**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
This i believe is the most likely scenario.

Hopefully that Carolina pick is high enough that the bears dont have to trade up for him.

I also would be very happy if poles re-signed mooney to a team friendly deal prior to the 2023 season. Marvin Harrison, Mooney and Moore would be a crazy good set of route runners
Don't forget JSN this year. WR's = Bengals 2.0

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
No you are getting lost. Go back to my post 8133. There were 2 points raised. I even numbered them 1 and 2. The first was a comment about opportunity cost. The 2nd was a comment about how a RB has to be a stud.
Oh, so did you explicitly state that you said that you didn’t think he was and were making this a part of your argument? No? So, implying it and subtext? Yes? Thank you. Moving on.
So the argument was always about both economics and talent.
Yes. You implied the second. Intentional or not, the further clarification brought out your point.
And you are overselling things.
No. I am giving you my perception. Yours is that I am overselling. As I said, we don’t have to agree here. So, no, I am not overselling things. You, through your lens, have an opinion that I am in disagreement with. You’re welcome to it as am I.
CMC, Fauk and Tomlinson were far more productive in college than Bijan.

Did you see this quote that refuted your point. I’m not sure.
Eh, you're comparing counting stats. CMC had 2000 and 645 because he had more usage. CMC had 80 more carries and 25 more catches in his big year than Bijan did this year, mainly because A) Stanford was a run heavy team and CMC had more carries than his QB had passing attempts. B) CMC didn't have an NFL talent as his backup (to be fair, Bryce Love was a freshman on that team and did get drafted, but his career lasted exactly 0 carries). Bijan will have an OLDER backup that he shared all 3 years at Texas with.

But on a "per touch" basis, Robinson put up more yards per carry and more yards per reception this year than CMC's huge season. Yards per touch CMC did lead 7.0 to 6.8, which is due his more receptions having more weight on his touch average.

I mean, a lot of posts happen, and you may have missed it, so, yeah, be a dear and take a look at it, mkay?!? Thank you.

So, to clarify your mechanical and reductionist juxtaposition of data (bit clumsy wouldn’t you say?), you can’t just compare numbers. The real world exists outside of the quantity of data you’re using.

So, to clarify, no inference needed nor subtext used, we should draft Bijan, because he is the best offensive weapon in the draft and would make our O lethal.

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
This is such a terrible idea.

Gibbs is small. He had drops at the combine. Trading up costs picks that can be used at better positions. Either draft Bijan at 1 or fuck it until way into round 7 and take Sardorick Thompson or Chris Rodriguez. Don’t blow picks to move up. Nah man. Bad take.
After seeing other posts and videos of bijan, I don't think the he is heads over heels better than everyone. He doesnt have the long speed and he has decent vision not spectacular. The difference in talent between him and Gibbs is far smaller than the difference in talent with Paris vs someone say bergeron from Syracuse. I would take Paris. Plus Im in agreement that building the trenches should be the #1 priority.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Not really. Check the early evaluations, and you'll see that only short armed Skoronski was seen as a high pick. This was before the short arms came out. The relative value, or lack of it as I see it, has driven Johnson and Jones up the draft boards.

Oh, I fully agree. Wright has good footspeed in the box, but he can't make the pulls necessary for our scheme. I like the guy, but we are going to have to pass on him.

I'm tired of good enough weapons. Let's stock up on playmakers.

I fully agree. I just think we can get the OT from Syracuse or Maryland, for example, in the 2nd. They'd both be fine for us. We need a RT. We may need a C. Otherwise, we are good. I still would like to see Dietsch, Eiselen, Thomas, or Whitehair given a shot at C. I'd like to see wht Ja'Tyre Carter could do at RT. I'm thinking Poles drafts his OL a year in advance for this team. We drafted 4 last year, one specifically to play C, and lost one. One is our starting LT. I'd like to see what the others could do.
I agree with the last comment above.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
After seeing other posts and videos of bijan, I don't think the he is heads over heels better than everyone. He doesnt have the long speed and he has decent vision not spectacular. The difference in talent between him and Gibbs is far smaller than the difference in talent with Paris vs someone say bergeron from Syracuse. I would take Paris. Plus Im in agreement that building the trenches should be the #1 priority.
Fair enough. I’m just not very high on Gibbs at all.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Fair enough. I’m just not very high on Gibbs at all.
We could go back and forth over why it is you actually believe this but judging from your above post, you have big time blinders on with Bijan. To say Bijan at 1 or wait till the 7th is profoundly fucking stupid. This class is loaded with backs that can make difference that will be available between picks 33-75. Guys Tajon Spears are going to be studs.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh, so did you explicitly state that you said that you didn’t think he was and were making this a part of your argument? No? So, implying it and subtext? Yes? Thank you. Moving on.

Yes. You implied the second. Intentional or not, the further clarification brought out your point.

No. I am giving you my perception. Yours is that I am overselling. As I said, we don’t have to agree here. So, no, I am not overselling things. You, through your lens, have an opinion that I am in disagreement with. You’re welcome to it as am I.

Did you see this quote that refuted your point. I’m not sure.

I mean, a lot of posts happen, and you may have missed it, so, yeah, be a dear and take a look at it, mkay?!? Thank you.

So, to clarify your mechanical and reductionist juxtaposition of data (bit clumsy wouldn’t you say?), you can’t just compare numbers. The real world exists outside of the quantity of data you’re using.

So, to clarify, no inference needed nor subtext used, we should draft Bijan, because he is the best offensive weapon in the draft and would make our O lethal.
Lol you were hyping him up and I responded saying he had to be a 1st ballot HoFer to be worth it. There would be no reason for me to respond in that manner if I actually think he was so you are being obtuse.

Yes and it is my opinion that you are overselling things. Bijan did not have the production that the other RBs you cite had. That is a fact.

I already responded to rawdawg and he did not refute my point. He provided reasons/excuses for why Bijan did not have the production those other RBs had. That does not change the fact he does not have their production.

If I say you didnt turn in your homework, telling me that is because the dog ate doesnt change the fact you didnt turn it in. The facts again are Bijan does not have the elite productiom that CMC, Tomlinson and Faulk had.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
We could go back and forth over why it is you actually believe this but judging from your above post, you have big time blinders on with Bijan. To say Bijan at 1 or wait till the 7th is profoundly fucking stupid. This class is loaded with backs that can make difference that will be available between picks 33-75. Guys Tajon Spears are going to be studs.
I'd say you can get some difference makers even out until the end of the 4th. I think guys like chase brown and Evans possibly will go in the 4th and be immediate solid starters

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Lol you were hyping him up and I responded saying he had to be a 1st ballot HoFer to be worth it. There would be no reason for me to respond in that manner if I actually think he was so you are being obtuse.
So, this is you agreeing you were implying. Got it.
Yes and it is my opinion that you are overselling things. Bijan did not have the production that the other RBs you cite had. That is a fact.
Reductionist. Yes. Ignoring the context. Yes. So, facts removed from context are not quite facts now are they?
I already responded to rawdawg and he did not refute my point. He provided reasons/excuses for why Bijan did not have the production those other RBs had. That does not change the fact he does not have their production.
No, that was a refutation. You missing it and not acknowledging the context doesn't change the fact that it was a refutation due to you ignoring context.
If I say you didnt turn in your homework, telling me that is because the dog ate doesnt change the fact you didnt turn it in. The facts again are Bijan does not have the elite productiom that CMC, Tomlinson and Faulk had.
This is funny. Again, reductionist argumentation. It is also a false equivalence. In case you don't know, that's a fallacy. So, no, I am not saying a lie to refute a fact, which would be the analogy you're giving; instead, I'm pointing out how your use of data is disingenuous and fallacious, intentional or not, due to you misusing the data. You ignoring the context of how things occur, the way things occur, and the reality of things is a closer equivalent to "the dog eating the homework" idiom you clumsily advanced. Let's try again, shall we?

The context of the way that CMC, who is slower and smaller than Bijan, getting his quantity is a different context than Bijan. And, actually, the fact that Bijan has less wear on him than CMC should also elevate his worth. So, once again, Bijan is a generational talent who I think is on the level of CMC, Faulk, and many others. You don't have to agree. Please try to avoid clumsily juxtaposing stats outside of context and without the epistemological foundation of reality. Thank you.