**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol. Good times, I remember all the posts criticizing Poles for letting this bum walk and saying he was playing amazing for Minnesota. Minnesota made no effort to re-sign him and here he is signing a meager deal with another crappy defense. @JordanSigler thoughts?
Minnesota is rebuilding

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
they are all pretty good, not claiming any are elite, just solid, and much better than what the Bears are trotting out there in their secondary. You are right however, the Lions did have one of the worst secondary's in the league, so upgrading it to respectful is a big step forward. As for St. Brown, that is almost like asking what happens is Cooper Kupp goes down, it would be a huge loss, but hoping Jameson Williams, now healthy, steps up. Plenty of DB talent still to be had in the 2nd and third rounds, the additions now mean they don't need to add one in the first.

My dream scenario is the Lions still acquiring Bobby Wagner in FA, taking Tevon Wilson @ 6 and Bijan at #18, then BPA the rest of the way out.
Admittedly forgot about Williams. Yeah, still have to see how he comes along. I had thought he'd be real good when drafted. Can't disagree with the fact that the Bears secondary isn't much better. However, the Lions are in a far better draft position to address the secondary than the Bears are so that's why I don't see why the Lions went so DB heavy in Free Agency with such a good DB class in the draft and 5 rather high picks to reel them in. They'd be nuts to pass up on the top corners like Witherspoon, Gonzalez and Porter. Figure they'll have a chance to draft any of the 3 and possibly 2 chances to draft 2 of the 3. Also some good Safeties available in first 2 rounds.

Oh, boy, would I hate to see Bijan go to the Lions. LMAO.

*Tyree

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well, you did get Claypool with a second, or did I imagine that too?

I know this is hard on you, but yes, the Bears are still paying top dollar for a non-premium position
Wow, I didn't think about Claypool. Since you say draft picks given for players midseason like Roquan Smith are irrelevant, are you saying the Bears got Claypool for nothing?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pretty much agree. Between Claypool and Mooney, I think only 1 of them gets extended so whomever looks best.

This is exactly how I feel. Let them battle it out. Pay the winner after the season. Draft a rookie to develop in case neither steps up.

Right now statistically they’re almost the same after three years.

Saw some guy on Twitter talking about signing Mooney now for 15 mil a year. Fuck that.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Admittedly forgot about Williams. Yeah, still have to see how he comes along. I had thought he'd be real good when drafted. Can't disagree with the fact that the Bears secondary isn't much better. However, the Lions are in a far better draft position to address the secondary than the Bears are so that's why I don't see why the Lions went so DB heavy in Free Agency with such a good DB class in the draft and 5 rather high picks to reel them in. They'd be nuts to pass up on the top corners like Witherspoon, Gonzalez and Porter. Figure they'll have a chance to draft any of the 3 and possibly 2 chances to draft 2 of the 3. Also some good Safeties available in first 2 rounds.

Oh, boy, would I hate to see Bijan go to the Lions. LMAO
The secondary was easier to address in FA, leaving the D-line to address in the draft, it's a simple as that. Lions also have an ascending Safety in Kerby Joseph (picked off Aaron Rodgers three times).

I am taking the Lions OC over the Bears OC, any day of the week.

So tell me, who do you have more faith in drafting well, Ryan Poles, or Brad Holmes?

Oh, boy, would I hate to see Bijan go to the Lions. LMAO

Sarcasm?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
This is exactly how I feel. Let them battle it out. Pay the winner after the season. Draft a rookie to develop in case neither steps up.

Right now statistically they’re almost the same after three years.

Saw some guy on Twitter talking about signing Mooney now for 15 mil a year. Fuck that.
I like Mooney but not at $15 mil a season. But if that’s the going rate for Wrs in his tier then I’d take him over most since he already has that connection with JF.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
When you look at OTC's breakdown of the contracts, Edmunds's is more team friendly overall. Cap hit at the beginning favors Smith's contract by a few mil for the first 2 years. Cash paid out favors Edmunds

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like Mooney but not at $15 mil a season. But if that’s the going rate for Wrs in his tier then I’d take him over most since he already has that connection with JF.

They don’t have a connection though. They weren’t on the same page numerous times last year.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The secondary was easier to address in FA, leaving the D-line to address in the draft, it's a simple as that. Lions also have an ascending Safety in Kerby Joseph (picked off Aaron Rodgers three times).

I am taking the Lions OC over the Bears, any day of the week.

So tell me, who do you have more faith in drafting well, Ryan Poles, or Brad Holmes?
Well, let's just say I know who has the far better track record. LMAO

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This is why I don't get the Lions look good on paper thing. To me that's not nearly as impressive as everybody seems to be making it out to be. Yeah, there's recognizable names there, but not seeing anything above average.
Their QB still sucks

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When you look at OTC's breakdown of the contracts, Edmunds's is more team friendly overall. Cap hit at the beginning favors Smith's contract by a few mil for the first 2 years. Cash paid out favors Edmunds

The 2nd and 5th rounders the Bears got for Roquan dont count. And neither do the 3rd, 4th and 5th years of the contracts.

That's ncognetos logic. Which is to remove anything pro Bears that damages his reetarded narrative

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
None of the fa wrs got over 11 mil this year. Based on this offseason he’s worth around 3 years 33 mil

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The 2nd and 5th rounders the Bears got for Roquan dont count. And neither do the 3rd, 4th and 5th years of the contracts.

That's ncognetos logic. Which is to remove anything pro Bears that damages his reetarded narrative
Fair enough, we will only talk the 1st two years to appease that narrative.

cap hit/cash due
Roquan: 2023 9mil/27 mil 2024 13.5 mil/18 mil
Edmunds: 2023 14.687 mil/22 mil 2024 22.4 mil/20 mil

So cap hit wise it leans Roquan the first two year, actual cash paid out favors Edmunds the first two years

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
None of the fa wrs got over 11 mil this year. Based on this offseason he’s worth around 3 years 33 mil
He shouldn’t get the $15 mil if the Bears extended before start of season. But who knows what that price might jump to if they wait and be begins the season hot. Most Wrs are divas and think they are owed everything.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
The salary cap goes up every year so in 4 or 5 years time then the going rate for a CMC type is likely to be 15-17m. If he is not producing at that level then it was a waste drafting him that high. The point is if you are going to blow a top 10 pick at a position with low positional value and plenty of cheap options in FA they have to be an absolute stud.
Oh, so this is a big ole what if he doesn't perform the way he's supposed to. Yeah, that's a common theme with the draft. He's as surefire of a pick there is in this draft. So, if he turns out to be worth the value, great, and, if not, then oh well. He is the best pick for 9 that we could take to have a 3-headed monster of Fields, Moore, and Robinson with Claypool, Money, and Kmet as a great supporting cast. We also have Tongyan, so that is a good look for what we could potentially do.

My point being is that every position drafted may crap out. It's the nature of the draft. If CMC is worth 15-17 mil in a half a decade, why wouldn't Bijan be? This is a little to hypothetical to be the point you want to make, but I get why you're saying it since you're mired in the value/money ball side of football metrics with your position. Whereas, I'm seeing it as the player and his ability is what you draft. Also, we can get OT in the 2nd and 3rd that can play in the system. There's nothing like BR anywhere else in the draft. Nothing. Shit, I'd take him over JSN any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.