**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

napo55

Liked Posts:
Yes he did; sorry it didn't work out, I was upset at the time but understand and agree with the result in hindsight.
Had he signed Roquan, he would not have created a need at LB and could have concentrated on other areas of need. Plus, Roquan's statistical performance was clearly better than Edmunds.

That said, Edmunds is a good player and, like Smith, is young and could continue to improve.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Had he signed Roquan, he would not have created a need at LB and could have concentrated on other areas of need. Plus, Roquan's statistical performance was clearly better than Edmunds.

That said, Edmunds is a good player and, like Smith, is young and could continue to improve.
You are like a broken magic 8 ball. Very sad, I thought I remembered you being a good poster at one point

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

They clearly value length

I'd take Edmunds at 18m, a 2nd and 5th rounder

Lurk McGurk

Liked Posts:

That said, Edmunds is a good player and, like Smith, is young and could continue to improve
In addition to the other points people made above (the picks they got, culture fit, cheaper), I suspect that they may actually think that Edmunds will be more productive than Roquan in this defense and not just a replacement. They should be paying someone for what they think they'll do going forward, not what they've done in the past.

Of course it remains to be seen whether Edmunds is what they appear to think he is.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Haven’t the Browns acquired two dozen high profile offensive players in the past few years, while still sucking for the most part?
Yes. This 100%

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It will be interesting to follow their progress the next couple of years.
CCS when Roquan was traded.........

That is too much money for a LB, that is not a premium position.

CCS after they sign Edmunds...............

What a brilliant move!!

Pole smokers are truly one of a kind

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

What a brilliant move!!

Thanks

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
In addition to the other points people made above (the picks they got, culture fit, cheaper), I suspect that they may actually think that Edmunds will be more productive than Roquan in this defense and not just a replacement. They should be paying someone for what they think they'll do going forward, not what they've done in the past.

Of course it remains to be seen whether Edmunds is what they appear to think he is.
Just wonder if it was all that calculating though. They offered Roquan a lot of money. It wasnt quite enough. Only after having lost him did they need to find a replacement. So I'm not sure you can say they all knowingly let someone go because they wanted someone better. But I raise my glass to the hopes that he indeed is a better fit/player for this Bears team.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just wonder if it was all that calculating though. They offered Roquan a lot of money. It wasnt quite enough. Only after having lost him did they need to find a replacement. So I'm not sure you can say they all knowingly let someone go because they wanted someone better. But I raise my glass to the hopes that he indeed is a better fit/player for this Bears team.
Again, I’ll take Edmunds & Edwards along with a 2nd & a 5th over Smith and his knucklehead ways every fucking day of the week

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

What a brilliant move!!

One year at 22m, other than that Edmunds costs 14,17 and 17 on the others.

But please continue to make yourself look like your usual reetarded self

Meanwhile Roquan has a 22m, followed by his final two years being a 27m cap hit.

Shut the fuck up