**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I don’t think Ngakoue fits Poles’ vision even as a hole filler. No length and zero ability to play the run…
TJ Edwards has no length and Andrew Billings doesn't have great length. I agree about Ngakoue's ability to play the run, but if you bring in him in as a designated pass rusher, I think he makes sense for 1 year. He's at least a source of sacks, which they don't really have on the defense.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I actually agree with you. I think the Bears would like Wilson though, based on their obsession with length. Don't come any lengthier than him and he looks like a pretty good athlete, but I don't see a double-digit sack guy in his future. I do think Van Ness can develop into that, though he obviously needs a bunch of work to get there.
Van Ness's athletic profile is much stronger than Wilson's imo, and the flashes he has on tape are great, especially I think in light of the fact that he is so raw. Like OTs know that he is going to bull rush or dip, but he still has the speed to power and punch to destroy them if their timing or balance is off just a bit.

I agree on Wilson, I see a good overall player without an elite ceiling as a pass rusher.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
TJ Edwards has no length and Andrew Billings doesn't have great length. I agree about Ngakoue's ability to play the run, but if you bring in him in as a designated pass rusher, I think he makes sense for 1 year. He's at least a source of sacks, which they don't really have on the defense.

I think Floyd is a better all around player. Ya-Sin makes them better too and he’s only 26.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He’s guaranteed salty 24/7.
He always screams about how fans dont understand what goes into being a NFL GM. If you ask him to take some time to further explain, he blocks you. He could easily educate people and create good dialogs but he would rather scream into the twitter abyss and then watch more youtube highlights of guys jumping out of pools.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He always screams about how fans dont understand what goes into being a NFL GM. If you ask him to take some time to further explain, he blocks you. He could easily educate people and create good dialogs but he would rather scream into the twitter abyss and then watch more youtube highlights of guys jumping out of pools.

He’s definitely not sure whether or not he wants fans on his Twitter “lawn.” I think his lawn is open to ass kissers only.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Somehow you think I mean to ignore OL and DL. Don’t know where you got that. Last I checked, Poles got out starting LT in the 5th round. We can get a starting RT in the 2nd. We can get DT there and later. We can’t get an offensive weapon the equivalent of BR in this draft. So, no, not mutually exclusive.
I get it but exceptions don't prove a rule.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Van Ness's athletic profile is much stronger than Wilson's imo, and the flashes he has on tape are great, especially I think in light of the fact that he is so raw. Like OTs know that he is going to bull rush or dip, but he still has the speed to power and punch to destroy them if their timing or balance is off just a bit.

I agree on Wilson, I see a good overall player without an elite ceiling as a pass rusher.

My biggest concern with Wilson is still that foot

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jackson is suffering from running QB syndrome. It's taken a toll on his body as it always does. GMs are not sure he will be as dynamic as the past or if he can adjust to not being so and rely on his arm enough to be worthy of the contract he'll demand. He's taking more of a RB career path as opposed to a QB one at this rate.

Fields needs to rush for under 800 yards this year.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think Floyd is a better all around player. Ya-Sin makes them better too and he’s only 26.
No doubt Floyd is better all around. But the Bears need pass rush and sack production. Gipson and Robinson are going to be on the field, they are young and Gipson has produced in the NFL before. Robinson is this regime's pick and they like his upside. They'll probably draft DE early in this draft to help that room as well, so that guy'll play. And then Walker will get some reps there, especially in the base D. But Gipson, Robinson, Walker, and a draft pick aren't likely to give you 8+ sack production on the outside. None of them ever have in the league. Floyd has done that the last 3 years, but he's also done it with Aaron Donald on the same DL, and never did it in the 4 years without him. With Ngakoue, you can put in ink in the statbook at the end of the year, he's going to have at least 8 sacks, which is more than you can say about anyone else on the market or Bears roster or likely available in the draft at DE.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Would much rather have Floyd than Ngakoue.

One player that I think is totally going under the radar at EDGE is Justin Houston. One year deal with him would not surprise me at all.
Love J.Houston but isn't he like 34/35 now? I guess on a one year deal it wouldn't really matter.