**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Bort

Liked Posts:
Maybe one day I'll get over not drafting Tunsil, but today is not that day.

Could've had a top 2 OT for a decade but got scared off by a little weed.
When they announced the trade I was 100% sure it was going to be for Tunsil because he was the only one left on the board worth giving up that much to trade up to #9 overall to get. When then announced that the pick was Floyd, I just sat there in confusion and disbelief for a solid minute. Why wouldn't they have expected Floyd to be there at #11? Why bother trading up? That trade up didn't make any sense at the time and looks even dumber in retrospect.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Says possibly. More likely that was the asking price, Texans were non commital and Poles decided not to wait.

Nah he said 3 firsts in 24 so means Houston and Panthers would give him a 2024 first each.
That’s right. The Houston 1st would have been in ‘24.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has any team ever given up a future 1 to go from 2 to 1?

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
He couldn’t finish drills that was very noticeable
The Bears absolutely need to do their homework on him.

He lost 2 friends and there were a lot of people who were blaming him for their deaths. I don’t care who you are, that takes a toll on you. Professional or soon-to-be professional athletes are not immune to stress.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Says possibly. More likely that was the asking price, Texans were non commital and Poles decided not to wait.

Nah he said 3 firsts in 24 so means Houston and Panthers would give him a 2024 first each.
People will:kermit: about this theoretical 3 1sts in 2024, while ignoring that at #2 CAR would have given up significantly less with the uncertainty at QB available.

Fact is the Bears got 2 1sts this season ( one something HOU could not offer a #1 WR in DJ Moore) and a 3rd 1st next season. So Poles got essentially the same return, with the 3rd 1st a year earlier and a guaranteed not to bust, team leader, with gravitas.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
If that video hadn't leaked on draft day he's almost certainly taken before the Bears pick but yeah in hindsight they obviously should've taken him over Floyd. Weed isn't a big deal (unless your name is Josh Gordon or Ricky Williams).
Let's imagine a scenario where Gordon or Williams were doing ayahuasca in the desert instead of smoking weed on the couch at home, and instead of having their careers derailed by the league with punishment are instead teased lightly by their coaches and everyone moves on.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@Montucky youre also ignoring a strong point poles made that waiting risked the value of the pick if these qbs already considered mediocre going in flopped on their pro days. That would have collapsed the draft picks worth
He ignores a lot. Mainly common sense.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
When they announced the trade I was 100% sure it was going to be for Tunsil because he was the only one left on the board worth giving up that much to trade up to #9 overall to get. When then announced that the pick was Floyd, I just sat there in confusion and disbelief for a solid minute. Why wouldn't they have expected Floyd to be there at #11? Why bother trading up? That trade up didn't make any sense at the time and looks even dumber in retrospect.
It was reported afterward that NYG loved Floyd and they were gonna get him. So the Bears jumped NYG to get him.

The Tunsil stuff is all hindsight. People act like the weed stuff was no big deal, but it could have been. Could have been Josh Gordan 2.0. Who knows. It was a huge red flag coming out on the day of the draft.

Last edited:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
@Montucky youre also ignoring a strong point poles made that waiting risked the value of the pick if these qbs already considered mediocre going in flopped on their pro days. That would have collapsed the draft picks worth
They're not going to flop their pro days. And even if one did who cares? There are three others.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Bears absolutely need to do their homework on him.

He lost 2 friends and there were a lot of people who were blaming him for their deaths. I don’t care who you are, that takes a toll on you. Professional or soon-to-be professional athletes are not immune to stress.
Yeah but people were saying he was out of shape vs OSU and that was before the accident.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Giants were taking Floyd at 10. They tipped their hand and were caught off guard when the Bears jumped them.

The pick still should have been Tunsil.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tell me again how good the Bears O-line is going to be this year.
Tell me how you can not project future performance.
That worked out so well for you last year.
You always spin a marvelous vortex, only to have it fall flat on its face when the season actually happens.

What does this have to do with you dissappearing when the Lions get embarrassed and blaming it on work?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think people quite understand how significant it was that the team picking first overall in a strong quarterback class (which now this very obviously is) was shopping offers to trade down. For a class as strong as this one where it seems likely at least three quarterbacks go top five and a fourth in the top ten its almost unprecedented.

But people think the stupid value chart matters and then got carried away thinking a wide receiver who is fringe top twenty in the league was going to come in and become Justin Jefferson on the Bears, so nobody wants to hear how pitiful that deal was. If Carolina gets wind of who Houston wants, or decides they'd be happy with one of two guys, they could make this same deal.

Translation - You have no particular insight or proof of your assertions but if you say it loud enough and long enough maybe people will believe you.

Last edited: