**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I don't think he does either but do the Bears take him at #53 if he doesn't is the question. Pretty sure his only issue that was spoken about during the combine was he needs to improve his strength because he gets beat on bull rushes. Everything else the kid is legit at and he killed the combine and his pro day.
I thought he did 22 reps on the bench and the comment was he showed good strength?

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I had to bet it would be on Lamar playing for the Ravens this year. Next most likely would be him sitting out and least likely would be some team giving up two firsts then agreeing to a fully guaranteed deal.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I can't quote posts. Sorry that was a test.

But I think that mock looks good from a couple pages back. I'm not a big Bergeron fan, because he just looks like a guard to me. Don't love him at OT, though maybe I would more on the right side. I'd also probably take JSN over Bijan if going non-trenches in the top 10 (I also wouldn't mind Gonzalez at CB, cant remember if he was there or not). Bijan is a much better prospect than JSN, IMO, but WR is more valuable than RB.

Also Blake Freeland is a guy I really like. He's in that McGlinchey, Spencer Brown mode. He'll be elite in the zone run game. He'll cut off the back side tackles, he'll get to the second level and catch a body. But his anchor in the pass game will always be an issue. He can be bull rushed, as all long, lanky OL can.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No, let me get that math right for you.

It would be RB1
WR 2
Joker 1

I could see about a 1/3 or more of his touches coming from the slot. I'm looking forward to seeing him lined up trips right, between Claypool and Moore, with Kmet left, and one of our backs in the tail.

I thought you'd be better at counting than that. You good, bro?
You do know that our play caller isn't Kyle Shanahan right? Hahaha JK

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Biggs has some very unusual picks compared to most draft boards... 27. Buffalo Bills: Joe Tippmann, C/G, Wisconsin?? Joe in round 1? Really?
Just remember that we've been looking at mock drafts from everyone from kids on youtube to shitty writers from shitty media outlets to so called draft experts to the great CCS family who all don't have the kind of info that actual scouts, coaches and GM's have because they don't get the sit downs with these players and aren't able to put these kids on a white board and everything else that goes into the pretty much year round work that actual scouts put into this process so don't trust where many of these kids will actually get drafted in the actual draft.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Umm Mooney is on the team and a former 1k yard WR. He would be WR 4 behind Moore, Mooney and Claypool on a team that is likely to run more than most teams.

As for running he has to compete with Fields and his 7.1 YPC, Herbet and his 5.7 YPC, Foreman and his 4.5 YPC. So no guarantee he is better.

So yeah I am better at counting. He is unlikely to get as many touches as you think as you completely forgot about Mooney.
You think I forgot about Mooney? Nah, man. Regardless of drafting Bijan Robinson, Mooney would be second on the boundary, and would compete for touches in the slot. DJ Moore would be at the Y more with Claypool being the big X, especially if they run with a 2 TE set or put a FB on the field. So, in the unlikely event that we do draft Bijan, he would be in the Wing/Slot and split out wide. With his skills with the ball in his hand, he would move Mooney to a part time slot role and a share time with the Y boundary.

In all seriousness, you think he'd have to actually compete with Herbert? Fuck out of here. Dude. It would be a foregone conclusion that Bijan would be RB 1 unless they moved him to a different spot on the formation. The moment they put him anywhere else, a D would have to make a choice as to how to defend him or Moore. There'd be single coverage on someone and a read that the D doesn't like.

Herbert would be herbed. 7.1 yard per touch carry -- with his hands, and his pass blocking? He's what people think of as a replaceable part as far as RBs go. With Bijan, paralleling how I saw them use CMC in SF, the backs would be on a committee and get touches as he was moved around the formation. You really think Bijan'd be #2 behind the back up level RBs we have on the roster? Fuck out of here! Come on now!

Herbert over Bijan ... That's fucking hilarious.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You think I forgot about Mooney? Nah, man. Regardless of drafting Bijan Robinson, Mooney would be second on the boundary, and would compete for touches in the slot. DJ Moore would be at the Y more with Claypool being the big X, especially if they run with a 2 TE set or put a FB on the field. So, in the unlikely event that we do draft Bijan, he would be in the Wing/Slot and split out wide. With his skills with the ball in his hand, he would move Mooney to a part time slot role and a share time with the Y boundary.

In all seriousness, you think he'd have to actually compete with Herbert? Fuck out of here. Dude. It would be foregone conclusion that Bijan would be RB 1 unless they moved him to a different spot on the formation. The moment they put him anywhere else, a D would have to make a choice as to how to defend him or Moore. There'd be single coverage on someone and a read that the D doesn't like.

Herbert would be herbed. 7.1 yard per touch carry -- with his hands, and his pass blocking? He's what people think of as a replaceable part as far as RBs go. With Bijan, paralleling how I saw them use CMC in SF, the backs would be on a committee and get touches as he was moved around thd formation. You really think Bijan'd be #2 behind the back up level RBs we have on the roster? Fuck out of here! Come on now!

Herbert over Bijan ... That's fucking hilarious.

Lol at you thinking Bijan would play slot ahead of Mooney. You a funny dude.

I will put money on the fact Bijan does not average 5.7 YPC this year.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Lol at you thinking Bijan would play slot ahead of Mooney. You a funny dude.

I will put money on the fact Bijan does not average 5.7 YPC this year.
Of course Bijan would get around the same touches as Mooney in the slot, though Mooney would, hypothetically, of course, possibly spend more time in the slot. With Bijan, it would be more of Wing and Mooney, more of a slot look.

So, just to make it simple, because, apparently you're having some issues, who would you rather have with the ball in their hands, Robinson or Money? There ya go.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Of course Bijan would get around the same touches as Mooney in the slot, though Mooney would, hypothetically, of course, possible spend more time in the slot. With Bijan, it would be more of Wing and Mooney, more of a slot look.

So, just to make it simple, because, apparently you're having some issues, who would you rather have with the ball in their hands, Robinson or Money? There ya go.

Umm no. If the Bears drafted Bijan, he would largely play RB. He may occassionally play in the slot to give teams a different look but the slot would be played overwhelmingly by some combination of Mooney, Moore and Clay.

So again Bijan would not be WR 3 like you claimed. He would be WR 4 at best. To pretend he is WR 3 over Mooney is delusional at this point.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Umm no. If the Bears drafted Bijan, he would largely play RB. He may occassionally play in the slot to give teams a different look but the slot would be played overwhelmingly by some combination of Mooney, Moore and Clay.

So again Bijan would not be WR 3 like you claimed. He would be WR 4 at best. To pretend he is WR 3 over Mooney is delusional at this point.
I’m not even saying 3. I’m saying 2. In terms of touches and use, he’d be used much like CMC in SF. He’d be split wide, in the wing, and in the backfield. Mooney would see the field in 3 WR sets, with it being Claypool, Bijan, Moore, Kmet, another TE or a back in the backfield when it isn’t Mooney on the field. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge Money Mooney fan, but Bijan is going to BIJAN.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m not even saying 3. I’m saying 2. In terms of touches and use, he’d be used much like CMC in SF. He’d be split wide, in the wing, and in the backfield. Mooney would see the field in 3 WR sets, with it being Claypool, Bijan, Moore, Kmet, another TE or a back in the backfield when it isn’t Mooney on the field. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge Money Mooney fan, but Bijan is going to BIJAN.
Lol I can wait for this season to play out as I really hope this dude lives up to all this hype. Wouldnt want you to go on suicide watch if he disappoints.