**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A lot of it is stupid. I say DJ Moore is not the perfect wide receiver and has weaknesses to his game. People respond by freaking out and repeatedly asking what weaknesses he has, as if to say he has none. The guy drops a lot of passes. His catch percentage has always been low, last year it was second-lowest (to Chase Claypool, hilariously enough) in the entire league. But nobody wants to hear that, so why even bother respond to those sort of indignant Karen-toned questions?
Catch percentage, as most statisticians will tell you, is more of a reflection on the QB rather than the WR. Unless they have a high % of drops, it’s kind of a useless stat.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
A lot of it is stupid. I say DJ Moore is not the perfect wide receiver and has weaknesses to his game. People respond by freaking out and repeatedly asking what weaknesses he has, as if to say he has none. The guy drops a lot of passes. His catch percentage has always been low, last year it was second-lowest (to Chase Claypool, hilariously enough) in the entire league. But nobody wants to hear that, so why even bother respond to those sort of indignant Karen-toned questions?
Catch percentage has nothing to do with drops. The catch % is as much on the quarterback as it is on the wide receiver. DJ Moore had 6 drops last year which was less than Zay Jones (12) Amari Cooper (12) Ja'Marr Chase (10) Deebo Samuel (10) Courtland Sutton (10) Devante Adams (8) Tyrek Hill (8) Devonta Smith (8) Tee Higgins (8) Stephon Diggs (7) Jaylon Waddle (7) DK Metcalf (7) Chris Olave (7) and the same number of drops as AJ Brown, CD Lamb, and Justin Jefferson. He may have weaknesses, but I don't think you can count dropped passes as one of them

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Ryan Poles himself essentially admitted that the Texans offered a first rounder next year or maybe even this year.
1)He never said nor was there any way they were getting an additional 1 from HOU this year. Your reading comprehension is lacking
2) DJ Moore is better than an unknown 1st next season.
So whats your point.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Catch percentage has nothing to do with drops. The catch % is as much on the quarterback as it is on the wide receiver. DJ Moore had 6 drops last year which was less than Zay Jones (12) Amari Cooper (12) Ja'Marr Chase (10) Deebo Samuel (10) Courtland Sutton (10) Devante Adams (8) Tyrek Hill (8) Devonta Smith (8) Tee Higgins (8) Stephon Diggs (7) Jaylon Waddle (7) DK Metcalf (7) Chris Olave (7) and the same number of drops as AJ Brown, CD Lamb, and Justin Jefferson. He may have weaknesses, but I don't think you can count dropped passes as one of them
Seems like all those WR you listed here have weaknesses.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He had seven.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
“At one point, Poles thought he’d trade down to the second pick with Houston, then down again to the ninth pick with Carolina. The problem was that negotiations with the Texans were dragging—doubt crept in that it’d go where Poles wanted it to, and the Panthers were acting with urgency.

We will never know what the Texans might have done. What we do know is what the Panthers were willing to do. There’s really no point in discussing this further. Poles had a great offer ON THE FUCKING TABLE…. Not a possible one…. An actual one. I have zero issues with him doing the deal at hand. It was an absolutely great deal.

And DJ Moore is a #1 WR.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He has had issues with drops his entire career. By the way, he had seven drops last year and not three. So you're just kinda wrong about this.

He had 3 per PFF. His Drop percentage was 4.5% which was 58th in NFL last year.

2021 - 18th in NFL

2020 - 29th in NFL

2019 - 70th

2018 - 49th

So by entire career you mean one year where his drop % was top 20 in NFL and one year it was top 30? His career drop % is 7.2%

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He had 3 per PFF. His Drop percentage was 4.5% which was 58th in NFL last year.

2021 - 18th in NFL

2020 - 29th in NFL

2019 - 70th

2018 - 49th

So by entire career you mean one year where his drop % was top 20 in NFL and one year it was top 30? His career drop % is 7.2%
Seems like the drop number changes pretty dramatically depending who you ask.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seems like the drop number changes pretty dramatically depending who you ask.

Yes and I will roll with the guys who supply data to all the NFL teams. Where is your data coming from?

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
I haven't seen seven anywhere, this site, which I believe is most accurate, has him at 6
To show how bad the quarterback play was in Carolina, of DJ Moore's 118 targets 69 were deemed catchable, or 58%. Conversely, Justin Jefferson had 134 catchable balls on 184 targets, or 73%