**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
None of the fa wrs got over 11 mil this year. Based on this offseason he’s worth around 3 years 33 mil
Allen Lazard's best season was 2022- 60 catches, 788 yards
Jakobi Myers' best season was 2021- 83 catches, 866 yards
Mooney's best season was also 2021- 81 catches, 1055 yards

Those are the 2 WRs that got 11M/year contracts. Mooney's younger than both. Obviously, coming off an injury complicates things, but I do think he should get more than both of those guys. But no reason for the Bears to sign him now. No reason for Mooney to accept an offer in that ballpark right now either, unless he really likes Chicago.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is exactly how I feel. Let them battle it out. Pay the winner after the season. Draft a rookie to develop in case neither steps up.

Right now statistically they’re almost the same after three years.

Saw some guy on Twitter talking about signing Mooney now for 15 mil a year. Fuck that.

I am inclined to draft JSN. Would not extend Mooney or Claypool for much more than what Meyers got ie 11-12m a year. Also would not extend Kmet for more than 7m a year or for more than what Dean got ie 13m a year.

If thay means they all walk then no biggie, I just let them and then cash in on a bunch of comp picks in 2025 to go along with the 2 3rds I get once Cunningham gets a GM gig.

All thise guys are good role players but no need to overpay them IMO given the draft cap we will likely have.

Allen Lazard's best season was 2022- 60 catches, 788 yards
Jakobi Myers' best season was 2021- 83 catches, 866 yards
Mooney's best season was also 2021- 81 catches, 1055 yards

Those are the 2 WRs that got 11M/year contracts. Mooney's younger than both. Obviously, coming off an injury complicates things, but I do think he should get more than both of those guys. But no reason for the Bears to sign him now. No reason for Mooney to accept an offer in that ballpark right now either, unless he really likes Chicago.

His issue is with Moore and Clay he is unlikely to get 1k yards again so even if he waits a year he is looking at 700-900 yards which will put him in that Meyers range unless a team is desperate. If he still manages to get 1k yards then sure price goes up.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
By your logic the Lions traded Matt Stafford for Jared Goff straight up. I mean since the picks were irrelevant. Sometimes your stupid is palpable.
Did I include Roquans 2022 cap hit or cost to the Ravens in my argument?
No?
You do realize Roquan actually did play for the Ravens last year, don't you?
You want to figure that into the cost equation? I guarantee you won't like the results.
Sometimes YOUR stupid is palpable.
Newsflash, you are still paying top dollar to a non premium position.
Maybe spend it on a legit O-line?

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What is Roquans cap hit in 2023?
What is Roqauns cap hit in 2024?

NOW STFU

Talking about Edmunds contract in 2026 is like talking about Khali Macks contract the Bears had for him in 2024......pointless

Again you seem confused. You lied about what the poster said. He was not incorrect. If you dont care about the later years of the contract then say that but dont lie about what others said.

If he is cut in 2026, he will have a 15m cap hit while playing for another team. At one point you made fun of the Bears dead money so no idea why you pretend like it doesnt matter now. His cap hits are 9m, 13.5m, 22.5m and 15m for 3 years of work. That is still 60m in total cap hits for 3 years of work so again 20m a year.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again you seem confused. You lied about what the poster said. He was not incorrect. If you dont care about the later years of the contract then say that but dont lie about what others said.

If he is cut in 2026, he will have a 15m cap hit while playing for another team. At one point you made fun of the Bears dead money so no idea why you pretend like it doesnt matter now. His cap hits are 9m, 13.5m, 22.5m and 15m for 3 years of work. That is still 60m in total cap hits for 3 years of work so again 20m a year.
3 1/2 years, why wouldn't the games he played in 2022 count? Oh, but wait, that changes things out of your favor, now I know why you want to forget about those games.....
and no, I didn't lie, I might have misunderstood, because why would anyone only mention the cap hits of the last years of a contract, when I was clearly focused on the present.

Regardless. My point still stands.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Well that and Alabama OL tend to be busts more so than hits.
Problem with that line of thinking I always dog out @Bust osu qb list

But if we’re going that route since two tackles top 10 are in bears reach historically how have the Georgia and osu ol fared in the nfl

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh, so this is a big ole what if he doesn't perform the way he's supposed to. Yeah, that's a common theme with the draft. He's as surefire of a pick there is in this draft. So, if he turns out to be worth the value, great, and, if not, then oh well. He is the best pick for 9 that we could take to have a 3-headed monster of Fields, Moore, and Robinson with Claypool, Money, and Kmet as a great supporting cast. We also have Tongyan, so that is a good look for what we could potentially do.

My point being is that every position drafted may crap out. It's the nature of the draft. If CMC is worth 15-17 mil in a half a decade, why wouldn't Bijan be? This is a little to hypothetical to be the point you want to make, but I get why you're saying it since you're mired in the value/money ball side of football metrics with your position. Whereas, I'm seeing it as the player and his ability is what you draft. Also, we can get OT in the 2nd and 3rd that can play in the system. There's nothing like BR anywhere else in the draft. Nothing. Shit, I'd take him over JSN any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.
Yeah you are missing the point. Every pick has a chance to bust but my point is the value I need from a WR is less than what I need from a RB to make picking them top 10 worth it.

1. Top WRs go for like 20-25 million now so getting one for cheap for 5 years is more valuable than a top RB who goes for like 10-15m a year. Over a 5 year contract that is like 50-75m saved if I got a top WR rather than top RB.

2. If I get a WR that puts up 1k yards consistently as a top 10 pick I am pretty happy. If I get a RB that puts up 1k yards consisently I still am not that happy. I need that RB to put up like 1500 rush yards or near 2k yards from scrimmage to be satisified.

So this is basic economics. The problem of drafting a RB in the top 10 is the opportunity cost of missing out on a prospect at a more valuable position whose production is harder to find in FA and who cost a premium to acquire that production.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
3 1/2 years, why wouldn't the games he played in 2022 count? Oh, but wait, that changes things out of your favor, now I know why you want to forget about those games.....
and no, I didn't lie, I might have misunderstood, because why would anyone only mention the cap hits of the last years of a contract, when I was clearly focused on the present.

Regardless. My point still stands.

Because we are talking extending Quan vs signing Edmunds as a FA. If I wanted to bring in 2022 I would note keeping Quan likely means no No 1 pick for the Bears and having Quan still resulted in the same 1st round exit Ravens would have endured without him. So Bears still better off getting the draft picks and not having Quan get us an extra win somewhere.

We are not paying top dollar. Top dollar is 20m a year. We are paying the 4th highest AAV for the 5th best LB per PFF so pretty much right around his value. Ravens are paying No 1 AAV for the No 21 LB per PFF. And again we also have a 2nd and 5th round pick we would otherwise not have.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Depends how much of that slaary you take on. If Ballard wants it all gone, this may be for a third or 2nd.
Yeah but is $10M really even that much? For an upper tier player? Who you would likely re-sign to an extension and could bring that cap hit down?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
You've been corrected on this numerous times so i'm not going to bother saying it again.

The Bears have the cap space to front load the deal which is a smart move if you can do it. The Ravens are pinched for cap to try to retain Lamar so they backloaded the deal. Poles could have structured it to be backloaded if he wanted so it's not really comparing apples to apples. As said, I'd much rather have Edmunds' deal in 3 years when he's still in the prime of his career and not having to worry about having to cut or restructure him due to his massive cap hit.

Good time to mention again, anyone in their right mind would take Edmunds + 2nd round pick + 5th round pick over Roquan (not to even mention how not having Roquan helped secure the 1st overall pick), so it's already a big win. The only way it possibly could not be is if Edmunds suddenly starts to suck.
Last comments are right on target.