**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Yeah but is $10M really even that much? For an upper tier player? Who you would likely re-sign to an extension and could bring that cap hit down?
I thought it was $19.7?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the issue is Poles likely has a price in mind regarding Oliver and won't go above that so Bears fans can be all warm and fuzzy inside.

Oliver is decent but more of 7-10m talent than a 15m talent

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
@Spitta Andretti look at this losers post history. Around the clock F5ing for a team he pretends he doesnt root for.

Soon as the Lions aren't as good as he's been saying all offseason, he'll be "gone because of work"

Convenient that lined up with a 1-6 start for the Lolions last season

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Soon as the Lions aren't as good as he's been saying all offseason, he'll be "gone because of work"

Convenient that lined up with a 1-6 start for the Lolions last season
Holy shit i already forgot about that. Off-season chest pounding and then a couple months of pretend life. The best part is it was all so predictable. I know this is the internet and everyone is anonymous but i wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if i displayed such clockwork, blatant cowardice.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is really not that hard. The trade equity is illrelevant to this conversation. The Ravens gave up a 2nd and a 5th to have Roquan in 2022 and only had to pay him peanuts. That ship has sailed. Never said it was a bad move. Not once. Your also making assumptions that can not be proven as it pertains to this years draft pick. There are many ways to "tank". You can say if the Bears would have had Roquan, they would have won more games? Maybe? Butterfly effect. I can also say, if the Bears would not have aquired a 2nd round pick in that trade, they would not have turned around and traded thier 2nd round pick for deadweight Claypool.

It has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation, until you hop in moving goal posts and trying your damdest to vortex this.

The overwhelming concensus on CCS at the time of the trade was that is too much money to pay for a non premium position.

Both Edmunds and Roquan negotitated new contracts after the close of 2022. Everything that happened prior is mute. The only comparison that is now trying to be made is between the two contracts. Why? I don't know. Two completely different issues. Never intended to argue which contract was better, which player is better, blah blah blah, that is all subjective and can never really be examined until after the contracts have expired and performances evaulated.

Newsflash, you are still paying top dollar to a non premium position.
Maybe spend it on a legit O-line?

Are you drunk? You are the one that said we should take into account 2022 performance but now saying they both signed contracts after 2022 and that everything that happened prior is mute. So make up your mind.

The Bears contract is a better contract. That is the point. The overwhelming consensus was that making him the top paid LB was too much. 18m does not make Edmunds the top paid LB so your comparison is dumb. 20m > 18m. Like not even sure what your point is. A lot of people would have been fine with Quan at 18m. The issue was he wanted more jackass.

And again you are full of shit. You clearly argue that Sewell is better than Jones rather than saying well let's see how their performance over their rookie contracts play out.

So fine let's wait. So shut the fuck up then about all the Lions players you claim are studs until they play out the entirety of their contracts since it is subjective.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Take out Claypool and add Marv ‘24
This i believe is the most likely scenario.

Hopefully that Carolina pick is high enough that the bears dont have to trade up for him.

I also would be very happy if poles re-signed mooney to a team friendly deal prior to the 2023 season. Marvin Harrison, Mooney and Moore would be a crazy good set of route runners

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
So Johnson in round one and Wypler in round three
Trade down with New England, get 14 and 73 (future pick maybe as well)
Trade up to 30 with the Eagles by using 2 of the 3 picks between 53-64

14 Jaxon Smith-Njigba
30 Dawand Jones
61 Zach Harrison
73 Luke Wypler
4th Ronnie Hickman
5th Cameron Brown

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
This is interesting. Old vets that are cap casualties are not really what Poles has been looking for.

We’ll see but I’d think a few contract extensions would be in order. Kmet?
There will be a few guys in that 25 to 28 year old range, perhaps Kenny Moore from Indy??