**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Except two of the four highest cap hits on the Chiefs last year were defensive linemen. And since drafting Patrick Mahomes in 2017 only once have the Chiefs used a draft pick in the top fifty on an offensive player. So it seems like Kansas City has other ideas about where you should be investing money and draft picks.
When mahommes first got to the league chiefs had hunt(we know why he was cut), kelce(highest paid te), hill(one of highest paid wrs in league), and they signed Sammy Watkins to similar salary that Allen robinson got. Stop lying to prove your point it’s as pathetic as the poles dick lickers making excuses for the oline

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Except two of the four highest cap hits on the Chiefs last year were defensive linemen. And since drafting Patrick Mahomes in 2017 only once have the Chiefs used a draft pick in the top fifty on an offensive player. So it seems like Kansas City has other ideas about where you should be investing money and draft picks.
After losing both tackles in loss to Tampa Bay in SB, what did KC do first? Traded a 1st round pick for Orlando Brown and fixed their Oline.

That’s where Bears should pick in 1st round, especially if Paris Johnson is available. After fixing Oline, Dline is second, then BPA.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
When mahommes first got to the league chiefs had hunt(we know why he was cut), kelce(highest paid te), hill(one of highest paid wrs in league), and they signed Sammy Watkins to similar salary that Allen robinson got. Stop lying to prove your point it’s as pathetic as the poles dick lickers making excuses for the oline
Right, the money they were playing Sammy Watkins and would've paid Tyreek Hill would've come too much at the expensive of the defense and offensive lines. So they got rid of them both and won another Super Bowl.

Kansas City is a smart team. They don't buy this whole "offense at all costs" bullshit, they leave that for basement dwellers like the Bears.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
After losing both tackles in loss to Tampa Bay in SB, what did KC do first? Traded a 1st round pick for Orlando Brown and fixed their Oline.

That’s where Bears should pick in 1st round, especially if Paris Johnson is available. After fixing Oline, Dline is second, then BPA.
Don't forget about signing Joe Thuney too.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Right, the money they were playing Sammy Watkins and would've paid Tyreek Hill would've come too much at the expensive of the defense and offensive lines. So they got rid of them both and won another Super Bowl.

Kansas City is a smart team. They don't buy this whole "offense at all costs" bullshit, they leave that for basement dwellers like the Bears.
I’m not excusing poles for the oline he gets a F two years running. They didn’t dump their wrs until mahommes got his new deal. All those players were on the first two Super Bowl teams and they went 1-1. They just won their second superbowl(third appearance) without their star wrs

You’re just wrong here

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
lol the giants dining with jsn, unless they plan to throw in a 1st to move up just outside the top 10 to secure him, i doubt it happens...

Leatherwood showed absolutely nothing last year.

Diesch is a practice squad guy.

They need to draft AT LEAST two guys. And hopefully find a vet to sign as well.

Jones and Jenkins are fine. Borom is fine as a backup. (But they can do better)
your forgetting davis
jones, davis, whitehair/patrick, jenkins, rookie/borom/someone

they need a starting RT, borom can be the swing tackle.
we'll see if leatherwood was mishandled by the raiders or if he's just a byproduct of being on a super talented bama team.
i think carter should be solid enough as depth and whether its patrick or whitehair that doesnt win the starting center spot will be depth as well...bears really need to solidify that RT spot, borom will be the swing even though the bears could use an upgrade on him.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't forget about signing Joe Thuney too.
Isn’t that the part of going offense first? KC is protecting their best asset, Mahomes. Also they did trade for Toney in the middle of regular season. KC does enough to keep their offense being in the top 5 each year.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol the giants dining with jsn, unless they plan to throw in a 1st to move up just outside the top 10 to secure him, i doubt it happens...

your forgetting davis
jones, davis, whitehair/patrick, jenkins, rookie/borom/someone

they need a starting RT, borom can be the swing tackle.
we'll see if leatherwood was mishandled by the raiders or if he's just a byproduct of being on a super talented bama team.
i think carter should be solid enough as depth and whether its patrick or whitehair that doesnt win the starting center spot will be depth as well...bears really need to solidify that RT spot, borom will be the swing even though the bears could use an upgrade on him.
If Paris Johnson has been picked, I don’t mind the Bears to trade down to Giants for an extra 1st next year and 2nd this year or an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder this year. Payback is a bitch.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
He did 11 reps at 225. That's less than I could do at 5'10" 180 in college at the rec many moons ago.
His broad jump was dead last by DE, his vert was 1.5" from dead last.

Weak, unexplosive, low production prospect that had one fluke good season.

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
The only thing I can think of in his favor is that, unlike every other prospect, he was in a military school and couldn’t train for the combine.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Would love christian gonzalez, ok with Devon meh with Porter.
I can’t accept the Bears drafting a CB in 1st round. More pressing needs are OT and DL. This would be irresponsible for the Bears to draft a CB in 1st round. They don’t have that luxury. Fix the fucking trenches first.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m not excusing poles for the oline he gets a F two years running. They didn’t dump their wrs until mahommes got his new deal. All those players were on the first two Super Bowl teams and they went 1-1. They just won their second superbowl(third appearance) without their star wrs

You’re just wrong here

Lol he gets an F despite zero games being played in 2023? This is what I mean with your dick rippers. Wish I had your crystal ball. Can you tell me the next big tech stock to invest in?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is no right way to build a team. Or any particularly order to follow. You build the team by acquiring the best players available that make sense for your scheme. That is what good teams do. For some teams they may end up focusing on O because that is where the talent available ended up being. For others the talent may have been D or a mix of both.

Trying to plug in players into specific spots of need with no regard to how good that player is relative to other players available is a recipe for ending up a mediocre team. If an elite CB and a decent OL is available then you get the CB. You can't just manufacture or pretend great players exist simply because it is a need. Sometimes they are available and sometimes they are not.

In the end what it will boil down to is whether Poles gets the talent evaluation right and can properly discern the potential great players from the simply adequate and focus on acquirer the former rather than the latter just because of need.

Last edited: