**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He ignores a lot. Mainly common sense.
A lot of it is stupid. I say DJ Moore is not the perfect wide receiver and has weaknesses to his game. People respond by freaking out and repeatedly asking what weaknesses he has, as if to say he has none. The guy drops a lot of passes. His catch percentage has always been low, last year it was second-lowest (to Chase Claypool, hilariously enough) in the entire league. But nobody wants to hear that, so why even bother respond to those sort of indignant Karen-toned questions?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Translation - I have particular insight or proof of my assertions but if I say it loud enough and long enough maybe people will believe me.
Ryan Poles himself essentially admitted that the Texans offered a first rounder next year or maybe even this year.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Bears absolutely need to do their homework on him.

He lost 2 friends and there were a lot of people who were blaming him for their deaths. I don’t care who you are, that takes a toll on you. Professional or soon-to-be professional athletes are not immune to stress.
This is why I think people are way too harsh on Bryan Bresee.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Yeah but people were saying he was out of shape vs OSU and that was before the accident.
this ^

he's had question marks prior to this accident...i think it was mcshay? that said there were character concerns about him and then a bunch of georgia players came out saying carter is a great dude etc...poles says he can read people well so we'll see if he reads carter and if he's worth the risk...as an outsider i'd pass all day on him but we'll see...others have surprised but those issues were due to drug use...like tunsil (drugs), sapp (drugs), peters (drugs, choked ppl) carter is being questioned for work ethic, maturity and anything else? the only players i can think of that had those types of questions were coples from UNC and fairley from auburn...they were physical beasts coming into the league like carter but never put it together...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hopefully it was speculation I read it as poles could have got that. There is no way there was an offer like that to move up one spot. Not for these qbs. Crazy shit happens but that would really be a crazy trade return
"I thought there was an opportunity to do something historically pretty cool with a trade from one to two and two to nine. That had potential to add more draft capital this year, and then the possibility that you’re sitting on three ones in the following year. That had my attention. But my gut told me to trigger on it now. At the combine, I thought those quarterbacks did an outstanding job in their interview process. A lot of teams felt really good about some of those guys, but as you get further away from the combine, maybe there’s a bad pro day or something that turns teams off.”

Think he is saying he had prelim discussions with Houston but nothing concrete. So it would have taken more time with no guarantee Houston pulls the trigger.

Further, if they trade 1 to Houston they are unlikely to move 2 until closer to the draft or draft night because teams moving to 2 likely would want to have a sense for who Houston is taking particularly if they have one clear cut preference at QB.

That’s right. The Houston 1st would have been in ‘24.

Right so not sure what you meant by 2025 first. The convo was teading down to 2 so it would have been pick 2 and a 2024 first.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A lot of it is stupid. I say DJ Moore is not the perfect wide receiver and has weaknesses to his game. People respond by freaking out and repeatedly asking what weaknesses he has, as if to say he has none. The guy drops a lot of passes. His catch percentage has always been low, last year it was second-lowest (to Chase Claypool, hilariously enough) in the entire league. But nobody wants to hear that, so why even bother respond to those sort of indignant Karen-toned questions?
I was one of the ones that asked that and would have appreciated this response, didn't know he dropped a lot of passes. Now I know. Pretty simple.

I went and looked it up and for the volume of targets I'm not as concerned with the number of drops.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ryan Poles himself essentially admitted that the Texans offered a first rounder next year or maybe even this year.

No he didnt. He said he pulled the trigger now on the Panthers deal which implies he could not have pulled the trigger on the Houston deal because more time would be required. So more likely he wanted a 2024 first from Houston and Houston was still debating whether they wished to give in. Given they were only moving one spot, they likely would have wanted to fully finish their evaluation process before making a deal as you only trade to one from 2 if you rank one prospect significantly above all others.

"I thought there was an opportunity to do something historically pretty cool with a trade from one to two and two to nine. That had potential to add more draft capital this year, and then the possibility that you’re sitting on three ones in the following year. That had my attention. But my gut told me to trigger on it now. At the combine, I thought those quarterbacks did an outstanding job in their interview process. A lot of teams felt really good about some of those guys, but as you get further away from the combine, maybe there’s a bad pro day or something that turns teams off.”

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not buying that this is actually as strong of a QB class as you are implying. I am willing to bet you that there are only 2 QBs that go in the top 10. These fantasy mocks I keep seeing that no OT go in the top 9 are just unrealistic!
I will take that bet and give you 2-1 odds.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It should not surprise you at all. The Niners gave up the farm for third overall and third helpings at a quarterback class that at least at the time was considered very strong.

The Bears had first overall in a class that doesn't have quite a Trevor Lawrence-type prospect, but overall is every bit as strong as 2021 was.

The niners gave up 3 firsts and a third. The Bears got 3 firsts (Moore clearly had 1st round value in NFL circles) and 2 seconds. So if the Dolphins got the farm then not sure how you can claim the Bears didnt when they got 2 seconds compared to a 3rd ford the Dolphins. Your logic makes no sense.

And please dont respond with some dumb shit about Moore not being worth a first when it is clear that was his value. You disagreeing doesnt change the fact the NFL valued him as such anymore than if I draft Curtis Enis in the first, he was still a 1st rounder even if he ended up sucking. This isnt about your personal valuations on a player or whether said player lives up your expectations. This is about what value the NFL puts on a player and Moore has a 1st round value within the NFL.

More had 3 drops last year. Catch% is dependent on the QB as well.

Reactions: chi

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The niners gave up 3 firsts and a third. The Bears got 3 firsts (Moore clearly had 1st round value in NFL circles) and 2 seconds. So if the Dolphins got the farm then not show how you can claim the Bears didnt wheb they got 2 seconds compared to a 3rd ford the Dolphins. You logic makes no sense.

More had 3 drops last year. Catch% is dependent on the QB as well.
Now tell me about DJ Moore's previous years in the NFL. Or are we doing that thing where you pick and a choose which things are relevant about which year.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Now tell me about DJ Moore's previous years in the NFL. Or are we doing that thing where you pick and a choose which things are relevant about which year.
Bruh you should just relax on the DJ Moore hate. Let him play and see if Fields who you also hate, can get something going with him. All this anger over getting DJ Moore seems a little extreme...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

It is your assertion so you need to prove it not me. You made a statement that was not specific to a year. If you wish to claim he had problems with drops in a given year then you should have said that.

Last edited:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It is your assertion so you need to prove it not me. You made a statement that was not specific to a year. If you wish to claim he had problems with drops in a given year then you shoulf have said that.
He has had issues with drops his entire career. By the way, he had seven drops last year and not three. So you're just kinda wrong about this.