**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Isn't that what we said about Dominique Robinson last year? Let's finish that experiment before we start the next one.

Why? He would likely be a 5th round pick. That is when you draft guys that need time to develop. The more lottery tickets the better.

Poles needs to work the phones for Jeff Simmons.

Likely would require a 1st. Doubt Bears want to trade the 9th so Lions probably best spot as they can trade 18. I guess Bears can trade down from 9 and maybe get an early 2nd then trade. That or would likely need to hope no one else offers a current first and maybe trade next years 1st.

Last edited:

napo55

Liked Posts:
Why do people always underestimate him?

Why do people always underestimate him?
Why do people overestimate him?

Grades:

Forthe Carolina trade: A. Would have been nice to score Carolina's higher second round pick, but bringing in an accomplished vet receiver like Moore was the cherry on the top.

For free agency: B, good but too much cash devoted to LB and not enough to the O and D lines. A litle disapponting given the huge cap reserve.

2022 draft: C-. A solid B for Brisker, a C for Gordon, a D for V. Jones, and an A for B. Jones in the 5th round. After that, picks 174 through 254 (6 picks), a D.

So let's keep an open mind. The coming draft will tell the story. Can Poles evaluate talent and manage the draft?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why do people overestimate him?

Grades:

Forthe Carolina trade: A. Would have been nice to score Carolina's higher second round pick, but bringing in an accomplished vet receiver like Moore was the cherry on the top.

For free agency: B, good but too much cash devoted to LB and not enough to the O and D lines. A litle disapponting given the huge cap reserve.

2022 draft: C-. A solid B for Brisker, a C for Gordon, a D for V. Jones, and an A for B. Jones in the 5th round. After that, picks 174 through 254 (6 picks), a D.

So let's keep an open mind. The coming draft will tell the story. Can Poles evaluate talent and manage the draft?

Hargrave - You really think he signs with Bears over SB contending Niners who offerred him 21m. How much would he want to play for lesser team and you willing pay it?

Jones - We spent 40% of the money spent on Jones for a higher ranked player with more sacks than Jones.

McGlinchey - Broncos paid 17.5m for worse pass blocker than Borom.

Taylor - SB champs gave him 20m so why would he sign for us and for how much more? Not to mention he is literally the worst run blocker in NFL per PFF.

Orlando Brown - only wanted to play LT and went to again a SB contender. Reasonable price for sure but again probably wants more to go to a lesser team like Bears.

McGary - He signed for a reasonable amount but again actually a worse pass blocker than Borom.

So who are you saying we could have gotten that was an actual upgrade?

Last edited:

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Why? He would likely be a 5th round pick. That is when you draft guys that need time to develop. The more lottery tickets the better.

Development usually comes in the off-season too. See how they handle the first year, work on the flaws you find in that year 1 tape and come back in year 2 with a more refined game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Likely would require a 1st. Doubt Bears want to trade the 9th so Lions probably best spot as they can trade 18. I guess Bears can trade down from 9 and maybe get an early 2nd then trade. That or would likely need to hope no one else offers a current first and maybe trade next years 1st.
It would start with a 1st to get J.Simmons.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Is it just me that feels like the bears are desperate for a center? Like more than any other position outside 3 tech?

I would love to see a stud there that Fields can grow and develop with

I think it’s absolutely a priority for Poles and I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t draft one out of Schmitz, Tippmann, Wypler, Stromberg, Avila or Scruggs. Forsyth is a possibility too.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is it just me that feels like the bears are desperate for a center? Like more than any other position outside 3 tech?

I would love to see a stud there that Fields can grow and develop with
I think it’s absolutely a priority for Poles and I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t draft one out of Schmitz, Tippmann, Wypler, Stromberg, Avila or Scruggs. Forsyth is a possibility too.

I think he will most certainly draft a Center but I think what Fields needs right now is a vet C that can help him with the protections. I think that is where he missed Patrick most of all last year as someone that knew the system. So think hopefully between Patrick and Whitehair he will have a vet that eases that burden some and then the rookie can take a year to learn the system and take over in 2024.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What about 9 for Simmons and 41?

I’d definitely have to consider that even though Paris Johnson is a draft crush of mine.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
What about 9 for Simmons and 41?

I’d definitely have to consider that even though Paris Johnson is a draft crush of mine.
9 overall? I would hurt on the inside if we tossed a first round for a talented malcontent.

Dude is a beast, I saw a couple Tenn games in his time and I like the way he plays. I just think that sending a top 10 draft selection for him is steep.

though it is hard to see Tenn using Simmons as added value to trading up in the first. Not enough picks between the two teams to justify sending a blue chipper in compensation.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Last edited: