**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I’d take JSN. There are some really good backs in this draft. I think Bijan is a stud, but I’ve also seen him get shut down. TCU made him a complete non factor in the run and pass game. Bama too…

His K State game was pretty impressive. They were a tough team with some legitimate NFL prospects on D.
Sorry I would take the player who is going to touch the ball 15/20 times a game over someone who may get 5 or 6 touches a game. It is Robinson all day!!!!!!!!!

Lurk McGurk

Liked Posts:
I can’t accept the Bears drafting a CB in 1st round. More pressing needs are OT and DL. This would be irresponsible for the Bears to draft a CB in 1st round. They don’t have that luxury. Fix the fucking trenches first.

Since Poles has been shut out in the offseason RT market and the top three tackle prospects may well be sitting there at #9 that seems like a no brainer for Poles. As for C it could be Ricky Stromberg who Poles had in for one of those 30 player visits this past week.
I agree that improvement at RT is very important and urgent. I'm unsure what Poles plans are now that they didn't land McGlinchey, hopefully there is a plan though. Maybe Jenkins is one of the options they see now that they added Davis. I'm sure some would argue Jenkins would give you at least the same pass blocking ability that McGlinchey would, it could be a fallback plan.

That being said, it's possible they view someone other than OL or DL as an elite talent at #9, and that they feel good about being able to land a RT later in the draft. Whether that's with picks 53, 61, 64, or maybe using those to move up from 53 some, or maybe even later in the draft. I have no idea how to rank their draft options but it's possible they see value in guys later, and they think forcing it at #9 isn't the way to go. I can get on board with that strategy.

DL specifically, I personally think being patient and finding value is fine. If they don't get it completely fixed this offseason they can work on it next offseason. It may cost the Bears a few wins in 2023, but it won't come at the cost of development and evaluation of Fields that is tied into the OL.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Feel like this isn't talked about enough cause no one wants a cornerback at #9. Very likely cb could be BPA for poles/fluss on their board at #9 tho.

If Johnson is there at 9 I dont see how they can pass him up. He checks all the boxes at one of the biggest positions of need. Everything else seems like smoke imo

I'd be very happy with him or skoronski. Think either can be a great right tackle in the NFL