**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
If Bears go CB at 9 would you be upset?
I think it would definitely cause general dick ripping. Bears biggest needs last draft were WR and OL, then Poles went secondary with the first two picks. My immediate reaction is that I’d be upset if the Bears grabbed a CB at #9, but if the Bears were choosing between Gonzalez or Witherspoon at #9, it would be hard to complain about grabbing the #1 overall CB prospect in the draft.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If Bears go CB at 9 would you be upset?
I kind of hate the thought of taking CB with the first pick, the year after taking CB with their first pick.

But if the draft goes:
1. Stroud
2. Young
3. Anderson
4. Levis
5. Richardson
6. Carter
7. Wilson
8. Johnson Jr

The best player on the board in this scenario would be Gonzalez, IMO. If I was doing Poles' whole blue player thing or whatever, he'd be my last of the prospects that I think are a level above everyone else. I'd probably still prefer a trade down, but if that can't happen, I'd be happy with Gonzalez.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I kind of hate the thought of taking CB with the first pick, the year after taking CB with their first pick.

But if the draft goes:
1. Stroud
2. Young
3. Anderson
4. Levis
5. Richardson
6. Carter
7. Wilson
8. Johnson Jr

The best player on the board in this scenario would be Gonzalez, IMO. If I was doing Poles' whole blue player thing or whatever, he'd be my last of the prospects that I think are a level above everyone else. I'd probably still prefer a trade down, but if that can't happen, I'd be happy with Gonzalez.
Well if a trade down was one of the options then i'm choosing that as my first choice as well.

Reactions: chi

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
the 2023 option is guranteed, the only way out of it is if Aaron retires or is traded. It is not yet calculated into the Packers Cap space, because it has not yet been executed.

Aaron could retire next week, and then "unretire" just prior to the season, and totally screw over the Packers. But for now, the Packers have to keep a deceent amount of cap space on the books.

It is guaranteed but they have until the day before the season starts to exercise. Since it has not been exercised and paid yet, it would not count against the Packers cap if he is traded before it is exercised which would be the logical thing for them to do.

So it would only impact the trade if the a Packers were willing to eat it otherwise the Jets know they will have to take on the option.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Ignoring the OL and DL mean he better score a lot of points as we watch our franchise QB run for his life due not stopping the other team putting him in passing downs with a very subpar OL.
Somehow you think I mean to ignore OL and DL. Don’t know where you got that. Last I checked, Poles got out starting LT in the 5th round. We can get a starting RT in the 2nd. We can get DT there and later. We can’t get an offensive weapon the equivalent of BR in this draft. So, no, not mutually exclusive.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

What’s to hate? That’s a way to solidify a position group and drastically improving the team. If Gonzalez lives up the hype, then that would mean Chicago would have one of the best secondaries plus a great coverage MLB playing in front of them = coverage sacks. That improves the whole team.

I myself think this year the more important thing is finding out what Fields value is and is it worth trading up to #1 overall next season or paying Fields as a top 10 QB.

But if the draft goes:
1. Stroud
2. Young
3. Anderson
4. Levis
5. Richardson
6. Carter
7. Wilson
8. Johnson Jr

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
So he punched his pregnant GF 0 times?
Hill. My response has nothing to do with waddle. It’d be like waddle’s response to Hill if he wanted an awkward relationship with a teammate.

Hill: wear 0 for how many times you beat me in madden
Waddle: or i could wear it for how many times i strangled and hit my pregnant gf
Hill: oh awkward

Ya. Idk. Hill just bothers me, that’s all. Then the kid with the broken arm story. If im mistaken or missed an update on these stories please let me know

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
What’s to hate? That’s a way to solidify a position group and drastically improving the team. If Gonzalez lives up the hype, then that would mean Chicago would have one of the best secondaries plus a great coverage MLB playing in front of them = coverage sacks. That improves the whole team.

I myself think this year the more important thing is finding out what Fields value is and is it worth trading up to #1 overall next season or paying Fields as a top 10 QB.
The hate comes from using your top assets each year on CBs. Like I said, it's just the thought that I hate. Actually getting 1 of 7 elite players in this draft is ultimately a good process.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The hate comes from using your top assets each year on CBs. Like I said, it's just the thought that I hate. Actually getting 1 of 7 elite players in this draft is ultimately a good process.
If you were to guess, who do you think he has rated as the 7 elite players? I'd think stroud, young, Anderson, Carter, witherspoon, Gonzalez, and one of PJ/BR/maybe JSN

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So Aaron Rodgers ends up a Jet. Do we want him to kick ass.. maybe even take Jets to the championship games - to really salt the wounds of Packers fans? Or do we want him to suck horribly for all drubbings he levied on us for years. :unsure: