**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
From the King article linked above by Dejo:

“Early Report Card​

1. Chicago. The Bears traded ownership of the draft to Carolina, then owned the first week of free-agency.

After a conversation with Bears GM Ryan Polesthe other night, it sounds like the trade was almost THE TRADE. Poles told me he had significant discussion with Houston at number two that could have made him trade down twice in the top 10—with both the Texans and Panthers. He wouldn’t be specific on what broke down, but he did say: “I thought there was an opportunity to do something historically pretty cool with a trade from one to two and two to nine. That had potential to add more draft capital this year, and then the possibility that you’re sitting on three ones in the following year.

That had my attention. But my gut told me to trigger on it now. At the combine, I thought those quarterbacks did an outstanding job in their interview process. A lot of teams felt really good about some of those guys, but as you get further away from the combine, maybe there’s a bad pro day or something that turns teams off.”

“It’ll be fascinating if Carter and one or both of the top two offensive tackles, Peter Skoronski and Paris Johnson, are there at nine. Both needs are major. Do you take the giant risk guy who is the best talent in the draft? Or do you take a solid prospect with perfect makeup at a need position to help protect your young quarterback in a vital developmental year?

Understand that all of this is about 2024 and beyond, not 2023. Don’t make decisions to win now. Make decisions to be the best team over the next five years.”

There is more good content in the article about free agency too. I’ve radically shortened his take.

Check it out.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If Texans were willing to give two firsts to move one spot then poles is nuts to turn that down. I’m not buying that at all.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If Texans were willing to give two firsts to move one spot then poles is nuts to turn that down. I’m not buying that at all.
The quote implies Houston was discussing giving him draft capital in ‘24 and a first in ‘25.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
We have no idea what the trade could have looked like with Carolina when trading them the #2 pick instead of #1.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Says possibly. More likely that was the asking price, Texans were non commital and Poles decided not to wait.

The quote implies Houston was discussing giving him draft capital in ‘24 and a first in ‘25.

Nah he said 3 firsts in 24 so means Houston and Panthers would give him a 2024 first each.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why are people talking about the worst franchise in professional sports on here?

This is a bears forum, not a detoilet forum.

Reactions: chi