**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
That would put Simmons value at a late second and mid third, which isn't anywhere close.
Right. Simmons is at worst a mid 1st value. I think people probably haven't seen him play enough to realize his value. He's a pretty dominant IDL

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Right. Simmons is at worst a mid 1st value. I think people probably haven't seen him play enough to realize his value. He's a pretty dominant IDL
Yep, he's top 8 IDL for sure.

I think you'd have to give something like 9 and 103 and get back Simmons and 41 to even have a shot.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Just remember that we've been looking at mock drafts from everyone from kids on youtube to shitty writers from shitty media outlets to so called draft experts to the great CCS family who all don't have the kind of info that actual scouts, coaches and GM's have because they don't get the sit downs with these players and aren't able to put these kids on a white board and everything else that goes into the pretty much year round work that actual scouts put into this process so don't trust where many of these kids will actually get drafted in the actual draft.
All good points that we tend to forget or choose to ignore, after all it is bliss.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

I think you'd have to give something like 9 and 103 and get back Simmons and 41 to even have a shot.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Detroit just trade 18 straight up for him. It'd make a lot of sense for them. Bears would be in a better position next offseason to make a move like that.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

That's probably his true value, but trades rarely cost the full value of the player. There are other things involved like salary and potential big pay day that comes along with trading for Simmons.

That being said, the Titans don't HAVE to trade him, so they are going to want full value for him.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Give me Paris Johnson Jr. and called it a day in 1st round.m for the Bears.

Yup.. it's getting to be too much of a no-brainer. Everything already stated on top of the fact that Getsy loves guys who can play multiple positions on the line.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
That would put Simmons value at a late second and mid third, which isn't anywhere close.
Ahh. Yeah starting players go for first rounders unless there's some bigger issue at hand.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yup.. it's getting to be too much of a no-brainer. Everything already stated on top of the fact that Getsy loves guys who can play multiple positions on the line.

Which is why it won’t happen.

We all thought WR was a lock last year and got two DB’s.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:

It would be more than 9 to get back Simmons and 41. I highly doubt Tennessee would move him unless they are coming to an impasse on a new contract. Simmons is probably threatening of holding out unless he gets new paper. I don't think he's looking for Aaron Donald, money, but I'm sure he wants to get paid more than Payne (I think he's a better player so it's probably earned). Maybe they may have an interest in moving on from Simmons if Carter is on the board at 9 but that's probably wishful thinking.