**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Darnell Mooney had 41 catchable balls on 61 targets or 68%
This is how deep we need to reach to find numbers that make Justin Fields' passing look even mediocre as opposed to historically bad.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is how deep we need to reach to find numbers that make Justin Fields' passing look even mediocre as opposed to historically bad.
Is it really that deep of a reach when he's pulling up the bears "#1" WR last year?

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
They are doing a nice job, no doubt.

Are they? Sutton is a good corner, that was a nice signing. Mosley has injury issues, Gardner-Johnson is a solid signing though I think he may have benefited from playing on that defense. Glasgow is an almost 31 year old mediocre guard, and Montgomery is a mediocre running back. I am unimpressed.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Are they? Sutton is a good corner, that was a nice signing. Mosley has injury issues, Gardner-Johnson is a solid signing though I think he may have benefited from playing on that defense. Glasgow is an almost 31 year old mediocre guard, and Montgomery is a mediocre running back. I am unimpressed.
Well they'll probably hang a banner for almost making the playoffs.. In the Lions world, they're killing it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Written by the guy who has spent countless hours over the past 7 years pretending to be a Lions fan because CCS was mean to him.

My guy, you are without a doubt the most butthurt poster who has ever come through CCS.
LOL, 7 years? You don't math very well do you? 23-14 = 7? Oh well, par for the course from you. I am a little scared for your mental well being, in the event the Lions did win the division, and go on to win a playoff game, I am quite sure your risk of suicide would be quite high.

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
Let's imagine a scenario where Gordon or Williams were doing ayahuasca in the desert instead of smoking weed on the couch at home, and instead of having their careers derailed by the league with punishment are instead teased lightly by their coaches and everyone moves on.
You're preaching to the choir, I'm all for the legalization of weed and psychadelics. It's wild that mushrooms are considered a "controlled substance" and treated the same as if it were heroin. My job does random drug testing and I'd be fired for smoking weed and I think it's insane, what people do in their free time shouldn't cost them their livelihood.

And yes it's an obvious double standard that the rules don't apply to this douche, the same way Favre was able to abuse Vicodin without any repercussions.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
Poles is not forced to do anything in the draft.

Why do fans use terms like "a very Bears thing to do" when we have a completely different regime?

And moving a guy drafted as a T to RT would hardly be the craziest thing a team could do.
so Larry Borom is your RT next season? I said its a Bears thing to do not a Poles thing to do. You take a player from position he excels at, to watch him play average at another, while creating another need. Its stupid

Lurk McGurk

Liked Posts:
The level of butt-hurt is higher than normal @CCS today. Going to be really funny watching CCS explain away drafting Carter if it happens.
You spend your entire morning trolling on a division rival's forum and trying to rile people up, talking about a different team than the forum is intended for, so that you can then post about them being butt-hurt? There may be something more productive that you could do. Or maybe there isn't.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Detroit's off-season has honestly been pretty mediocre but luckily for them none of this will matter if they nail the draft. That's the focal point of their off-season and always has been.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Detroit's off-season has honestly been pretty mediocre but luckily for them none of this will matter if they nail the draft. That's the focal point of their off-season and always has been.
That's the focal point of basically every teams offseason..

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yeah ask the Broncos how they feel about the draft this year. Or the Dolphins. Or the Niners.
So if they drafted a white QB, they'd be feeling better about this years draft?

Not sure what you're basing this on. The Dolphins/9ers made the playoffs last year

Montucky

Liked Posts:
So if they drafted a white QB, they'd be feeling better about this years draft?

Not sure what you're basing this on. The Dolphins/9ers made the playoffs last year
Something is wrong with your brain if the first thing that comes to mind when you read that a few NFL teams don't have a lot of draft picks this year is some weird racial shit about quarterbacks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Something is wrong with your brain if the first thing that comes to mind when you read that a few NFL teams don't have a lot of draft picks this year is some weird racial shit about quarterbacks.

Re-read that part to yourself a few times. I'm sure it would be great self-help advice.

Lurk McGurk

Liked Posts:
I don't think people quite understand how significant it was that the team picking first overall in a strong quarterback class (which now this very obviously is) was shopping offers to trade down. For a class as strong as this one where it seems likely at least three quarterbacks go top five and a fourth in the top ten its almost unprecedented.

But people think the stupid value chart matters and then got carried away thinking a wide receiver who is fringe top twenty in the league was going to come in and become Justin Jefferson on the Bears, so nobody wants to hear how pitiful that deal was. If Carolina gets wind of who Houston wants, or decides they'd be happy with one of two guys, they could make this same deal.
There's risk and reward for the Bears trying to pull off the double trade down.

Risk: The Bears trade with Houston, Carolina waits to determine if they trade, or how much they are willing to trade, until they know who Houston takes at #1. This possibly affects their willingness to trade Moore, how much draft capital they will give up, or if they are willing to trade up with the Bears at all. Maybe even shifting their focus to Arizona as a trade target as well.

Reward: The Bears gain the extra pick/picks from Houston, but presumably also get less from Carolina to move to #2 instead of to #1, even if everything else remains the same. So the reward on trying to double trade down is the difference of what's gained from Houston vs. what's lost with Carolina.

Even if we go with your position that Moore is a fringe top 20 WR, there doesn't appear that there was a better path to obtaining a WR1 this offseason, and it was important to be able to make that happen now for Fields and his timeline. The possibility of losing out on Moore alone is enough for me to forego the potential reward of waiting, or trying to pull off a double trade down. The outlook with Moore/Claypool/Mooney is completely different than with Claypool/Mooney/WR3.