**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was listening to Move the Chains with Kirwan and Miller yesterday on NFL Network radio. An avid Falcons fan called in and was irate that Atlanta had re-signed Kaleb McGary. He was absolutely killing McGary in terms of his pass blocking.

I know fans are reactionary but Pat and Jim weren’t exactly jumping to McGary’s defense. The nicest thing Miller said was he thought the deal was reasonable for a starting RT.

Well known he is an elite run blocker but mediocre to average pass blocker. Similar to McGlinchey in that regard but came a lot cheaper as McGlinchey has had a longer period of that kind of performance whereas McGary really made a jump this past year.

Think he will prove a better signing than McGlinchey but Taylor probably ended up in best spot as his horrendous run blocking and good pass blocking is a perfect fit for a team like the Chiefs that doesnt care much about running.

Last edited:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Well known he is an elite run blocker but mediocre to average pass blocker. Similar to McGlinchey in that regard but came a lot cheaper as McGlinchey has had a longer period of that kind of performance whereas McGary really made a jump this past year.

Think he will prove a better signing than McGlinchey but Taylor probably ended up in best spot as his horrendous run blocking and good pass blocking is a perfect fit for a team like the Chiefs that doesnt care much about running.
Doubtful. Mcgary is the worst player and in the worst situation of those guys.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
More and more I think they will go CB/WR at 9 and address OL/DL in the 2nd and 3rd round. That or trade down from 9.
Personally I have a man crush on JSN and would love him at 9, but if they drafted Paris Johnson instead I'd be happy with that too. Just please no Bijan. They can't afford a luxury pick like that at this stage of building a competing roster. Just my 2 cents.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Doubtful. Mcgary is the worst player and in the worst situation of those guys.

Disagree. He will be in the same heavy run and play action offense that fits is 91 run block grade. Likewise Taylor is in a heavy passing scheme that suits his good pass blocking.

McGlinchey is in a system where his mediocre to average pass blocking is paired with a QB in Wilson that holds the ball fairly long and a Head Coach who is more known for his passing than running. All while making 6m more a year than McGary. Denver IMO is fucked.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I am on board with JSN as well even though I am a "trenches" guy. I think for 2023 we can make do with Braxton Jones and a FA RT
I'm with you, we can put up big numbers and put pressure on the other team to try and keep up, similar to Bengals & Chiefs who don't have tremendous "D's". I really want JSN - wow him, DJ, Mooney, Kmet and maybe even Claypool. Claypool has to realize he needs to show out or find a different profession soon, hopefully he shows up big.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The thing is you draft for the long term, if they feel that Mooney and/or Claypool won't be brought back after this season, you draft JSN on a rookie deal who will potentially (has every single key trait you look for) be an elite NFL receiver. I'm all for building the trenches, but if they take JSN I would trust their plan. Lots of 2nd and 3rd round picks to build the trenches. It just depends how the draft unfolds and who they like.
Bump.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I really wish folks would would get off the Claypool criticism a little. The guy has talent he just need to get his head on straight, he has to realize he needs to show out this year or his career is over, if that doesn't motivate him cut his ass.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Some of the best Wrs in the game lead the league in dropped passes last year. A lot of them being simple catches. Whether if it’s a scripted combine/pro day or an actual game, dropped passes happen. It’s part of the game.
Yes but how large are his hands?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Personally I have a man crush on JSN and would love him at 9, but if they drafted Paris Johnson instead I'd be happy with that too. Just please no Bijan. They can't afford a luxury pick like that at this stage of building a competing roster. Just my 2 cents.
This is where I’m at aswell. The DL is going to suck whether they take a guy at 9 or not. Might as well get Fields more weapons. Paris is the smart pick but JSN would be fucking awesome

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Bears are not drafting the WR from OSU........even if he's still on the board in the 2nd Rd. You can "take it to the bank ". In this day and age, background checks are done on these players and this guy has some "creepy shit" in his background. Poles is NOT going to allow the culture he's building to be ruined. Do your own research on him. I'm not going to elaborate.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Bears are not drafting the WR from OSU........even if he's still on the board in the 2nd Rd. You can "take it to the bank ". In this day and age, background checks are done on these players and this guy has some "creepy shit" in his background. Poles is NOT going to allow the culture he's building to be ruined. Do your own research on him. I'm not going to elaborate.
Seems weird to make a stupid comment then refuse to elaborate. Be you though bud

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

Please define 'creepy shit' thanks.