**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Interesting comment about Freeland:

“Freeland did a lot of drills to simulate pulling across the line of scrimmage and was asked to pick up tennis balls on the way. He’s solidified himself as a top-50 pick for a zone-blocking-heavy offense.”

I thought Freeland would be a possible top of the 4th round pick for us but Pauline is as plugged in as anyone. Sounds like he could be a round 2 possibility now.
I still don't think he goes top 50, but if he does and causes better players to fall I'm all for it. Freeland had a great combine but seemed pretty underwhelming in the senior bowl.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I still don't think he goes top 50, but if he does and causes better players to fall I'm all for it. Freeland had a great combine but seemed pretty underwhelming in the senior bowl.
I don't think he does either but do the Bears take him at #53 if he doesn't is the question. Pretty sure his only issue that was spoken about during the combine was he needs to improve his strength because he gets beat on bull rushes. Everything else the kid is legit at and he killed the combine and his pro day.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fuck yeah!!!! Let's will this into being! Getting BR at 9 would give us the magic playmaker that our O is missing and allow for Fields to tear up the field. The newest trend I've seen with people discussing Bijan Robinson is discussing his rushing. Nobody at all is saying he should go as high as he's projected due to his ability to rush. It is his ability to line up all over the field and be a constant threat as a receiver. He is a playmaking weapon unlike anything in the draft. To dismiss him as a RB is just reducing him into a box akin to calling Deebo only a WR.

Right let's spend a top 10 pick to draft combo WR 4 and RB 3.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or they could be. I've got cousins with 30+ year gap in my family. My dad was from a family of 11 so there was a pretty wide gap in the kids, which wasn't really that uncommon for that time

Sure I have a cousin 20 years older than me that is older than his Uncle. Basically raised as if they were brothers as they lived next door to each other on generational land. Was just saying doesnt have to be first cousins but certainly possible they are.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Right let's spend a top 10 pick to draft combo WR 4 and RB 3.
No, let me get that math right for you.

It would be RB1
WR 2
Joker 1

I could see about a 1/3 or more of his touches coming from the slot. I'm looking forward to seeing him lined up trips right, between Claypool and Moore, with Kmet left, and one of our backs in the tail.

I thought you'd be better at counting than that. You good, bro?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

It would be RB1
WR 2
Joker 1

I could see about a 1/3 or more of his touches coming from the slot. I'm looking forward to seeing him lined up trips right, between Claypool and Moore, with Kmet left, and one of our backs in the tail.

Don't look forward to it too much because you are going to be disappointed

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

It would be RB1
WR 2
Joker 1

Umm Mooney is on the team and a former 1k yard WR. He would be WR 4 behind Moore, Mooney and Claypool on a team that is likely to run more than most teams.

As for running he has to compete with Fields and his 7.1 YPC, Herbet and his 5.7 YPC, Foreman and his 4.5 YPC. So no guarantee he is better.

So yeah I am better at counting. He is unlikely to get as many touches as you think as you completely forgot about Mooney.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Biggs has some very unusual picks compared to most draft boards... 27. Buffalo Bills: Joe Tippmann, C/G, Wisconsin?? Joe in round 1? Really?
That pick wouldn't surprise me, especially for a team with fewer needs than average. Tippmann is a great combo of size, strength, athleticism. and awareness.