**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
This bickering about Bijan is pretty crazy. The kid looks to be a possible beast out of the backfield....would love to have him.....BUT....he is a luxury pick that teams that have their foundation already built should be looking at.

Bears are not anywhere near "luxury" mode.
Because it is a myth that he is a luxury pick. He is, for many, the top offensive weapon in the draft. Having him in on the team would mean we score a lot more points and win more games.

So, it is a complete fabrication that he is a luxury pick. He is a needed pick for Fields, as Fields needs weapons on O. He actually makes the most sense as a pick, other than the money ball RB group think going on.

If you’d love to have him, I’m sure Fields definitely would, too!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sure but the statement he made isnt proof that any of those other moves are forthcoming or imminent. As others have said it is the same shit he said months ago.
But you automatically assumed that by me saying a move could be coming meant it was one thing which was that we were drafting a T to take his spot which didn't mean that at all.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because it is a myth that he is a luxury pick. He is, for many, the top offensive weapon in the draft. Having him in on the team would mean we score a lot more points and win more games.

So, it is a complete fabrication that he is a luxury pick. He is a needed pick for Fields, as Fields needs weapons on O. He actually makes the most sense as a pick, other than the money ball RB group think going on.

Fields already said he wanted JSN. Sort of him he would probably say Paris Johnson Jr. RB is probably not on his radar.

But you automatically assumed that by me saying a move could be coming meant it was one thing which was that we were drafting a T to take his spot which didn't mean that at all.

Not at all. I was joking the draft is coming up to say his statement was not foreshadowing some other move.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I said this was a possibility and another poster told me I'm wasting my breath. Love CCS GMs
I think poles made it pretty clear they like Jones at LT but that didn't mean he was unwilling to move him if they could upgrade LT. That didn't include a fat ass like Orlando Brown though. If he's going to be moved, they will be targeting another athletic LT (Johnson and Jones in particular fit that mold).

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
You think I forgot about Mooney? Nah, man. Regardless of drafting Bijan Robinson, Mooney would be second on the boundary, and would compete for touches in the slot. DJ Moore would be at the Y more with Claypool being the big X, especially if they run with a 2 TE set or put a FB on the field. So, in the unlikely event that we do draft Bijan, he would be in the Wing/Slot and split out wide. With his skills with the ball in his hand, he would move Mooney to a part time slot role and a share time with the Y boundary.

In all seriousness, you think he'd have to actually compete with Herbert? Fuck out of here. Dude. It would be a foregone conclusion that Bijan would be RB 1 unless they moved him to a different spot on the formation. The moment they put him anywhere else, a D would have to make a choice as to how to defend him or Moore. There'd be single coverage on someone and a read that the D doesn't like.

Herbert would be herbed. 7.1 yard per touch carry -- with his hands, and his pass blocking? He's what people think of as a replaceable part as far as RBs go. With Bijan, paralleling how I saw them use CMC in SF, the backs would be on a committee and get touches as he was moved around the formation. You really think Bijan'd be #2 behind the back up level RBs we have on the roster? Fuck out of here! Come on now!will likely be repeatedly crushed due

Herbert over Bijan ... That's fucking

Ignoring the OL and DL mean he better score a lot of points as we watch our franchise QB run for his life due not stopping the other team putting him in passing downs with a very subpar OL.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The current cap space is 23m. So trading him now means cap space goes down from 23m to 15m (32m current cap hit vs 40m dead cap means additional 8m in cap space used).

Waiting until June 1 means that that 40m in dead cap gets spread over 2 years ie 15m this year and 25m next year year). So that means this years cap would increase 17m (32 current cap hit vs 15m in 2023 dead cap). So the cap space for this year would go up to 40m.

However my point is free agency is largely over so there isnt much need for a ton of cap space. Further having 40m in cap space post June 1 isnt all that beneficial as more than likely you just roll it into 2024 anyways. Thus, it really isnt hugely beneficial to wait unless the Packers plan on signing more FAs for big money or extending someone. Otherwise they have more than enough cap space to sign their draft class and have money left over for in-season emergencies.

The 2023 option does not really matter unless the Packers were willing to exercise it before the trade to get a better pick. But that would require them having enough cap space to eat 58.3m more dead cap either over one year or two.
the 2023 option is guranteed, the only way out of it is if Aaron retires or is traded. It is not yet calculated into the Packers Cap space, because it has not yet been executed.

Aaron could retire next week, and then "unretire" just prior to the season, and totally screw over the Packers. But for now, the Packers have to keep a deceent amount of cap space on the books.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Ignoring the OL and DL mean he better score a lot of points as we watch our franchise QB run for his life due not stopping the other team putting him in passing downs with a very subpar OL.
I am not sure Bijan is a 3 down back, but it would be great to have him. Of course, after getting the O' Line fixed...

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
the 2023 option is guranteed, the only way out of it is if Aaron retires or is traded. It is not yet calculated into the Packers Cap space, because it has not yet been executed.

Aaron could retire next week, and then "unretire" just prior to the season, and totally screw over the Packers. But for now, the Packers have to keep a deceent amount of cap space on the books.
The Packers own his ass until next year...