**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is guaranteed but they have until the day before the season starts to exercise. Since it has not been exercised and paid yet, it would not count against the Packers cap if he is traded before it is exercised which would be the logical thing for them to do.

So it would only impact the trade if the a Packers were willing to eat it otherwise the Jets know they will have to take on the option.
Aaron Rodgetrs could choose the nuclear option. Retire now, then "un-retire" leading into the season. Then the Pack have no option but to release him or eat his cap (after the option is executed). And I beleive they would only have 24 hours to be in compliance.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hill. My response has nothing to do with waddle. It’d be like waddle’s response to Hill if he wanted an awkward relationship with a teammate.

Hill: wear 0 for how many times you beat me in madden
Waddle: or i could wear it for how many times i strangled and hit my pregnant gf
Hill: oh awkward

Ya. Idk. Hill just bothers me, that’s all. Then the kid with the broken arm story. If im mistaken or missed an update on these stories please let me know
Yes, unlike tyreek hill...that mustve gone over your head

Yeah honestly wasnt thinking in those terms as seems odd to take a joke about Madden and escalate to joking about domestic violence.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Checkmate. Jackson for the win.

Aaron Rodgetrs could choose the nuclear option. Retire now, then "un-retire" leading into the season. Then the Pack have no option but to release him or eat his cap (after the option is executed). And I beleive they would only have 24 hours to be in compliance.

To what end? Pack could seek the return of the option bonus for the years not played. They can also chose to cut him while retired and hence the 58.3m goes away. I would also be surprised if the contract didnt void the guarantees in the event he retires to prevent these kinds of shenanigans. Teams usually arent stupid to leave a loophole like that.

Last edited:

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah honestly wasnt thinking in those terms as seems odd to take a joke about Madden and escalate to joking about domestic violence.
I’m trolling tyreek hill. So if you know him, plz fwd. also let him know waddle can wear 0 for the number of broken arms he’s delivered to kids

Fr i just cant stand hill. If im wrong about his history ill gladly eat crow.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Checkmate. Jackson for the win.

To what end? Pack could seek the return of the option bonus for the years not played. They can also chose to cut him while retired and hence the 58.3m goes away. I would also be surprised if the contract didnt void the guarantees in the event he retires to prevent these kinds of shenanigans. Teams usually arent stupid to leave a loophole like that.
If they "cut" him when he retires, they lose all rights to him when/if he returns. You are confused because you don't realize the money is guranteed, only that it does not kick in until the beginning of the season. The 40 mil in dead cap are from previous signing bonus's and renegotiations. The only thing that changes with this 40 mil are accounting differences based on timing.

If the Packers cut Aaron Rodgers he will count towards $99M of the cap in 2023. If they chose to split that it would be $31M in 2023 and then $68.2M in 2024. Cutting Rodgers would doom Green Bay for damn near a decade and destroy the organization.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If they "cut" him when he retires, they lose all rights to him when/if he returns. You are confused because you don't realize the money is guranteed, only that it does not kick in until the beginning of the season. The 40 mil in dead cap are from previous signing bonus's and renegotiations. The only thing that changes with this 40 mil are accounting differences based on timing.

If the Packers cut Aaron Rodgers he will count towards $99M of the cap in 2023. If they chose to split that it would be $31M in 2023 and then $68.2M in 2024. Cutting Rodgers would doom Green Bay for damn near a decade and destroy the organization.

No I am fully aware it is fully guaranteed. Let us go thru this again.

1. His retiring is breaching the contract. This is why the Pack would be allowed to recoup all signing/option bonuses for years he did not fulfill the contract. You should know this as that is precisely what the Lions did when Sanders and CJ retired. Both had to pay back SB. So looking above that is over 40,313,568 that the Packers would be able to recover for 2023-2026 and in doing so they would get salary cap relief. So it would be a stupid game for Rodgers to play as he would then need to come up with 40.3m to pay it off just to then unretire.

2. If the Packers cut him, yes they would lose his rights but it would also mean Rodgers loses not only the 40.3m in SB that he could be forced to return but also the 58.3m in guaranteed option bonus. So he would be walking away from 98.3m that he would otherwise be guaranteed. There is no concept in contract law or the CBA whereby you can breach the contract but still force the other party to uphold the guarantees. That would the Packers choice not his. We know this because that is what the Packers did with Favre when Favre retired. They cut him while retired and when he came back he was a FA and signed with Minny. So that is a dangerous gamble for him to make.

3. Now let's say they want to retain his rights so they don't want to cut him. Knowing the games Rodgers plays, I would be shocked if they didn't have a clause in the contract that effectively voided the guarantees upon retirement. Teams have clauses like this all the time to guard against players being shady. So it is possible all guarantees void and then when Rodgers comes back the contract is an entirely unguaranteed one which would still transfer over to whoever traded for him. Here is an overthep article explaining the retirement is a standard condition that voids guarantees.

Teams that negotiate guarantees for players also negotiate scenarios in which the guarantees will void. Though these vary team by team there are some pretty standard void mechanisms that are used across the board. Such mechanisms include non football injury caused by performing dangerous activities such as sky diving, suspensions for personal conduct, steroid, drugs, or conduct detrimental to the team, incarceration, holding out, retirement, and doing something to undermine the team.

Now maybe the Pack are an utterly stupid franchise and neglected to include these void clauses but I doubt it. So no I think it is you that is confused.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No I am fully aware it is fully guaranteed. Let us go thru this again.

1. His retiring is breaching the contract. This is why the Pack would be allowed to recoup all signing/option bonuses for years he did not fulfill the contract. You should know this as that is precisely what the Lions did when Sanders and CJ retired. Both had to pay back SB. So looking above that is over 40,313,568 that the Packers would be able to recover for 2023-2026 and in doing so they would get salary cap relief. So it would be a stupid game for Rodgers to play as he would then need to come up with 40.3m to pay it off just to then unretire.

2. If the Packers cut him, yes they would lose his rights but it would also mean Rodgers loses not only the 40.3m in SB that he could be forced to return but also the 58.3m in guaranteed option bonus. So he would be walking away from 98.3m that he would otherwise be guaranteed. There is no concept in contract law or the CBA whereby you can breach the contract but still force the other party to uphold the guarantees. That would the Packers choice not his. We know this because that is what the Packers did with Favre when Favre retired. They cut him while retired and when he came back he was a FA and signed with Minny. So that is a dangerous gamble for him to make.

3. Now let's say they want to retain his rights so they don't want to cut him. Knowing the games Rodgers plays, I would be shocked if they didn't have a clause in the contract that effectively voided the guarantees upon retirement. Teams have clauses like this all the time to guard against players being shady. So it is possible all guarantees void and then when Rodgers comes back the contract is an entirely unguaranteed one which would still transfer over to whoever traded for him. Here is an overthep article explaining the retirement is a standard condition that voids guarantees.

Teams that negotiate guarantees for players also negotiate scenarios in which the guarantees will void. Though these vary team by team there are some pretty standard void mechanisms that are used across the board. Such mechanisms include non football injury caused by performing dangerous activities such as sky diving, suspensions for personal conduct, steroid, drugs, or conduct detrimental to the team, incarceration, holding out, retirement, and doing something to undermine the team.

Now maybe the Pack are an utterly stupid franchise and neglected to include these void clauses but I doubt it. So no I think it is you that is confused.
They both had to pay back only a small portion of the SB, it goes to arbitration. Yes, the option would void if he retires, but that does not mean that then the Packers could cut him after retirement. The contract is still valid. None of the 40 mil from past contracts would need to be paid back. FFS this has been in articles all over the web. That is money from past contracts in which the can was kicked down the road, old contracts tore up, and this new one in place. Besides, once he un-retires, it is all a moot point, he wouldn't have to pay anything back.

Stop with the " I am sure the Packers did this nonsense". Show me. And I am equally sure Aaron Rodgers agent isn't stupid either.

Rodgers would be forfeiting his rights to the fully guaranteed $59.465 million by retiring. He insisted that his decision wouldn't be influenced by the money because of the generation wealth he has accumulated from playing football. Rodgers has made over $300 million from his NFL player contracts.

The Packers would have $40,313,570 of dead money, a salary cap charge for a player no longer on the roster, with Rodgers retiring. The dead money would consist of $32.640 million in roster bonus proration and the $7,673,570 of 2023 bonus proration that already existed before Rodgers' new deal.

The $40.8 million was specifically designed by Rodgers' camp to be a roster bonus. Unlike signing bonus, the Packers don't have rights of recoupment for any type of contract breach, including retirement, after the 2022 league year with the roster bonus.

Rodgers' contract is structured in a manner where the cap ramifications get worse for Green Bay if he doesn't retire this offseason. Although $31,623,570 is a manageable 2023 cap number for Rodgers to stay with the Packers, the dead money takes a big jump if Rodgers hangs up his cleats after the 2023 season.

Green Bay would have to contend with $68.205 million of dead money in 2024. It would be composed of $24.48 million of roster bonus proration and $43.725 million of option bonus proration from Rodgers' 2024 through 2026 contract years.
As with the roster bonus, Green Bay won't have any recoupment rights with an option bonus past the year when exercised.

So once again, you are arguing about something you know nothing about.

Game/Set/Match

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
They both had to pay back only a small portion of the SB, it goes to arbitration. Yes, the option would void if he retires, but that does not mean that then the Packers could cut him after retirement. The contract is still valid. None of the 40 mil from past contracts would need to be paid back. FFS this has been in articles all over the web. That is money from past contracts in which the can was kicked down the road, old contracts tore up, and this new one in place. Besides, once he un-retires, it is all a moot point, he wouldn't have to pay anything back.

Stop with the " I am sure the Packers did this nonsense". Show me. And I am equally sure Aaron Rodgers agent isn't stupid either.

Rodgers would be forfeiting his rights to the fully guaranteed $59.465 million by retiring. He insisted that his decision wouldn't be influenced by the money because of the generation wealth he has accumulated from playing football. Rodgers has made over $300 million from his NFL player contracts.

The Packers would have $40,313,570 of dead money, a salary cap charge for a player no longer on the roster, with Rodgers retiring. The dead money would consist of $32.640 million in roster bonus proration and the $7,673,570 of 2023 bonus proration that already existed before Rodgers' new deal.

The $40.8 million was specifically designed by Rodgers' camp to be a roster bonus. Unlike signing bonus, the Packers don't have rights of recoupment for any type of contract breach, including retirement, after the 2022 league year with the roster bonus.

Rodgers' contract is structured in a manner where the cap ramifications get worse for Green Bay if he doesn't retire this offseason. Although $31,623,570 is a manageable 2023 cap number for Rodgers to stay with the Packers, the dead money takes a big jump if Rodgers hangs up his cleats after the 2023 season.

Green Bay would have to contend with $68.205 million of dead money in 2024. It would be composed of $24.48 million of roster bonus proration and $43.725 million of option bonus proration from Rodgers' 2024 through 2026 contract years.
As with the roster bonus, Green Bay won't have any recoupment rights with an option bonus past the year when exercised.

So once again, you are arguing about something you know nothing about.
Quit acting like you have shit clue how this would play out. To retire and then unretire and how that would affect the unique wording in AR's contract would be an unprecedented situation, thus you are just talking out your ass. Suggesting that he would retire and then unretire just as the season is about to start is moronic.

It's a stupid hypothetical, like "What if a fragile Bears fan was so butt hurt by a message board that he then pretended to or actually became a fan of a rival team, due to his damaged ego?"

Like what kind of loser would do that?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If you were to guess, who do you think he has rated as the 7 elite players? I'd think stroud, young, Anderson, Carter, witherspoon, Gonzalez, and one of PJ/BR/maybe JSN
Young, Stroud, Carter and Anderson are the easy ones. I think Bijan would be another. Then I'd say Gonzalez and my wildcard, Tyree Wilson.

I think Witherspoon, because of size, would be on the outside. Myles Murphy doesn't have the production. I still don't see Paris and JSN as elite talents. They are very close, but I think the are a notch down from the guys drafted early in the last couple years.

OT- Ekwonu, Neal, Cross, Sewell and Slater, I think are a touch better than Paris is coming out (though, he's pretty close to Cross)
WR- Chase, Waddle, Smith, London, Wilson, Olave and Williams, I would have rated higher than JSN coming out (not going to re-hash who Wilson and Olave said were better)

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Young, Stroud, Carter and Anderson are the easy ones. I think Bijan would be another. Then I'd say Gonzalez and my wildcard, Tyree Wilson.

I think Witherspoon, because of size, would be on the outside. Myles Murphy doesn't have the production. I still don't see Paris and JSN as elite talents. They are very close, but I think the are a notch down from the guys drafted early in the last couple years.

OT- Ekwonu, Neal, Cross, Sewell and Slater, I think are a touch better than Paris is coming out (though, he's pretty close to Cross)
WR- Chase, Waddle, Smith, London, Wilson, Olave and Williams, I would have rated higher than JSN coming out (not going to re-hash who Wilson and Olave said were better)
I thought about Wilson. Others view him different than I do. He'd be one of my least favorite picks the bears could make. I think I prefer van Ness to him honestly

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Ya-Sin and Floyd still look good to me as short term hole fillers. Grab them cheap and move on.
I'm irrationally annoyed that they split up the defense like that. Like it's so easy. 4-4-3 format. 3DL, 4 LBs, 4 DBs in a row together.

But yeah, I'm good on all these guys. The only FAs I'd really be interested in right now are Ngakoue and Cam Fleming. Otherwise, I'd be looking at post-draft cuts. Like are the Jets going to cut Carl Lawson after the Rodgers trade goes through? Is Indy going to cut/trade anyone? They have the cap space, but there have been whispers of them moving on from Ryan Kelly, Grover Stewart or Kenny Moore II.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I thought about Wilson. Others view him different than I do. He'd be one of my least favorite picks the bears could make. I think I prefer van Ness to him honestly
Yeah, I actually agree with you. I think the Bears would like Wilson though, based on their obsession with length. Don't come any lengthier than him and he looks like a pretty good athlete, but I don't see a double-digit sack guy in his future. I do think Van Ness can develop into that, though he obviously needs a bunch of work to get there.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I'm irrationally annoyed that they split up the defense like that. Like it's so easy. 4-4-3 format. 3DL, 4 LBs, 4 DBs in a row together.

But yeah, I'm good on all these guys. The only FAs I'd really be interested in right now are Ngakoue and Cam Fleming. Otherwise, I'd be looking at post-draft cuts. Like are the Jets going to cut Carl Lawson after the Rodgers trade goes through? Is Indy going to cut/trade anyone? They have the cap space, but there have been whispers of them moving on from Ryan Kelly, Grover Stewart or Kenny Moore II.

I don’t think Ngakoue fits Poles’ vision even as a hole filler. No length and zero ability to play the run…

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because it is a myth that he is a luxury pick. He is, for many, the top offensive weapon in the draft. Having him in on the team would mean we score a lot more points and win more games.

So, it is a complete fabrication that he is a luxury pick. He is a needed pick for Fields, as Fields needs weapons on O. He actually makes the most sense as a pick, other than the money ball RB group think going on.

If you’d love to have him, I’m sure Fields definitely would, too!
Is h that much better than Gibbs... to the same extent of a 3 tech or T difference from the top of round 1 to the bottom of 2?
Other than size, which will also ding his blocking, and is less important in our scheme, what does Jahmyr Gibbs not offer?

Last edited: