**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
When they announced the trade I was 100% sure it was going to be for Tunsil because he was the only one left on the board worth giving up that much to trade up to #9 overall to get. When then announced that the pick was Floyd, I just sat there in confusion and disbelief for a solid minute. Why wouldn't they have expected Floyd to be there at #11? Why bother trading up? That trade up didn't make any sense at the time and looks even dumber in retrospect.
To be fair that draft was pure ass after eighth overall. It wasn't the perfect pick, but man there's a ton of busts there between Jack Conklin at eighth and Chris Jones at thirty-seventh. Aside from Laremy Tunsil who better was taken in that range than Leonard Floyd? There's a couple guys you could argue have been about as good, but overall its garbage.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeahhhh so Moore is an obvious upgrade, hopefully fields develops …. This just leaves the OL. Hopefully jones develops, but they needed to add more than just Nate Davis imo.

Agreed hence why I said I doubt Davis is the only OL they add. We aren't even a full week since FA officially began. People need to just relax a bit and let things unfold.

Yeah but reif wasn’t good yet he was an upgrade to borom, that’s the exact concern I have.

I don’t expect pro bowl play out of RT but I despise the idea of going into a draft and NEEDING to come away with starters at specific position.

They really don't though. Whithair and Lucas can play guard or center. Jenkins and Borom can play tackle or guard. So even if they don't sign another vet which I think they will, they will have at least 3 options to start at T. Jenkins/Borom/Rookie. And before you shit on Borom, Jawaan Taylor who you wanted and just got over 20m a year started his career with 69 and 51.8 pass block grades and 96.3 and 95.2 pass block efficiency marks. Borom his first 2 years has pass block grades of 62.7 and 69.9 with 95.2 and 96.2 pass block efficiency marks. Does that mean he will improve like Taylor. Nope. But doesn't mean he won't. He will only be 24 at the end of this month.

So again people need to relax a bit and let things unfold. There will be competition at RT. And we need to allow for the possibility that Fields is the only young player on the roster with potential for growth. We are so ready to give guys on other teams who were allowed to develop over 3 or 4 years big money but don't want to allow our own young players the chance to do the same.

Last edited:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
To be fair that draft was pure ass after eighth overall. It wasn't the perfect pick, but man there's a ton of busts there between Jack Conklin at eighth and Chris Jones at thirty-seventh. Aside from Laremy Tunsil who better was taken in that range than Leonard Floyd? There's a couple guys you could argue have been about as good, but overall its garbage.
Tunsil dropped to 13 an I was sure the Bears would take the best OT in that draft. I was wrong.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
The bears could not pass the ball last year in a LARGE part because the O line could not block. Unfortunately getting DJ Moore doesn’t solve this problem.

Getting Nate Davis did not solve this problem either.
No but getting Nate Davis helps solve the problem.................Now if the Bears can get that damn RT.

I have seen Rob Havenstein in a possible trade with the Rams.

Last edited:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Agreed hence why I said I doubt Davis is the only OL they add. We aren't even a full week since FA officially began. People need to just relax a bit and let things unfold.
Yeah dude, the defensive line has less talent than a good college team and the offensive line is barely better than that but calm down everyone. Ryan Poles is going to fix all of this with second and third wave free agents. Oh, and one top fifty draft pick.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yeah dude, the defensive line has less talent than a good college team and the offensive line is barely better than that but calm down everyone. Ryan Poles is going to fix all of this with second and third wave free agents. Oh, and one top fifty draft pick.
We aren't even a week into free agency...let alone the draft

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No but getting Nate Davis helps solve the problem.................Now if the Bears can get that damn RT.

I have seen Rob Havenstein in a possible trade with the Rams.
Havenstein is just the Rams version of Larry Borom. 68.6 pass blocking vs 69.9 for Borom.

Don't recall saying he wil fix. I said let's actually wait to see the final result once FA and the draft are largely over. I am also saying most of the guys you guys are crying we didn't sign aren't actually significant upgrades. Just the same version of players we already have that yall imagine are pro bowlers because you didn't watch them do the same shit our players did. Like Havenstein above or crying over McGlinchey when he has a lower pass block grade than Borom but cost 17m more.

I know it is fun behaving like virgin in a whorehouse prematurely ejaculating everywhere but maybe chill on the roster masturbation for a bit. Your opinions aren't nearly as insightful or intelligent as you imagine them to be.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Havenstein is just the Rams version of Larry Borom. 68.6 pass blocking vs 69.9 for Borom.

Don't recall saying he wil fix. I said let's actually wait to see the final result once FA and the draft are largely over. I am also saying most of the guys you guys are crying we didn't sign aren't actually significant upgrades. Just the same version of players we already have that yall imagine are pro bowlers because you didn't watch them do the same shit our players did. Like Havenstein above or crying over McGlinchey when he has a lower pass block grade than Borom but cost 17m more.

I know it is fun behaving like virgin in a whorehouse prematurely ejaculating everywhere but maybe chill on the roster masturbation for a bit. Your opinions aren't nearly as insightful or intelligent as you imagine them to be.
You continue to cite PFF mindlessly without any context ?

Why did mcglinchey get the money he got? The bears were in on him, maybe not at 17 but maybe at 15? 13? We may not know the exact number but the bears were in. Borom will never get a contract like that. Ever.

Why does the league value this guy? Maybe, just maybe, he’s worth more than borom by a sizable amount, despite your contextless pff grades

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You continue to cite PFF mindlessly without any context ?

Why did mcglinchey get the money he got? The bears were in on him, maybe not at 17 but maybe at 15? 13? We may not know the exact number but the bears were in. Borom will never get a contract like that. Ever.

Why does the league value this guy? Maybe, just maybe, he’s worth more than borom by a sizable amount, despite your contextless pff grades

Simple. Track record and 1st round pedigree. Humans are still human and don't necessarily make decisions solely based on data. While McGlinchey has not been an uber impressive pass blocker, he has at times been a very good run blocker and has played in the outside zone his entire career. A career that has 5 years of performance compared to just 2 for Borom.

By contrast Borom is a comparable pass blocker but a poor run blocker at this stage. Hence why I made the comparison to Taylor. Whether Borom remains a swing T/G or develops into something more is dependent on whether he can improve on his pass blocking in a similar manner to Taylor. The point wasn't that Borom was worth what these guys are worth now. The point is you blindly fawn over guys whose pass blocking was at one point trashed by the fan bases of their teams.

To this day, Niners fans still shit on McGlinchey's pass blocking and many were happy to see him go. Early on in his career, Jags fans were worried Taylor looked like a bust. You just don't know any of this because you don't follow those teams. I don't use PFF because I think they are infallible. I use PFF because in the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king. PFF is clearly flawed but much better than relying on meatball Bears fans who haven't watched nearly enough All 22 of OL and DL to be making the grandiose claims they do about who we should sign. Or are you going to tell me you have watched enough All 22 of McGlinchey or Taylor and tracked their careers since they were rookies to make an informed decision?

So the problem here is you guys just mindlessly cite your own biased and woefully uninformed opinion to justify your position. If you actually showed real data or watched hundreds of hours of film on these guys and gave an informed opinion then I would happily consider it. But all this crying is really because Poles didn't sign someone you wanted him too. You can't really articulate why that person would be better but you just feel they are because that is what you want to believe in your heart of hearts. I at least know my own limitations in that I don't watch enough of these guys hence why I look to data to form an opinion until such time that I do watch enough of them to form an opinion independent of the data.

Last edited:

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tunsil dropped to 13 an I was sure the Bears would take the best OT in that draft. I was wrong.
Would you say you were more surprised that the Bears didn’t draft him, or that people would still be talking about not drafting him seven years later?