**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Ed Oliver is a very good DT. He's not the all-pro that the Bills were hoping for when they drafted him #9 overall, but he's been a quality starter in the NFL for 4 years now. If he's going to become a cap casualty for the Bills, other teams will be making trade offers, and trading away a mid to late round pick to make sure you get him seems like a reasonable price.
Would love to get him for a late pick. Just saying he’s not currently a top 10 3T.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Would love to get him for a late pick. Just saying he’s not currently a top 10 3T.
Well, Oliver will be playing on his 5th-year option. The only way Buffalo can get any type of cap relief is to trade him. The contract is guaranteed.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you drunk? You are the one that said we should take into account 2022 performance but now saying they both signed contracts after 2022 and that everything that happened prior is mute. So make up your mind.

The Bears contract is a better contract. That is the point. The overwhelming consensus was that making him the top paid LB was too much. 18m does not make Edmunds the top paid LB so your comparison is dumb. 20m > 18m. Like not even sure what your point is. A lot of people would have been fine with Quan at 18m. The issue was he wanted more jackass.

And again you are full of shit. You clearly argue that Sewell is better than Jones rather than saying well let's see how their performance over their rookie contracts play out.

So fine let's wait. So shut the fuck up then about all the Lions players you claim are studs until they play out the entirety of their contracts since it is subjective.
Newsflash, you are still paying top dollar to a non premium position.
Maybe spend it on a legit O-line?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy shit i already forgot about that. Off-season chest pounding and then a couple months of pretend life. The best part is it was all so predictable. I know this is the internet and everyone is anonymous but i wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if i displayed such clockwork, blatant cowardice.
woof woof

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Sounds exactly like something i’d say if he was negotiating for me and i wanted to lie about it..
No, that is worded for plausible deniability.

Ken Francis was talking around the subjects of what Lamar wants, or something to that tune. Classic gray area where a specific activity is not expressly disallowed, and the league is calling it out for BS.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I don’t understand the mentality of a player not wanting an agent. Sure, you pay the commission but it can be more than worth it if you go with someone who is good and who you trust, who can ultimately secure what you want contractually.

I know how to add and how to read the tax code, but I still like to hire my tax accountant to file my taxes for me.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This i believe is the most likely scenario.

Hopefully that Carolina pick is high enough that the bears dont have to trade up for him.

I also would be very happy if poles re-signed mooney to a team friendly deal prior to the 2023 season. Marvin Harrison, Mooney and Moore would be a crazy good set of route runners
I've got a feeling a lot of people are going to be disappointed when the Panthers pick in the mid-teens.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I've got a feeling a lot of people are going to be disappointed when the Panthers pick in the mid-teens.
More “disappointed” then picking in the top 10, but Bears will still have two first round picks. They can find great talent no matter where they pick. That’s the important take away.