**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Me not celebrating the offseason doesn't make your takes any less shitty
I'm not sure why you even care, and I'm even less sure why you had to go on about white quarterbacks and Pace-itis when this what you wanted to say all along.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm not sure why you even care, and I'm even less sure why you had to go on about white quarterbacks and Pace-itis when this what you wanted to say all along.
Most people are aware that your takes are shitty.

The draft not being a focal point of every team's offseason is just another example. See the Chiefs are prime example of the importance of the draft. While having few picks

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ok, that makes zero sense. Pick up win now FA's and then dump your QB and draft a developmental QB?
Really?

I kind of like the idea of Anderson and Adian lining up against Jones and Borom.

Maybe line up Houston over center just for shits and giggles.......
Win now FAs??

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Most people are aware that your takes are shitty.

The draft not being a focal point of every team's offseason is just another example. See the Chiefs are prime example of the importance of the draft. While having few picks
Very simply the draft is the focal point of most teams in most off-sesaons by a pretty overwhelming margin. That's not wrong. But it is wrong to say that dynamic is totally universal. A normal person would say "Oh yeah I guess that's right Denver is totally looking to improve via free agency and coaching this year since they don't have many draft picks. Good call" but instead it became a case where Being Wrong On the Internet becomes this weird mortal fear.

You went next-level going on some weird racial tangent and then trying on your creative writing skills with Pace-itis.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Then you go without adding a wide receiver. There are more important positions on the football field, namely defensive end/pass rusher and offensive tackle--two positions the Bears are absolutely dreadful at. There are college teams with more talent in the trenches than the Bears.

I get what you're saying and that the Bears took the sure thing, and I'll admit it holds some water. But the decision to then not maximize the draft capital return in the trade looks really bad, and I have no idea why the deal with Carolina had to be struck so early. They prioritized getting a win-now player over future draft assets that could've fundamentally changed the course of the franchise.

How would a 2025 first round pick instead of Moore helped our pass rush or blocking this year? Why would this be the only way to help our pass rush or blocking?

They prioritized getting a weapon that helps Fields now. That is obvious. What this is all about is you dont believe in Fields so you cant see the value in getting someone to help him. Because of this bias you feel the need to shit on every move made as if there is only one way to build a team.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Not the place I would have chosen if I was Schultz. But hey, get that money now because that team won’t help you earn a better long term contract moving forward.
It seems like he didn’t have many teams interested. So yes, the one year deal for a good price looks like his best option.

Hopefully, he’s a security blanket for their incoming rookie QB and he racks up some stats.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
You're preaching to the choir, I'm all for the legalization of weed and psychadelics. It's wild that mushrooms are considered a "controlled substance" and treated the same as if it were heroin. My job does random drug testing and I'd be fired for smoking weed and I think it's insane, what people do in their free time shouldn't cost them their livelihood.

And yes it's an obvious double standard that the rules don't apply to this douche, the same way Favre was able to abuse Vicodin without any repercussions.
Well all players abused pain killers, they got them from team doctors to keep them on the field. And I am in agreement with you, but I am here to talk about how this policy is differently applied depending on the person, not the drug of choice.

I just think that Roger Goodell needs to make a statement on why it is okay for Aaron Rodgers do psychedelic cocktails in the desert with accompanied by people that think they are witches. He should do it on TV. The league's drug rules are all about how we need to have football players be good role models for children, so Goodell should be made to go on TV and say why this specific case is different.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Very simply the draft is the focal point of most teams in most off-sesaons by a pretty overwhelming margin.
Just so we're clear.

You finally came around. Nailing the draft is paramount to a teams success.

Now you can go back to trashing Fields without any statistical knowledge

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Just so we're clear.

You finally came around. Nailing the draft is paramount to a teams success.

Now you can go back to trashing Fields without any statistical knowledge
Not really but you know what, that is OK.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
How would a 2025 first round pick instead of Moore helped our pass rush or blocking this year? Why would this be the only way to help our pass rush or blocking?

They prioritized getting a weapon that helps Fields now. That is obvious. What this is all about is you dont believe in Fields so you cant see the value in getting someone to help him. Because of this bias you feel the need to shit on every move made as if there is only one way to build a team.
The bears could not pass the ball last year in a LARGE part because the O line could not block. Unfortunately getting DJ Moore doesn’t solve this problem.

Getting Nate Davis did not solve this problem either.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
There's risk and reward for the Bears trying to pull off the double trade down.

Risk: The Bears trade with Houston, Carolina waits to determine if they trade, or how much they are willing to trade, until they know who Houston takes at #1. This possibly affects their willingness to trade Moore, how much draft capital they will give up, or if they are willing to trade up with the Bears at all. Maybe even shifting their focus to Arizona as a trade target as well.

Reward: The Bears gain the extra pick/picks from Houston, but presumably also get less from Carolina to move to #2 instead of to #1, even if everything else remains the same. So the reward on trying to double trade down is the difference of what's gained from Houston vs. what's lost with Carolina.

Even if we go with your position that Moore is a fringe top 20 WR, there doesn't appear that there was a better path to obtaining a WR1 this offseason, and it was important to be able to make that happen now for Fields and his timeline. The possibility of losing out on Moore alone is enough for me to forego the potential reward of waiting, or trying to pull off a double trade down. The outlook with Moore/Claypool/Mooney is completely different than with Claypool/Mooney/WR3.
Well said, good post.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

It is true. I think Justin Fields is a trash thrower and stands very little chance of improving to the point where he's worth a veteran contract. Hence why this obsessive pursuit of wide receivers at any and all costs is so misguided. That is what this is all about for me.

Now what's it all about for you?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
You were saying the focal point of every team's offseason is the draft. That's not true.
You certainly have a talent for picking an argument regardless of what anyone says. So, it's noon and I say it's daylight you would argue against that. There I said it so have at it!!