**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Well known he is an elite run blocker but mediocre to average pass blocker. Similar to McGlinchey in that regard but came a lot cheaper as McGlinchey has had a longer period of that kind of performance whereas McGary really made a jump this past year.

Think he will prove a better signing than McGlinchey but Taylor probably ended up in best spot as his horrendous run blocking and good pass blocking is a perfect fit for a team like the Chiefs that doesnt care much about running.
? ? ?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

"It was mind-boggling, just pure disbelief," McGlinchey wrote. "I teared up a little bit because the words coming out of my mouth -- five years, $87.5 million -- were almost unbelievable."

Dude pretty much admits Denver overpaid him and no one else was that stupid to offer that much. Thank God the Bears werent this stupid.

Almost like Broncos front office is run by CCS meatballs just throwing money around.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Excerpt from the article contained in the tweet…

“CHICAGO BEARS

I don’t understand why the chatter has shifted to wide receiver and/or offensive line for the Bears since general manager Ryan Poles executed a flawless trade-back with the Carolina Panthers. The Bears will now pick ninth overall as a result. When Poles owned the top selection, it was Alabama’s Will Anderson Jr. or Georgia’s Jalen Carter in mock drafts. Not much has changed.

The Bears still require a young defensive stud to replace recent outgoing vets such as Khalil Mack and Robert Quinn. Poles hasn’t addressed Chicago’s need for a dominant EDGE rusher in free agency. DeMarcus Walker isn’t a needle-mover. A franchise well renowned for its rich defensive history, Murphy could become a legend in Chicago.”

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

The Bear picks:

“9. Chicago Bears (via CAR)

Broderick Jones OT, Georgia

Ryan Poles has *almost* made up for the abysmal Chase Claypool trade, and him being able to land Broderick Jones here at No. 9 in this NFL mock draft is a big reason why. While many have Paris Johnson Jr. as OT1, I actually think Jonas is the best prospect and has the most upside.

54. Chicago Bears (via BAL)

Adetomiwa Adebawore EDGE, Northwestern

Matt Eberflus has placed a value on the defensive line and adding the high upside of Adetomiwa Adebawore could pay big dividends.

62. Chicago Bears (via CAR)

Cam Smith CB, South Carolina

Chicago takes the best player available in Cam Smith, who should see the field early.”

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

The Bear picks:

“9. Chicago Bears (via CAR)

Broderick Jones OT, Georgia

Ryan Poles has *almost* made up for the abysmal Chase Claypool trade, and him being able to land Broderick Jones here at No. 9 in this NFL mock draft is a big reason why. While many have Paris Johnson Jr. as OT1, I actually think Jonas is the best prospect and has the most upside.

54. Chicago Bears (via BAL)

Adetomiwa Adebawore EDGE, Northwestern

Matt Eberflus has placed a value on the defensive line and adding the high upside of Adetomiwa Adebawore could pay big dividends.

62. Chicago Bears (via CAR)

Cam Smith CB, South Carolina

Chicago takes the best player available in Cam Smith, who should see the field early.”
He’s got JSN going to the Packers. Hell nah

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
CBS Sports Free Agency Grades…

Bears received an A.

“Bears

Committing $90M+ to linebackers Tremaine Edmunds and T.J. Edwards is an odd use of resources considering they just dealt the superior Roquan Smith because of his price tag, but there's no denying this team is much better across the board. QB Justin Fields finally has a legit No. 1 WR in D.J. Moore thanks to their trade down from the No. 1 pick. OG Nate Davis should help up front. And both RB D'Onta Foreman and TE Robert Tonyan should be rugged red-zone options.”

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I really wish folks would would get off the Claypool criticism a little. The guy has talent he just need to get his head on straight, he has to realize he needs to show out this year or his career is over, if that doesn't motivate him cut his ass.

Agree with the first sentence but the show out this year or his career is over comment is silly. And he’s not getting cut. ? He just wouldn’t get re-signed. But yeah, the dude has talent and put up two pretty decent years. I think he will be just fine

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Think these words can apply to QB1 going forward too.

And that’s not in any way a shot at Justin. This is pro beef block post. Also a pro keep adding weapons that can get open post. And a pro get rid of the ball post.

I don’t remember him running much at Ohio St. I think last season was an anomaly because his line and receivers were so bad and he’s willing to do whatever it takes to win a game and lift the team.

Unfortunately, Getsy saw what he can do with those legs. My hope is he uses his incredible ability to run as a way to break the will of a defense on third downs. I want most of his runs to end with him going out of bounds or with a slide.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t remember him running much at Ohio St. I think last season was an anomaly because his line and receivers were so bad and he’s willing to do whatever it takes to win a game and lift the team.

Unfortunately, Getsy saw what he can do with those legs. My hope is he uses his incredible ability to run as a way to break the will of a defense on third downs. I want most of his runs to end with him going out of bounds or with a slide.

It is clear he ran out of necessity and would prefer to use his feet to throw. The cat is outta the bag though so I think it has to remain a key feature of his game to put stress on the D.

Getting a D to commit to a spy or to play more zone for fear of Fields running when their back is turned makes the passing game a bit easier.

Think he also got much better protecting himself and suspect he will need to run less now that he has Moore. If he could get to 5-7 scrambles/rushes a game outside of QB sneaks or goalline runs I think that would be ideal.