**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To your discussion perhaps, since you're trying to find any and every way possible to shit on the Bears.
No, not really. The trading of Quan made sense at the time. I am laughing at the comments made by the Pole riders on CCS and comparing them to the same comments they are making now.

CCS Pole riders at time of Roquan trade:

"No LB is worth that amount of money"

CCS Pole riders after the signing of Edmunds:

"brilliant, this was a magnificent signing!! "

The fact is indisputable, over the course of the next three years, there is not much difference in money. If you want to re-open the argument after three years, and the inevitable renegotiation of Roquans contract, have at it.

I thought keeping Roquan was the smart play.
I think signing Edmunds is also a smart play.
Time will only tell which would have been better.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
No, not really. The trading of Quan made sense at the time. I am laughing at the comments made by the Pole riders on CCS and comparing them to the same comments they are making now.

You've been corrected on this numerous times so i'm not going to bother saying it again.

The fact is indisputable, over the course of the next three years, there is not much difference in money.
The Bears have the cap space to front load the deal which is a smart move if you can do it. The Ravens are pinched for cap to try to retain Lamar so they backloaded the deal. Poles could have structured it to be backloaded if he wanted so it's not really comparing apples to apples. As said, I'd much rather have Edmunds' deal in 3 years when he's still in the prime of his career and not having to worry about having to cut or restructure him due to his massive cap hit.

Good time to mention again, anyone in their right mind would take Edmunds + 2nd round pick + 5th round pick over Roquan (not to even mention how not having Roquan helped secure the 1st overall pick), so it's already a big win. The only way it possibly could not be is if Edmunds suddenly starts to suck.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nagy loves to tout senior bowl guys. I don't think many people are actually projecting Steen that high. I think he'll be a 3rd-4th round pick.
Well that and Alabama OL tend to be busts more so than hits.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Roquan is a damn good LB. The Bears became a lot less talented defense when he left. He should be able to play in any scheme and thrived in a few games with the Bears this year in the new scheme. He also had games were he was not very effective and got caught up in the wash a lot. I have no idea if Edmonds will be a better fit scheme wise. Both of them are physically gifted athletes, just need the mental side of it to click. Look at a guy like Sanborn, he is not gifted like Roquan but always seemed to be in his assigned gap and make plays just the same. If Edmonds clicks in this defense, he is totally worth that money. I don't care what the numbers are cap hit wise each year, you also have to figure in the signing bonus and all of that for the total value at the time of signing knowing that some of that contract might not be paid out at the end. Roquan at 5 years 100 mil and Edmunds at 72 mil for 4 years both seem good for their respective teams.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Jesus christ. Stop feeding the troll so we can return to normal programming and the actual topic of this thread.
There can be more than one topic going at a time, but you're not wrong.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

The fact is indisputable, over the course of the next three years, there is not much difference in money. If you want to re-open the argument after three years, and the inevitable renegotiation of Roquans contract, have at it.

They got two starting linebackers and a 2nd round draft choice for about the same price. Dicklicker (Rip ommy)

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is why I don't get the Lions look good on paper thing. To me that's not nearly as impressive as everybody seems to be making it out to be. Yeah, there's recognizable names there, but not seeing anything above average.

still got 25 mil of Cap.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I had a dream last night that we traded up from 9 to 3 and drafted the OL from TCU 3rd overall (Avila?).

"Those NIGHTMARES, Ma.." ... I woke up mad as hell :mad:

Nelly

Liked Posts:
This is why I don't get the Lions look good on paper thing. To me that's not nearly as impressive as everybody seems to be making it out to be. Yeah, there's recognizable names there, but not seeing anything above average.
It's not so much about who they signed in isolation. It's that they used free agency wisely to address their weakest position group on a team that's young and ascending. And i don't believe they lost a single good player that couldn't be replaced. The only guys i'm aware of that they lost were Jamaal Williams and D.J. Chark but it's not like those guys are great players. Fletcher Cox too maybe? Not bad for a team that went 9-8 last year.

Then not only that but they have two 1sts and two 2nds to spend.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not so much about who they signed in isolation. It's that they used free agency wisely to address their weakest position group on a team that's young and ascending. And i don't believe they lost a single good player that couldn't be replaced. The only guys i'm aware of that they lost were Jamaal Williams and D.J. Chark but it's not like those guys are great players. Fletcher Cox too maybe? Not bad for a team that went 9-8 last year.

Fletcher Cox?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

He resigned with the Eagles. You’re probably thinking of the safety that got zero long term interest from any team in league, save for the Eagles.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

still got 25 mil of Cap.
Still have those high picks too but remains to be seen what is done with them. Right now though, I see no improvement in their weakest areas. Still would love to have those draft picks. Could do extremely well with them. It's a very good DB draft class so even though I know why they addressed that in FA, I'm not at all impressed with those that were signed and wonder if the fact they signed 2 CBs and a S means they aren't really looking to take advantage of the DB draft class.