with any second rounder in his set, but the first round is too rich. You have to prioritize players that are more likely to have a fifth year option exercised.
I'm fine with him with any 2nd they currently hold. If they move up or gain an additional early 2nd there's other OL/DL I'd prefer. I think Keanu benton is a safer pick than him as well, that will almost certainly go after him at this point.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The obvious problem is our 1st round pick is too high to draft him at #9 and our 2nd rounders he probably won't make it to. Wonder what it would cost to trade up in the 2nd round to the early 40's or so. Obviously one of our 2nd rounder but would that 2nd rounder and a 4th do it or is that not enough?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Brian Burns and Moton are listed as the possible other two players Poles might have wanted.
Wouldn't have minded Burns either. Great fit. Really good hand fighter.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The obvious problem is our 1st round pick is too high to draft him at #9 and our 2nd rounders he probably won't make it to. Wonder what it would cost to trade up in the 2nd round to the early 40's or so. Obviously one of our 2nd rounder but would that 2nd rounder and a 4th do it or is that not enough?
It will take both our late 2 and 3. It's a bit of an overpay but our early 2 and 4 should only get you to the mid/late 40s. I could see one move like that in the area your pointing to for a specific target that falls but accumulating picks thereafter.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:

Never heard of the guy or I just don't remember the 2019 draft because we didn't pick until the 3rd round. Was shocked that he was the first OT taken (#11) but then I realized the vast majority of the OT's in that draft were meh. He looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy with a beard, is he any good?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Never heard of the guy or I just don't remember the 2019 draft because we didn't pick until the 3rd round. Was shocked that he was the first OT taken (#11) but then I realized the vast majority of the OT's in that draft were meh. He looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy with a beard, is he any good?

no

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No idea. I didn't write the article, just saw it, read it and posted it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No idea. I didn't write the article, just saw it, read it and posted it.

He was first in the league with 12 sacks given up.

There is a reason cinci was the only team that wanted to pay Orlando Brown Jr to play left tackle, because of this turd.