**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
There are several outlets that have their grades out on the free agent moves for the Bears.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
Don’t understand?

A bit much isn’t this?

There are plenty of OL/DL in the draft, especially since we use a scheme that doesn’t necessitate getting first round OL and can use later round picks.

There’s only one Bijan Robinson and what he can bring to the table. Having him after having upgraded the WR room like we have with DJ Moore gives us a powerhouse O. Scoring points wins games. Let’s win some games. Shall we?
I understand you but who gives you the Longshot better? I don't want another player with first who's leaving after rookie contract. And by a rb it's very likely that they want big money (which I hate to spend).

I'm tired of signing old or expensive tackles in free agency or drafting in 5th round or later. Also, I don't want to speak about other guys and what it costs to get them like Tunsil. It's time to get our own stud. And studs are more often drafted in first round as in laters. This year seems perfect to me to go with an OT, due there are no other 'special' talents in our position to need.

With Poles it is time to look forwards and not backwards.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I understand you but who gives you the Longshot better? I don't want another player with first who's leaving after rookie contract. And by a rb it's very likely that they want big money (which I hate to spend).

I'm tired of signing old or expensive tackles in free agency or drafting in 5th round or later. Also, I don't want to speak about other guys and what it costs to get them like Tunsil. It's time to get our own stud. And studs are more often drafted in first round as in laters. This year seems perfect to me to go with an OT, due there are no other 'special' talents in our position to need.

With Poles it is time to look forwards and not backwards.
If it were a better draft at OL, I’d agree with you. It’s not. The draft hype is in a full machine now, but this has been regarded as not the best for OL. We have 2 first round picks next year. Marvin Harrison Jr. And a top OL could happen.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
If it were a better draft at OL, I’d agree with you. It’s not. The draft hype is in a full machine now, but this has been regarded as not the best for OL. We have 2 first round picks next year. Marvin Harrison Jr. And a top OL could happen.
How often did we hear this class is the best or worse?
Example mahomes draft class. Imagine when Watson wasn't too busy... Same time, what was talked about Goff, Mariota and so on.

It depends on what you are doing with your talent and how to develop it and I think, BJ would be a star today but will decline more and more as so many running backs today. When you take a 2nd rounder this year just to replace him next year, well, that sucks a little bit and sounds to a waste pick for me.

Im first time since many many years we can build around a QB. He got his weapons now it's time for his protection.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There has always been a decent amount of hype around this OL class’s top OT’s. Skoronski, Paris Johnson, and Broderick Jones especially. Now if you’re talking about someone like Wright who is getting slotted higher and higher every week I would agree. But the three I mentioned above have always been spoken of as top 15 picks.

It’s time to protect the QB. He has decent weapons now in Moore, Mooney, Claypool, and Kmet. Foreman and Herbert are good enough RB’s to get them through the season. Larry Borrom is not good enough. Paris Johnson could be our version of Lane Johnson.

Protect the QB. Sack the opposing QB. That is fundamental shit this team can’t do well enough as of right now. Fix the fundamental shit then move on to luxury picks.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I like Broderick Jones. I get the hype, but to me, he's the drop from Paris, Wright and Harrison. I think Harrison can do everything Jones can do, but IMO does it all a little better right now, except block in the open field on screens and sweeps and such. Harrison is the better pass blocker, with a better anchor, and a better run block on inside and outside zone. Maybe Jones has more upside, but it's not like Harrison doesn't have upside and he's already starting from a higher floor than Jones, TO ME.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
How often did we hear this class is the best or worse?
Example mahomes draft class. Imagine when Watson wasn't too busy... Same time, what was talked about Goff, Mariota and so on.
This is the general hit or miss nature of the draft. It's a lotto ticket. I remember that I, personally, like many, was not high on Mahomes, seeing him as a product of a scheme. I was wrong. It happens. Being wrong or right occurs. Now, as a hedge against that is consensus. I see it as consensus on talent vs. group think on value. With value, one can't discount playmaking and contribution over the structure of "positional value". In other words, it transcends "the box".
It depends on what you are doing with your talent and how to develop it and I think, BJ would be a star today
Exactly. A star on our team.
but will decline more and more as so many running backs today. When you take a 2nd rounder this year just to replace him next year,
There's no reason to believe this will happen. Now, should he take another superstar RB in the second next year to make the team even more explosive, applause should be given. One can't have too many weapons.
well, that sucks a little bit and sounds to a waste pick for me.
So, successful picks are wasted? Nah. I get the whole second contract argument, but this is football and it takes place in the now. Give me winning seasons that take pressure off of Fields to be the whole team and you've got yourself a deal.
Im first time since many many years we can build around a QB. He got his weapons now it's time for his protection.
He does not have all his weapons. He has 1 single #1 receiver, a bunch of role players, and two backs that have question marks at hands and one who has issues pass blocking. The other two would have issues making a different team's practice squad. Let's not lose sight of what Offense can look like from Miami to SF. We are just used to sucking on O.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
There has always been a decent amount of hype around this OL class’s top OT’s. Skoronski, Paris Johnson, and Broderick Jones especially.
Not really. Check the early evaluations, and you'll see that only short armed Skoronski was seen as a high pick. This was before the short arms came out. The relative value, or lack of it as I see it, has driven Johnson and Jones up the draft boards.
Now if you’re talking about someone like Wright who is getting slotted higher and higher every week I would agree. But the three I mentioned above have always been spoken of as top 15 picks.
Oh, I fully agree. Wright has good footspeed in the box, but he can't make the pulls necessary for our scheme. I like the guy, but we are going to have to pass on him.
It’s time to protect the QB. He has decent weapons now in Moore, Mooney, Claypool, and Kmet. Foreman and Herbert are good enough RB’s to get them through the season. Larry Borrom is not good enough. Paris Johnson could be our version of Lane Johnson.
I'm tired of good enough weapons. Let's stock up on playmakers.
Protect the QB. Sack the opposing QB. That is fundamental shit this team can’t do well enough as of right now. Fix the fundamental shit then move on to luxury picks.
I fully agree. I just think we can get the OT from Syracuse or Maryland, for example, in the 2nd. They'd both be fine for us. We need a RT. We may need a C. Otherwise, we are good. I still would like to see Dietsch, Eiselen, Thomas, or Whitehair given a shot at C. I'd like to see wht Ja'Tyre Carter could do at RT. I'm thinking Poles drafts his OL a year in advance for this team. We drafted 4 last year, one specifically to play C, and lost one. One is our starting LT. I'd like to see what the others could do.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Well I think you are assuming we have the same evaluations on players. For example I think JSN can be a 1k yard WR and I dont think BR is a transcendent talent at RB. And therein lies the rub.

He isnt CMC because CMC had 2k yards rushing and another 645 yards receiving in college one year. If BR actually had production like that in college then I could undersrand but I am not gambling in the top 10 on a RB where I to have imagine all sorts of wonderful things he can do with the ball that he never actually did in college.

He may be like a Deebo but Deebo was a 2nd round pick precisely because his college production didnt predict the dual threat he would be and thus he did not warrant a top 10 pick.
Eh, you're comparing counting stats. CMC had 2000 and 645 because he had more usage. CMC had 80 more carries and 25 more catches in his big year than Bijan did this year, mainly because A) Stanford was a run heavy team and CMC had more carries than his QB had passing attempts. B) CMC didn't have an NFL talent as his backup (to be fair, Bryce Love was a freshman on that team and did get drafted, but his career lasted exactly 0 carries). Bijan will have an OLDER backup that he shared all 3 years at Texas with.

But on a "per touch" basis, Robinson put up more yards per carry and more yards per reception this year than CMC's huge season. Yards per touch CMC did lead 7.0 to 6.8, which is due his more receptions having more weight on his touch average.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lmao. Paris Johnson has been considered by some scouts to be the #1pick if it wasn’t for the QB’s. Your Clemson LB’er is now showing up in the 2nd round in some mocks.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Lmao. Paris Johnson has been considered by some scouts to be the #1pick if it wasn’t for the QB’s. Your Clemson LB’er is now showing up in the 2nd round in some mocks.
Sure, some did, and most didn't. Fair enough. I have not seen one that did, so if you can post one, that'd be great. In general, the top 3 talents have been Anderson, Carter, and Robinson. The talent drop off is seen there. Now, the positional value drives up the QB to the top, with DL, and then CB. Yes, some say the OL, sure, but watch the CBs go off the board before the OL does. Maybe 2 CBs go before OL.

So, draftwise: probably 4 QB, 3 DL, and a CB, before us. Maybe I'm digressing, but, yeah, I didn't see anything saying Paris would be a number 1 pick. It only means I didn't see it, so can you send some.

As far as the LB I like, I've been talking to a Bills fan, and maybe they take him to replace Edmunds. I can see it. I can also see him heading to Baltimore or the Steelers.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sure, some did, and most didn't. Fair enough. I have not seen one that did, so if you can post one, that'd be great. In general, the top 3 talents have been Anderson, Carter, and Robinson. The talent drop off is seen there. Now, the positional value drives up the QB to the top, with DL, and then CB. Yes, some say the OL, sure, but watch the CBs go off the board before the OL does. Maybe 2 CBs go before OL.

So, draftwise: probably 4 QB, 3 DL, and a CB, before us. Maybe I'm digressing, but, yeah, I didn't see anything saying Paris would be a number 1 pick. It only means I didn't see it, so can you send some.

As far as the LB I like, I've been talking to a Bills fan, and maybe they take him to replace Edmunds. I can see it. I can also see him heading to Baltimore or the Steelers.
Listen I would love to get Bijan but since Poles goatfucked the RT spot in FA, there are just too many more pressing matters to address before RB. The DL market in FA was underwhelming so Poles really couldn’t do a lot there besides maybe sign another decent vet to an overpay.