**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Nelly

Liked Posts:
None of them that good. If I'm them, I'm looking to get 3 DBs in the draft. Their secondary was about the worst in the league so anything is going to look like an improvement but the draft offers many real good DB prospects. Also a good TE class so get 1 of them. Then you have to wonder can Goff put together another above average season and what if the main offensive weapon, St. Brown, goes down? Don't have much without him.
There you go Spartan, give him a taste of his own medicine!

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
Man really wish we got burns instead of Moore. Would have allowed us to take jsn at 9 then trade up in the 2nd for a rt.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's not so much about who they signed in isolation. It's that they used free agency wisely to address their weakest position group on a team that's young and ascending. And i don't believe they lost a single good player that couldn't be replaced. The only guys i'm aware of that they lost were Jamaal Williams and D.J. Chark but it's not like those guys are great players. Fletcher Cox too maybe? Not bad for a team that went 9-8 last year.

Then not only that but they have two 1sts and two 2nds to spend.

Yes but if you applied Bear fan logic, they are doomed because they didnt address their huge weakness in the DL. As if going into the draft with a glaring need is the end of the world.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you’re paying Bijan 15-17 mil a year, wow! There’s no reason to think him being picked 9 overall necessitates him getting that big of a second contract.

Now, should he earn that contract, you pay him. I mean, is it possible? Sure. Is it probable? Not really. Unfortunately for RBs, their value is bottoming out. But, to think that him getting selected 9th means a 15-17 mil contract? Nah, he will get what he gets based on what he produces relative to positional value. Come on now! You know that!

The salary cap goes up every year so in 4 or 5 years time then the going rate for a CMC type is likely to be 15-17m. If he is not producing at that level then it was a waste drafting him that high. The point is if you are going to blow a top 10 pick at a position with low positional value and plenty of cheap options in FA they have to be an absolute stud.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You continue to be an idiot. The last two years of Roquan's contract mean nothing. The only years that means anything are the first three. That is why the contract is "60 million guranteed". Run along now, take another off season "L" and take your vortex elsewhere. At the end of three years, Quan will either be extended, released, or renegotiated. The last two years are nothing but numbers on paper.

But yeah. lets talk about the last three years, and ignore the first two. Makes perfect sense, if you are an idiot.

Sorry you are confused. Your claim was that the poster was wrong in the numbers he quoted. This is incorrect. He quoted the numbers from the last 3 years and due to your poor reading comprehension you thought he was talking about the first year. So again you were flat out wrong.

I already responded to your point about the first 3 years. Quan will make 60 ie 20m a year those 3 years and then the Ravens will likely have to cut or trade him when he is still 29. By contrast, the Bears can keep Edmunds for 4 years because his cap hits are reasonable and he will be a FA at 28.

So again we signed a younger, better player per PFF for less and can control him thru his prime years while also getting a 2nd and 5th round pick.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
None of them that good. If I'm them, I'm looking to get 3 DBs in the draft. Their secondary was about the worst in the league so anything is going to look like an improvement but the draft offers many real good DB prospects. Also a good TE class so get 1 of them. Then you have to wonder can Goff put together another above average season and what if the main offensive weapon, St. Brown, goes down? Don't have much without him.
they are all pretty good, not claiming any are elite, just solid, and much better than what the Bears are trotting out there in their secondary. You are right however, the Lions did have one of the worst secondary's in the league, so upgrading it to respectful is a big step forward. As for St. Brown, that is almost like asking what happens is Cooper Kupp goes down, it would be a huge loss, but hoping Jameson Williams, now healthy, steps up. Plenty of DB talent still to be had in the 2nd and third rounds, the additions now mean they don't need to add one in the first.

My dream scenario is the Lions still acquiring Bobby Wagner in FA, taking Tevon Wilson @ 6 and Bijan at #18, then BPA the rest of the way out.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry you are confused. Your claim was that the poster was wrong in the numbers he quoted. This is incorrect. He quoted the numbers from the last 3 years and due to your poor reading comprehension you thought he was talking about the first year. So again you were flat out wrong.

I already responded to your point about the first 3 years. Quan will make 60 ie 20m a year those 3 years and then the Ravens will likely have to cut or trade him when he is still 29. By contrast, the Bears can keep Edmunds for 4 years because his cap hits are reasonable and he will be a FA at 28.

So again we signed a younger, better player per PFF for less and can control him thru his prime years while also getting a 2nd and 5th round pick.
What is Roquans cap hit in 2023?
What is Roqauns cap hit in 2024?

NOW STFU

Talking about Edmunds contract in 2026 is like talking about Khali Macks contract the Bears had for him in 2024......pointless

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Year 4 and beyond of contracts don't count, draft picks for a player traded mid-season are imaginary, and age,fit, and attitude are irrelevant.
Get with the real, amirite @nc0gnet0 ?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Year 4 and beyond of contracts don't count, draft picks for a player traded mid-season are imaginary, and age,fit, and attitude are irrelevant.
Get with the real, amirite @nc0gnet0 ?
Well, you did get Claypool with a second, or did I imagine that too?

I know this is hard on you, but yes, the Bears are still paying top dollar for a non-premium position