**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If Johnson is there at 9 I dont see how they can pass him up. He checks all the boxes at one of the biggest positions of need. Everything else seems like smoke imo
Yep, sort out Braxton and Paris and have your book ends for years to come. Also, might as well add his teammate Wypler and complete the OL

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Yep, sort out Braxton and Paris and have your book ends for years to come. Also, might as well add his teammate Wypler and complete the OL
Since Poles has been shut out in the offseason RT market and the top three tackle prospects may well be sitting there at #9 that seems like a no brainer for Poles. As for C it could be Ricky Stromberg who Poles had in for one of those 30 player visits this past week.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
One Bills guy thought he would be a day 3 pick to free up the 10 mil in cap space. If that is all it takes to add Oliver, Bears have to do it.

Yeah I have zero idea what he’s worth. Seen everything from 3rd day pick to swapping 1sts. (Hell no to that)

But I don’t know much about him as a player.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I can’t accept the Bears drafting a CB in 1st round. More pressing needs are OT and DL. This would be irresponsible for the Bears to draft a CB in 1st round. They don’t have that luxury. Fix the fucking trenches first.
On the one hand, I agree with you due to the perceived need on the OL. However, on the other hand, there’s a lot to be said for premium value positions. So, if you’re into the moneyball shit, you know that getting a high value position on a rookie deal for a prorated period of time is a win.

I would be fine with Gonzalez due to his unteachable physical traits. What he would give us in the secondary is mind bending.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oliver was one of the best players in the AAC when he was at Houston. He was a game wrecker in college. He’s a real good pro. He’d immediately be the best d lineman on the Bears.

@BaBaBlacksheep
He only had 2.5 sacks last season BUT paired with Andrew Billings who is a LOAD at NT, maybe that interior gets disruptive.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Would love christian gonzalez, ok with Devon meh with Porter.
My thoughts exactly. Gonzalez is such a smooth mover and he has excellent length. Just love the upside there to be an elite NFL CB.

Witherspoon is probably still my CB1 (or 1A). He simply had the best tape of all the CBs and with CB in particular, I value that more than anything else. He doesn't have elite size, which is fine, I compare him to Jaire Alexander a lot, and his size hasn't been an issue. But I do think Gonzalez is more "unique" so I value him more as a top 10 pick than Witherspoon....if that makes any sense.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yep, at least creating interior pressure. Not giving QBs room to step up makes the DEs job getting home a little easier as well.
Now they have to go get some DEs though lol. But any move like this that allows them to get Bijan, a couple OL and then DE for the rest of the picks is cool with me.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If you were going to take a skill position over OL/DL who would you rather have JSN or Robinson??? For me it would be Robinson every time.

I’d take JSN. There are some really good backs in this draft. I think Bijan is a stud, but I’ve also seen him get shut down. TCU made him a complete non factor in the run and pass game. Bama too…

His K State game was pretty impressive. They were a tough team with some legitimate NFL prospects on D.