**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Yeah you are missing the point.
Nah, I got it.
Every pick has a chance to bust
Exactly. We agree.
but my point is the value I need from a WR is less than what I need from a RB to make picking them top 10 worth it.
Fair enough. Two issues here. First, reality. In this draft, I doubt there is a single WR that gets 1,000 yards this year. I don’t see it. So, I get it that you’re using a hypothetical and all that, but, even for a hypothetical, the existing parameters of this draft negate it. I’d also add OL in the first isn’t anywhere near as talented as last year. We can get OL talent for our scheme later on. Now, as far as DL goes, it’s a deep draft there, so again, we can acquire them later on.

Second, and which you develop as the crux of your argument, is a lens whereby the talent of the player is second to value. Again, fair enough except when the talent transcends the value. BR’a does.
1. Top WRs go for like 20-25 million now so getting one for cheap for 5 years is more valuable than a top RB who goes for like 10-15m a year. Over a 5 year contract that is like 50-75m saved if I got a top WR rather than top RB.

2. If I get a WR that puts up 1k yards consistently as a top 10 pick I am pretty happy. If I get a RB that puts up 1k yards consisently I still am not that happy.
I need that RB to put up like 1500 rush yards or near 2k yards from scrimmage to be satisified.
1,500 all purpose yards is quite doable for Bijan. In fact, it may be his floor. The context of “rushing” wouldn’t be a threshold for his skill set since he’d be more of a weapon moved around the formation, much like Shanahan uses CMC in SF. If we were to draft BR, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him have fewer rushing yards than passing yards and see him in the slot which a different back in the tail. Again, we have to add context to your hypothetical.
So this is basic economics.
Nope. This is an economic equation relative to your interpretation of economics. The simple economics is value, and our disagreement is in how to apply, determine, and project it.

The problem of drafting a RB in the top 10 is the opportunity cost of missing out on a prospect at a more valuable position whose production is harder to find in FA

Again, if he were simply a running back, you’d have a valid argument here, but he’s a RB like Debo’s a WR. I’m looking forward to seeing what our OC could do with him, Fields, Moore, and the rest of the crew. And why? Because one can’t put too much of a value on a playmaker. Try finding one of them in FA. Dynamic playmakers don’t make it to FA. BR is one.

and who cost a premium to acquire that production.

So, as far as cost goes, what is the value of a dynamic playmaker? Now, put that under a controlled contract for 5 years and then one of the lowest franchise tags, and you’ve got yourself a deal!

Basic economics, bro. Value and all that jazz.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nah, I got it.

Exactly. We agree.

Fair enough. Two issues here. First, reality. In this draft, I doubt there is a single WR that gets 1,000 yards this year. I don’t see it. So, I get it that you’re using a hypothetical and all that, but, even for a hypothetical, the existing parameters of this draft negate it. I’d also add OL in the first isn’t anywhere near as talented as last year. We can get OL talent for our scheme later on. Now, as far as DL goes, it’s a deep draft there, so again, we can acquire them later on.

Second, and which you develop as the crux of your argument, is a lens whereby the talent of the player is second to value. Again, fair enough except when the talent transcends the value. BR’a does.

1,500 all purpose yards is quite doable for Bijan. In fact, it may be his floor. The context of “rushing” wouldn’t be a threshold for his skill set since he’d be more of a weapon moved around the formation, much like Shanahan uses CMC in SF. If we were to draft BR, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him have fewer rushing yards than passing yards and see him in the slot which a different back in the tail. Again, we have to add context to your hypothetical.

Nope. This is an economic equation relative to your interpretation of economics. The simple economics is value, and our disagreement is in how to apply, determine, and project it.

The problem of drafting a RB in the top 10 is the opportunity cost of missing out on a prospect at a more valuable position whose production is harder to find in FA

Again, if he were simply a running back, you’d have a valid argument here, but he’s a RB like Debo’s a WR. I’m looking forward to seeing what our OC could do with him, Fields, Moore, and the rest of the crew. And why? Because one can’t put too much of a value on a playmaker. Try finding one of them in FA. Dynamic playmakers don’t make it to FA. BR is one.

and who cost a premium to acquire that production.

So, as far as cost goes, what is the value of a dynamic playmaker? Now, put that under a controlled contract for 5 years and then one of the lowest franchise tags, and you’ve got yourself a deal!

Basic economics, bro. Value and all that jazz.

Well I think you are assuming we have the same evaluations on players. For example I think JSN can be a 1k yard WR and I dont think BR is a transcendent talent at RB. And therein lies the rub.

He isnt CMC because CMC had 2k yards rushing and another 645 yards receiving in college one year. If BR actually had production like that in college then I could undersrand but I am not gambling in the top 10 on a RB where I to have imagine all sorts of wonderful things he can do with the ball that he never actually did in college.

He may be like a Deebo but Deebo was a 2nd round pick precisely because his college production didnt predict the dual threat he would be and thus he did not warrant a top 10 pick.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Well I think you are assuming we have the same evaluations on players. For example I think JSN can be a 1k yard WR and I dont think BR is a transcendent talent at RB. And therein lies the rub.

He isnt CMC because CMC had 2k yards rushing and another 645 yards receiving in college one year. If BR actually had production like that in college then I could undersrand but I am not gambling in the top 10 on a RB where I to have imagine all sorts of wonderful things he can do with the ball that he never actually did in college.

He may be like a Deebo but Deebo was a 2nd round pick precisely because his college production didnt predict the dual threat he would be and thus he did not warrant a top 10 pick.
Okay, so this is a bit of goalpost moving. If you have a different valuation of his talent, that’s fine. I do think he will be a minimum 1,500 all purpose yard back in his first year.

Of course, we are now fully in hypothetical mode. I go with having seen 4 or 5 games of him, watched the 49ers, see the system, and a big ole gut instinct. On top of that, watching him catch at the combine was a revelation.

So, to wrap, we disagree in him as a player. That’s cool. I think he’s a player worth a top ten pick and is the best talent in this draft. You don’t. Ce la vie.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fuck, trade Claypool and a future 6th for Oliver

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Okay, so this is a bit of goalpost moving. If you have a different valuation of his talent, that’s fine. I do think he will be a minimum 1,500 all purpose yard back in his first year.

Of course, we are now fully in hypothetical mode. I go with having seen 4 or 5 games of him, watched the 49ers, see the system, and a big ole gut instinct. On top of that, watching him catch at the combine was a revelation.

So, to wrap, we disagree in him as a player. That’s cool. I think he’s a player worth a top ten pick and is the best talent in this draft. You don’t. Ce la vie.

No goalposts were moved. I said he would have to be an absolute stud in order to justify taking him. Since I already said I would not draft him at 9 then it obviously means I dont think he is a stud.

I also didnt say 1500 all purpose yards. I said 1500 rush yards or damn near 2000 yards from scrimmage. The point is the hurdle is so high that only an absolute stud RB can meet it. So that is a small margin of error.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I don’t understand the mentality of a player not wanting an agent. Sure, you pay the commission but it can be more than worth it if you go with someone who is good and who you trust, who can ultimately secure what you want contractually.

I know how to add and how to read the tax code, but I still like to hire my tax accountant to file my taxes for me.
It's sure paying off for Tunsil.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
No goalposts were moved. I said he would have to be an absolute stud in order to justify taking him. Since I already said I would not draft him at 9 then it obviously means I dont think he is a stud.

I also didnt say 1500 all purpose yards. I said 1500 rush yards or damn near 2000 yards from scrimmage. The point is the hurdle is so high that only an absolute stud RB can meet it. So that is a small margin of error.
Leaning a bit much on that which was implied and subtext? Okay. It’s cool. Alan it from economic to talent now did we? Do your best.

And I said, 1,500 all purpose yards because
They wouldn’t use him the way you demand for 1,500 rushing yards, which, in a 17 game season, isn’t much and quite doable.

So, again. We disagree. Oh well. I am emphatic that Bijan Robinson is the best pick for the Bears at 9. You don’t see the talent. I’ll be happy to dismiss that since there are a significant number of highly respected people who do.

Sure, point out the stars you’d like, but the dude’s talented and bigger, faster, and better than CMC, more like a Faulk or Tomlinson. Taking Bijan Robinson at 9 would give the Bears a juggernaut on O. You don’t have to agree.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Considering how there's still a huge need for OL and DL, I don't even understand wanting a fucking RB at #9.
Don’t understand?

A bit much isn’t this?

There are plenty of OL/DL in the draft, especially since we use a scheme that doesn’t necessitate getting first round OL and can use later round picks.

There’s only one Bijan Robinson and what he can bring to the table. Having him after having upgraded the WR room like we have with DJ Moore gives us a powerhouse O. Scoring points wins games. Let’s win some games. Shall we?