**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still have those high picks too but remains to be seen what is done with them. Right now though, I see no improvement in their weakest areas. Still would love to have those draft picks. Could do extremely well with them. It's a very good DB draft class so even though I know why they addressed that in FA, I'm not at all impressed with those that were signed and wonder if the fact they signed 2 CBs and a S means they aren't really looking to take advantage of the DB draft class.
You are nuts if you do not think the Lions vastly improved their secondary. They key here is, they did it with affordable contracts. Now they can focus on their D-line in the draft.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
He resigned with the Eagles. You’re probably thinking of the safety that got zero long term interest from any team in league, save for the Eagles.
Oh no, it was Michael Brockers. Haha. I was thinking old high draft pick DT. They were picked 2 picks apart from one another in the same draft.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
As long as Cliff Stein is negotiating the garbage contracts the Bears hand out its OK that they're less talented than Clemson and Michigan on the defensive and offensive lines.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
And another 1st round draft pick walks out the door, never to see a second contract.
Rinse, repeat.
But hey, build through the draft and all........
Roquan Smith, selected 8th overall in the 2018 NFL draft, replaced by:

Tremaine Edmunds, selected 16th overall in the 2018 NFL draft.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You are nuts if you do not think the Lions vastly improved their secondary. They key here is, they did it with affordable contracts. Now they can focus on their D-line in the draft.
Sutton is a good signing but Moseley can’t stay healthy and was actually terrible during the Niners SB appearance season. CJ has been considered a locker room issue in his past. Might be why no team made a push to sign him long term for the money he wanted.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sutton is a good signing but Moseley can’t stay healthy and was actually terrible during the Niners SB appearance season. CJ has been considered a locker room issue in his past. Might be why no team made a push to sign him long term for the money he wanted.
Mosely costs peanuts, 4 mil. if he can stay healthy, he fits in well covering the slot.
Cj had 6 picks in 11 starts, and Opponents had just a 63.8 passer rating when targeting him, he can play any position in the back field. he plays with attitude, but I have not heard of him being a problem in the locker room.
Sutton is just an all around solid corner.
Lions get back Tracey Walker, who was out all of last year.
Kirby Joseph should continue to improve on his rookie year.
Not sure what to expect of Okudah, but he has slowly been improving, had one game where he totally shut down Justin Jefferson.
Add in a little more pass rush, and this could be a top 15 unit.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I am saying the Bears went from having the highest paid LB to having the 4th highest paid LB. The difference over three years is only 5 mil. Not hard to understand. The rest is just noise. You act like the Ravens are a shit franchise that don't know what they are doing?
So, TE is cheaper, younger, longer, not a head case, graded out better last season and will likely fulfill his 4 year contract, while, by your own statement, RS will be more expensive and likely out of BAL after 3 seasons.

Not sure how you don't get it.

I mean that doesn't even factor in that RS cost BALT a 2nd and 5th rnd pick.

Like I said, win Bears and Cliff Stein.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
None of them that good. If I'm them, I'm looking to get 3 DBs in the draft. Their secondary was about the worst in the league so anything is going to look like an improvement but the draft offers many real good DB prospects. Also a good TE class so get 1 of them. Then you have to wonder can Goff put together another above average season and what if the main offensive weapon, St. Brown, goes down? Don't have much without him.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The picks are irrelevant in this discussion. Roquan had value to the Ravens at the time of the trade due to the fact they were getting him for 1/2 a year at virtually nothing.
By your logic the Lions traded Matt Stafford for Jared Goff straight up. I mean since the picks were irrelevant. Sometimes your stupid is palpable.