**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
Another thing I don't see mentioned is that with this early trade, more time for dj to acclimate. We all saw how claypool did with no training or practice with the team. But to me, I think the first next year or even the early second would have been worth it to wait.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
ARI has said their pick is available the uncertainty of QB available clearly effects the interest, much like it would have done with the Bears owning the #2.

How the Cardinals benefit: The Cardinals (who do not need a quarterback) are now likely in the driver's seat for the No. 3 pick. With Carolina and presumably the Houston Texans picking quarterbacks in back-to-back picks, that leaves the Cardinals with keys to either trade down for whatever team is desperate enough to move up for a remaining quarterback OR select the top non-QB prospects (Jalen Carter, Will Anderson, Tyree Wilson, etc.)

Fact is three 1 rnd picks or the equivalent and 2 nd rnd picks has never been obtained for an single pick ever in NFL history.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
He has gained 5536 total yards in 5 seasons with very below-average QB play.

He’s not Justin Jefferson. But he is a legit #1 WR.

There shouldn’t really even be a debate about this.

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Bort

Liked Posts:
I haven’t watched him much but he must absolutely blow at run defense because the guy can’t stick anywhere
I haven't really watched Ngakoue much, either, so maybe he is really bad against the run, but he is in rare company with his sack numbers. The top ten players with the most sacks in the NFL since he was drafted in 2016 is:

1. Aaron Donald 83
2. T.J. Watt 77.5
3. Cameron Jordan 76.5
4. Chandler Jones 76
5. Myles Garrett 74.5
6. Khalil Mack 65.5
7. (tie) Yannick Ngakoue 65
7. (tie) Danielle Hunter 65
7. (tie) Chris Jones 65
10. Von Miller 63.5

A guy who can rush the passer and get home at an elite level like that is extremely valuable even if he does suck against the run, especially since he's still only 27 years old.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
“I brought Justin in the draft room and I showed him our board in April and how I thought it was gonna play out, because I knew the media was going to be asking me about not drafting a receiver,” Poles says. “I explained to him how I use the value on the board to drive those decisions. I showed him how it was going to fall, because I wanted him to hear it from me before it happened. That’s important for me because I don’t want the guy to question whether or not I am trying to get him better.

“I want him to know that I’m building a football team and how I’m doing it.”

So when Poles selected Washington corner Kyler Gordon and Penn State safety Jaquan Brisker, before taking Tennessee receiver Velus Jones Jr. in the third round, Fields didn’t have to guess what the team was thinking.

For all those that said he didnt get Fields help because he wasnt sold on him.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The level of butt-hurt is higher than normal @CCS today. Going to be really funny watching CCS explain away drafting Carter if it happens.
Written by the guy who has spent countless hours over the past 7 years pretending to be a Lions fan because CCS was mean to him.

My guy, you are without a doubt the most butthurt poster who has ever come through CCS.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Bruh you should just relax on the DJ Moore hate. Let him play and see if Fields who you also hate, can get something going with him. All this anger over getting DJ Moore seems a little extreme...
@Montucky would much rather have had Semenum throwing to Beasley and getting those 10 PPG

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Written by the guy who has spent countless hours over the past 7 years pretending to be a Lions fan because CCS was mean to him.

My guy, you are without a doubt the most butthurt poster who has ever come through CCS.
nah @Black Rainbow's the most butthurt...

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
From the King article linked above by Dejo:

“Early Report Card​

1. Chicago. The Bears traded ownership of the draft to Carolina, then owned the first week of free-agency.

After a conversation with Bears GM Ryan Polesthe other night, it sounds like the trade was almost THE TRADE. Poles told me he had significant discussion with Houston at number two that could have made him trade down twice in the top 10—with both the Texans and Panthers. He wouldn’t be specific on what broke down, but he did say: “I thought there was an opportunity to do something historically pretty cool with a trade from one to two and two to nine. That had potential to add more draft capital this year, and then the possibility that you’re sitting on three ones in the following year.

That had my attention. But my gut told me to trigger on it now. At the combine, I thought those quarterbacks did an outstanding job in their interview process. A lot of teams felt really good about some of those guys, but as you get further away from the combine, maybe there’s a bad pro day or something that turns teams off.”

“It’ll be fascinating if Carter and one or both of the top two offensive tackles, Peter Skoronski and Paris Johnson, are there at nine. Both needs are major. Do you take the giant risk guy who is the best talent in the draft? Or do you take a solid prospect with perfect makeup at a need position to help protect your young quarterback in a vital developmental year?

Understand that all of this is about 2024 and beyond, not 2023. Don’t make decisions to win now. Make decisions to be the best team over the next five years.”

There is more good content in the article about free agency too. I’ve radically shortened his take.

Check it out.
I'm pretty much done on Carter unless something dramatic happens.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
To show how bad the quarterback play was in Carolina, of DJ Moore's 118 targets 69 were deemed catchable, or 58%. Conversely, Justin Jefferson had 134 catchable balls on 184 targets, or 73%
Wait until he sees how bad the quarterback play was in Chicago...